Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3,000 empty seats???????

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We still got more than Swansea in the Prem (19,028)!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The shortfall shouldn't be 3,000 out of 22,500 for those circumstances.
For example, Arsenal & ManU fans have holidays, illness, work, weather too, but very nearly reach the 60,355 and 76,212 every time, as just 2 examples.

I wonder if some are already put-off by the transport complexities and queues compared to the parking close to Withdean?

When I saw MotD last night, there were a hell of a lot of empty seats at the Arsenal game - what was all that about?

And if you think trying to park near Withdean is hard - try parking near the Emirates.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
When I saw MotD last night, there were a hell of a lot of empty seats at the Arsenal game - what was all that about?

And if you think trying to park near Withdean is hard - try parking near the Emirates.

I read somewhere that Arsenal's attendance figure relates to the number of seats sold, which is why (for league games) it is ALWAYS just over 60,000. Whereas we quote the attendance as the actual number of people in the stadium. I am sure the club sold every home ticket they could, on the basis that it was a "sell out".

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
i have a friend who knows someone who bought 7 season tickets and has no intention of going which is really pissing me off

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
i have a friend who knows someone who bought 7 season tickets and has no intention of going which is really pissing me off

Explanations like that, and those who won't bother to go to say 1/3 of home league games due to the effort of doing it/transport palaver, I expect will always leave gaps.
Hopefully, over time those people will let s/t's lapse, to be replaced with fans with the hunger to watch every time.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I find that very hard to believe. Seven tickets, that amounts to around 3500 pounds. As Larry David says ' why would you do that?'

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Club must be able to match who's come through the turnstiles against those ST's sold. Give it a few more games and perhaps worth the club doing some pro-active work to find out why they aren't attending and possibly gaining permission to resell tickets.

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
i just think at if i am on hoilday or ill i cant let the club resell my seat in some way even if the money went to good cause i will go to most of the 23 matchs but always one or two for some reason you may not be able to attend espally when there poeple cant get tickets.

yes i know you give to friends and family and may do if any want to go.

also i know poeple that are away from england for half the season maybe they should do some kind of share season ticket or half season ticket for those who bought a season ticket and can only go to a few of the match i cant see problem as long done thought the club

Jan 30, 2008
How the hell was the attendance just 19,500?

You couldnt buy a ticket for love nor money for this game 'total sell out'.

Fair enough they was 1,200 empty seats in the away end, and maybe 200 in the east stand next to the away end, but we couldnt see any other gaps. Where were these other 1,600 empty seats then?!!
ANOTHER CLUELESS POST , one or two where i was sitting ITS A BIG GROUND YOU AINT GOING TO NOTICE IT from sitting in another stand :dunce:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Do STHs get counted automatically as being there or is it just how many scan through turn stiles? If its the latter its clearly because some STH are still on holiday or at cricket.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Just to clarify from people replying on page 1. My point was that 19,500 is not a shit attendance as i think its bloody good, i was pointing out there didnt look anywhere near 2,000 empty seats in the home stands.

(and i had a mate in another stand who also commented tyere was hardly any gaps and he was looking at our stand!)

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Just to clarify from people replying on page 1. My point was that 19,500 is a shit attendance as i think its bloody good, i was pointing out there didnt look anywhere near 2,000 empty seats in the home stands.

(and i had a mate in another stand who also commented tyere was hardly any gaps and he was looking at our stand!)
:facepalm:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would say the massive empty blocks count for more than people on holiday.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
A big gap in the East (south) was where the non sth tickets are sold on a match by match basis so how come these were empty if sold out? people wouldn't buy for one game then not turn up.

Great Post.

This is the one thing that puzzles me. People who have paid for a ST have the right to turn up or not - so there will always be some empty seats in that area - but how can their be empty seats in the section for non season ticket holders when the game is billed as a "sell out" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here