Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 year banning order

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If this is the way things are heading, it sounds like a whole lot of us are gonna get banned sooner - rather than later. At least it'll give us time to pay off the debts that most of us have accrued whilst following The Albion...

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
unlucky but a lesson for us all ... am sorry for you but not a great surprise that it results in a ban ... three years seems very harsh though!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
plenty of banning orders will be dished out for f*** all,with poland round the corner

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Am I supposed to feel sorry about this (or indeed care at all)?

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Banning order from what? How can the authorities justify this waste of public money? am I just getting old?
or has the world gone mad? sorry have to go "nurse has just come in with my medicine!"

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Harsh perhaps when taken in the context of many others are doing similar. That said, you broke the rules - that's foul and abusive language in anyone's book, the two most extremely offensive words in the dictionary used together (except perhaps CRYSTAL PALACE). And if Dave 1973 in the year of your birth, then really, you should know better. I'm being contentious, but perhaps you ought to feel some sort of shame for being a near 40-something that uses such offensive language in public rather than playing the victim on here? Sorry, but it looks like a fair cop from many people's perspective with only yourself to blame. After all, they don't lock up everyone for everything, only a moron doesn't realise this. And I'm sure you're not one so won't use this as a line of defence.

Last edited:

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Im afraid that anybody stepping out of line in or around football is going to get the full force of the law especially in Brighton a Barrister told me that Judges have been instructed to make examples of any bad behavior that is football related . Its because there is not that much trouble down here and they want to keep it that way. last week all the spurs lads who were charged after the Aberdeen game pleaded not guilty ,come court day no witnesses turned up and they were free to go .However all the brighton lads were told to plead guilty so many of them will go to jail on first offences because its footgall related Im not condoneing there action for one minute iits the sentencing that is out of proportion compared with nonces and muggers . Im sure Rupert Murdoch has had a hand in this as a caviate to all the money he has put in to english football and putting preasure on who ever the gov of the day to crack down on those spoling his product in return for favourable press in his rags

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If this is the way things are heading, it sounds like a whole lot of us are gonna get banned sooner - rather than later. At least it'll give us time to pay off the debts that most of us have accrued whilst following The Albion...

I disagree. The club will continue to make examples to keep the masses from crossing the line. That's the same for law and order in general. The threat is there and everyone's aware they run the risk of punishment for breaking it. Of course, millions get away with breaking the law everyday e.g. mobiles whilst driving, speeding, dropping litter, letting your dog poo on the pavement without picking it up, deliberately towing your dog behind a Porche and so on....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:shrug:maybe this is why there are so many empty seats at sold out games

Nope, there are lots of other reasons that hold more weight than this, they'll always be missing fans perhaps up to 10% for many games e.g. our 2 seats were empty last saturday simply because something more important came up in life at the last minute, as it does, and I couldn't give them to anyone because I don't live in Sussex. Just the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid. Would love to give them away but there just wasn't time.

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
You could stand in Churchill Square tomorrow and shout that at the top of your voice and nothng would happen. I feel very sorry for you.

Slightly untrue, if anyone come and stood next to me and my kids in Churchill Square and shouted the words in question, they'd find themselves getting a clip round the ear!

As for the old days, the days where lads swearing with a passion was common place on the terraces, they seemed to have been replaced with a family friendly fun day out.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I dont think that telling a bunch of saints fans to f off is quite the same as driving whilst on the phone no body in the stand is going to die whilst ..... you get my drift

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
As has been mentioned, you cant have been the only person swearing at the Saints game. How did you manage to draw attention to yourself and get nicked Daveyboy? Did you swear in the vicinity of the old bill or did someone make a complaint or what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here