Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 months to hold suspected terrorists - is it right ?

Is it right to hold suspects for 90 days ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Over 14 days but less than 90

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
REDLAND said:
The French have brought back curfew laws to tackle this, and what better curfew can you put on someone than to lock them up for 3 months with no questions asked !!

Yes - I am sure that period will be used for them to contemplate on the error of their ways. Not.

Or would it increase the grievance, or create one - where there was not one there before.

Dandyman

In London village.
REDLAND said:
No not at all the mainly Algerian Muslims causing the chaos hate the country that has afforded them a greater living standard than their birthplace ever could. They have been programmed from day one to believe that the West owes them big time, and this is only abetted by the establishment media and the liberal hierarchy in France.

Politicians and media mouthpieces have towed the rhetoric that somehow the state's ignorance of these individuals and their lack of care in providing them with adequate housing, health care and employment is the cause of the rebellion.

That in itself highlights the crux of the problem. The immigrants think the State owes them a living and are prepared to act as leeches and suck off all they can get with no return. The burden always falls on the middle class. France's six million strong Muslim population and its insane mass immigration policies is why French taxes are the highest in Europe.

The French have brought back curfew laws to tackle this, and what better curfew can you put on someone than to lock them up for 3 months with no questions asked !!

Sorry, I made the mistake of thinking you wanted an intelligent debate. Clearly you just wanted to air your BNP sympathies.

Dandyman

In London village.
Wardywonderland said:
If you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear.

1989: The Guildford Four are released by the Court of Appeal.

1991: The Birmingham Six are freed. Prosecutions against officers accused of tampering with evidence are halted because of "adverse publicity".

1997: The Bridgwater Four - minus Patrick Molloy, who died in jail - are released after 17 years in prison.

2000: The M25 Three are freed by three Court of Appeal judges who say there had been a "conspiracy" to give perjured evidence.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Dandyman said:
1989: The Guildford Four are released by the Court of Appeal.

1991: The Birmingham Six are freed. Prosecutions against officers accused of tampering with evidence are halted because of "adverse publicity".

1997: The Bridgwater Four - minus Patrick Molloy, who died in jail - are released after 17 years in prison.

2000: The M25 Three are freed by three Court of Appeal judges who say there had been a "conspiracy" to give perjured evidence.

Exactly. The innocent have everything to fear from this law.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Dandyman said:
Sorry, I made the mistake of thinking you wanted an intelligent debate. Clearly you just wanted to air your BNP sympathies.

BNP :lolol: you really coundn't be further from the truth !!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wardywonderland said:

This is EXACTLY the point - this should be the case but increasingly isnt. the police are in such a state that an 80 year old, who dared question Jack Straw, is considered a terrorist.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd go for 30 days with a review clause.

Better than being shot four times in the head ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Redland you should know that if you disagree you will be labelled a rascist. I have been told I am a rascist altough my best friend is a Muslim , I am going out with a Malaysian lady and I have many clients who are black and homosexual and indeed black and homosexual :lolol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Spielberg said:
Redland you should know that if you disagree you will be labelled a rascist. I have been told I am a rascist altough my best friend is a Muslim , I am going out with a Malaysian lady and I have many clients who are black and homosexual and indeed black and homosexual :lolol:

Glover dont worry, the truth of it is that the average bloke in the street couldnt give a monkeys if some *suspected* terrorist is locked up for 90 days, remember as its painfully obvious, NSC rarely speaks for the majority in any subject.

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Spielberg said:

" all the mainly Algerian Muslims causing the chaos... They have been programmed from day one to believe that the West owes them big time... The immigrants think the State owes them a living and are prepared to act as leeches and suck off all they can get with no return..."

Now why on earth would anyone think that was a litany of braindead racist cliches ?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Dandyman said:
" all the mainly Algerian Muslims causing the chaos... They have been programmed from day one to believe that the West owes them big time... The immigrants think the State owes them a living and are prepared to act as leeches and suck off all they can get with no return..."

Now why on earth would anyone think that was a litany of braindead racist cliches ?

:clap: nice one you pull half a sentance from my post

are you a 2nd rate journo ?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its like

I hate Blair and he is wrong to attack Iraq but there are a lot of Islamic Fundamentalists who are evil

Reporter

" there are a lot of Islamic Fundamentalists who are evil "

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
eastlondonseagull said:
I'm actually shocked that such a high proportion of NSCers voted in favour of the law. Disappointed might be a better word, though :nono:

Why?
I didn't realise there was a preferred NSC way to vote on this.
Had I known I would've voted differently. :rolleyes:

Dandyman

In London village.
REDLAND said:
:clap: nice one you pull half a sentance from my post

are you a 2nd rate journo ?

No, I 'm a first rate Personnel Manager.

You typed those sentences, you claim that non-whites in France are lazy parasites seeking a free ride on the backs of the hard working natives amd now you are upset that I call that racist crap. Diddums.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can it be right to detain someone for 3 months on a suspicion?

Think of the practical considerations like work and family. This proposal is ridiculous - to go from 14 days to 90?? A month is just about acceptable, but no more.

I can just see the mountain of litigation that will result from the fallout of people being detained and then let go with no charge - £millions.

This is Britain for fucks sake, not some Central American republic.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Dandyman said:
No, I 'm a first rate Personnel Manager.

You typed those sentences, you claim that non-whites in France are lazy parasites seeking a free ride on the backs of the hard working natives amd now you are upset that I call that racist crap. Diddums.

Jesus stop it man your embarrising your self now !!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wardywonderland said:

Unless you're Brazilian !!!!!

Crazy statement to make. I can't believe that anyone trusts both the compentancy and honesty of the Government and Police to suggest 3 months in prison without charge is a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here