Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3941 - Crawley v Barrow

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am sure that if the rabble on here that continually knock their good progress saw them play they would actually be impressed.

I have to agree with this, having seen them play a couple of months ago, they were one of the best non-league sides I have seen...certainly as good as the likes of Barnet, Stevenage and Oxford who were all subsequently promoted to the football league.

I guess the ground is a limiting factor, especially as they don't actually own it, but what is to say that whoever has been investing in the club hasn't got plans to move them somewhere else or buy the ground back.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
By the start of the 3rd season of promotion - yes.

What about terracing? Have never been to the Broadfield but presumably they have terracing..or do they?

The example to avoid is Maidstone United, who actually I think got promoted into what was Div 3 and then folded totally.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
....and 2236 last night. Where are they all going? Steve?

Thats not bad for a NON LEAGUE side on a Tuesday Night (included the mass following of Hayes supporters as well, 27 according to the argus) and imparticular when they play at home again on Friday night which has sold out. so not bad at all Beardy

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
yeah 3 sides terracing and the main stand seating

They've got some scope for expanding in the present location but Crawley is a very 'go ahead' place and I wouldn't rule out a move to a bigger plot if they could justify it. I lived up there for years and compared to sleepy old Worthing things there just get done with very little fuss, probably some planning loopholes hung over from the new town era.

Gates could justify it if they got into the league. Town benefit massively from the Laaandan overspill. Most up there seems to support a London team but have Crawley as their a 2nd team. Fans priced out of the Premiership or whose teams are away up north tend to drift to the Broadfield.

Good side too, I know it'll rankle a fair few but good luck to 'em, local rivalry is no bad thing not that they'll bother you for a few years!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here