Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3,000 empty seats???????

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There was a big gap in WSL (small coach size) which look like it was in the tickets available for general release section. Maybe there was a transport problem.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Im not an Albion fan but fancy going to the Posh game next week. My friend is lending me his ticket. Is it not the case that anyone who is lent a ticket can use the card to by refreshments and the owner gets billed? Surely a lot of people who would otherwise lend their tickets to people are not doing so unless its someone they absolutely trust.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Im not an Albion fan but fancy going to the Posh game next week. My friend is lending me his ticket. Is it not the case that anyone who is lent a ticket can use the card to by refreshments and the owner gets billed? Surely a lot of people who would otherwise lend their tickets to people are not doing so unless its someone they absolutely trust.

Depends if there is any money on the card to start with, also they can go online and check what has been spent. Yes its a trust thing, but if you spent their money without permission you can guarantee they won't lend you the card again

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
How the hell was the attendance just 19,500?

You couldnt buy a ticket for love nor money for this game 'total sell out'.

Fair enough they was 1,200 empty seats in the away end, and maybe 200 in the east stand next to the away end, but we couldnt see any other gaps. Where were these other 1,600 empty seats then?!!

The attendance was nearer 20,500.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Depends if there is any money on the card to start with, also they can go online and check what has been spent. Yes its a trust thing, but if you spent their money without permission you can guarantee they won't lend you the card again

At the end of the day its miles easier to lend someone your season ticket just by tearing off the particular ticket from a book.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
i think people are going to have to accept that, once you account for half the away end empty, holidays, illness, work, weather etc, etc, we'll only break 20k occasionaly.

until or unless the club arrange a ticket exchange of course.

The shortfall shouldn't be 3,000 out of 22,500 for those circumstances.
For example, Arsenal & ManU fans have holidays, illness, work, weather too, but very nearly reach the 60,355 and 76,212 every time, as just 2 examples.

I wonder if some are already put-off by the transport complexities and queues compared to the parking close to Withdean?

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
The shortfall shouldn't be 3,000 out of 22,500 for those circumstances.
For example, Arsenal & ManU fans have holidays, illness, work, weather too, but very nearly reach the 60,355 and 76,212 every time, as just 2 examples.

I wonder if some are already put-off by the transport complexities and queues compared to the parking close to Withdean?

If there are people who are willing to spend £500 odd quid and then only go to one game I would love to know them. I am almost positive this is not the case.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
If there are people who are willing to spend £500 odd quid and then only go to one game I would love to know them. I am almost positive this is not the case.

If not dedicated Albion fans, some might choose not to attend all 23 home league games, with the whole palaver of jams etc.
For those, there is also the choice of EPL and Test Cricket on TV.
I know plenty of people who for a season ticket cost, to attend just say 15 out of 23, for that money, would be no issue.

And some have got big journies. Spoke to fans on the bus who live in the likes of Chichester and near Horsham, followed by park n ride.

(I will try to go to all 23).

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A big gap in the East (south) was where the non sth tickets are sold on a match by match basis so how come these were empty if sold out? people wouldn't buy for one game then not turn up.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
And some have got big journies. Spoke to fans on the bus who live in the likes of Chichester and near Horsham, followed by park n ride.

(I will try to go to all 23).

You're not suggesting that's along journey are you? To Chichester and Horsham!

Our journey to watch the Albion has never been easier - get on the coach in Tun Wells and in under an hr we're at the ground. As no of us are driving we get to drink too! That alas is not so good......hic.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well the East Upper was full.

0,,10433~9908407,00.gif

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I've had an empty seat next to my trwo seats,I asked the club if I could buy it...turns out it is not on the systems computer therefore cannot be sold as it's an emergency seat,the club have to keep 50/60 seats for this purpose.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Get used to it. I think a lot of people have bought season tickets despite knowing they will not be able to attend every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here