Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 months to hold suspected terrorists - is it right ?

Is it right to hold suspects for 90 days ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Over 14 days but less than 90

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Havent had a dispute with you in a while due to trying to ascertain internet policies at a new job but good to see you are still willing to argue.

It isnt myopic mate - just that I have a different opinion to you, keep you mind open and all that - I notice you havent refuted the argument though - just tried to belittle me, not like you at all.

I havent even opened that link though as it looked like it came from the Mirror. I thought you had better sources. I am assuming though that even a man of your vast intellect hasnt had time to read Meyer's autobiography, but as far as I am aware it basically just criticises Straw and says that 'home-grown radicalism was partly radicalised and fuelled by Iraq', hardly saying it was solely to blame for 7/7, which was in the workings well before the war.

The facts remain though as I wrote before about the stated aims of JI and AQ no matter what you try and say about calling me bible belt etc. Argue on the points young man.

Better sources? Open the Mirror link and you'll see it was the same news story printed in every newspaper, from right-wing Telegraph to left-wing Indy. Because it is in fact a Reuters story :lol: But of course, knock youself out and have a go at the Mirror while you're there, too good to resist innit for some one of your political views :)

Of course no one believes the Iraq war is solely responsible for Islamic extremism (that's an idiotic Aunt Sally view created by you to knock down easily in a debate) but in this case, the stupid war was the trigger for this particular conspiracy.

The key point of dispute about the war is whether is gave Islamic extremism the opportunity to recruit widely in Britain. Meyer said it did, I agree with him. The question is, do you?

Straight answer please :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here