Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3,000 empty seats???????

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I've got an ST and haven't been to a single game this season, but then again I don't live in the country! Will be there from September though.

I'm sure loads of people got STs so they could get to the Donny game. I for one know I won't be at all home games this season and would love to be able to cancel my ticket an have it issued to another fan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect the attendance will be even lower next Saturday, Posh will bring 4-500 max and a Bank Holiday weekend will mean that potentially we have more STH away on hols.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hopefully, over time those people will let s/t's lapse, to be replaced with fans with the hunger to watch every time.

Are there many of these though? I know season tickets sold out and there's a waiting list. but it took nearly six months of sales for them to go. If people were really clamouring for them, then they'd have sold out much quicker. I have no doubt that people will pick up lapsed season tickets but I don't think there as many punters out there as you imagine.

As did I for the Donny game, It hurt badly that i couldn't make the game but I had people queing up for the seat. It went to a long time Albion fan now living away from the area and cost them nothing.

I have a very warm feeling about that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As has been stated on here, the issue is clearly blocks of unoccupied seats that for some reason haven't been sold, rather than Mr X who was in Majorca, or Mr Y who bought a season ticket even though he lives in Hong Kong.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's about time somebody looked into the away allocation. Whilst I can accept that Donny and Blackpool are a long way away the seats that a travelling club don't use is money out of our revenue, rather annoying given the number Brighton fans who would have been happy to use the spares. I'll be surprised if any club other than West Ham uses their full allocation.

It's about time somebody looked into the away allocation. Whilst I can accept that Donny and Blackpool are a long way away the seats that a travelling club don't use is money out of our revenue, rather annoying given the number Brighton fans who would have been happy to use the spares. I'll be surprised if any club other than West Ham uses their full allocation.

If you only think West Ham are capable of bringing 2500 to the Amex this year, you are deluded.

Palace, Pompey and Soton are also certainties.

I would have also said Derby, Leicester, Forrest, Millwall to name a few would have have an excellent chance of bringing 2500. Plus one or two I have probably missed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here