Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 year banning order

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I wonder how many times those two words were uttered/shouted by players throughout those 90 minutes. In fact, didn't the ref tell Tanno to f*** off or was that a load of cobblers?

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Thanks 1982 I think its rather a good one myself

It's a good one and probably contains an element of truth. Sky TV profits last year were in excess of £1bn much of this dependant upon the TV rights to football. Got to protect your investment and all that. As the Leveson inquiry has proved, nothing and nobody are off limits.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
didn't the referee swear at Tanno? Maybe he should get a banning order? It's absolutey disgraceful that somebody gets the same punishment for exercising a freedom of speech as somebody who gets in a mass brawl and arrested.

It would be interesting to find out how many Southampton fans have got banning orders for the same thing, as I absolutely guarantee that some southamton fans were heard saying exactly the same

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You see now, the odd thing is, I have no real issue with other words describing the female anatomy. Minge or twat just make me giggle. Gash...hmmm...less so, not very keen on that one, I must admit. Tuppence, Noonie, Miffy or any other words people use when talking about such delicate matters with their kids: hilarious.

We need a new song for Noone. I can't sing "Noonie, Noonie, Noonie..." at him after this post...

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
"Them's the rules" No foul language or face evection and a possible criminal conviction. YOUR AN ADULT YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest, did the o/p plead guilty or not guilty?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How old are you?

Reads like behaviour likely to cause a Breach of the Peace. I thought people were warned to mind their language, but if an opposing supporter calls you a "Ghengis Hunt" you should refrain from dialogue and expect an attempted assault is imminent and take steps to defend yourself by hitting first. This defence should ? hold up in Court. Not the Divorce Court, the Magistrates.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Reads like behaviour likely to cause a Breach of the Peace. I thought people were warned to mind their language, but if an opposing supporter calls you a "Ghengis Hunt" you should refrain from dialogue and expect an attempted assault is imminent and take steps to defend yourself by hitting first. This defence should ? hold up in Court. Not the Divorce Court, the Magistrates.

Where in PACE would it say about " Defend yourself by hitting first" ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The C word is still a big taboo. I like it myself as it is the only word that will still generally shock most people and is great to use every now and again as it is the only IMPACT word left. The F word is run of the mill so if you had not used the C word would have got away with it. I have never used the C word at a football match as I know that is a step too far for most people. Ridiculous but its the way it is especially if there are kids about as they should not be subjected to it.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find, by not swearing that much, when I do even the milder swear words have greater impact.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Live to fight another Day

Where in PACE would it say about " Defend yourself by hitting first" ?

No, it is wrong, but in practice, you may have no option. Words alone do not even constitute affray. Shouting abusive language is a sign of a prelude to attack and you have to make up you mind in less time in takes to finish this sentence. Failure to make the right decision (in Court it is called defending yourself) can result in your death. I have known someone die from from making this mistake. The Police will do the same. The alternative is backing off and running away (hits you on the back of the head) or defending yourself.

In the circumstances when it happened to me, I have known to play the "passing game". I ducked and the attacker hit the person behind me. That person said something (he did not swear unless you count Bastard) and was promptly arrested.

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Most know me, and I can be exceptionally potty mouthed at football, and as someone else has stated, I could nicked at most matches. However, although I think the sentence is harsh, and a waste of tax payrs money with court costs etc. Maybe there should have been a minor ban with, some community service.

Not defending the C word, but that's the main reason An Officer and a Gentleman has an 18 rating.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blimey, some of you are either complete hypocrite's, very dull or have some very high opinions of yourselves.

Whilst the person in question has broken some laws, but the punishment seems harsher than the crime.

Not sure why some on here feel the need to be so judgemental on the issue.

Absolutely agree.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My first reaction is that you shouldn't scream the c word at someone. Naughty. However, if you got warned by a steward and a few people told you to watch your language, that's probably as far as it should go.

Even a fine as a slap on the wrists.

But to be banned for 3 years is a joke. Couldn't you just come anyway? How would they know?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I have huge sympathy for anyone getting banned this year, the club has been extremely over the top with their banning orders. I'm extremely glad I got off with a two match ban for wazzing on a fence in hindsight, as there have been plenty of stories of long term bans since then. I'd like to think there is a route of appeal via petition to the club, but as it seems the ban has been handed out in a magistrates court, then I don't think there is that much the club can (or will want to) do about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here