Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3,000 empty seats???????

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
How the hell was the attendance just 19,500?

You couldnt buy a ticket for love nor money for this game 'total sell out'.

Fair enough they was 1,200 empty seats in the away end, and maybe 200 in the east stand next to the away end, but we couldnt see any other gaps. Where were these other 1,600 empty seats then?!!

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex

Fair enough they was 1,200 empty seats in the away end, and maybe 200 in the east stand next to the away end, but we couldnt see any other gaps. Where were these other 1,600 empty seats then?!!

Good Point. It was a SELL OUT, so we were told.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

a big gap nearer the North Stand side of the West Stand Lower

and a seat in front of me.

Still holidays mind.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
a big gap nearer the North Stand side of the West Stand Lower

and a seat in front of me.

Still holidays mind.

yeh that was a pretty large space

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think people are going to have to accept that, once you account for half the away end empty, holidays, illness, work, weather etc, etc, we'll only break 20k occasionaly.

until or unless the club arrange a ticket exchange of course.

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
if the sth could sell tickets back to the club them maybe get better attendence so hoildays ect wont be an issue

There were 2000 spare BHA seats at today's game.
The majority of these were the club seats reserved. Like Withdean last year the club keep far too many back which are not used.

As said before some fans are still on holiday. You need to discount at least 5% for no shows.

The other factor is the fair weather fan.
I know of 3 season ticket holders who are London based, watch the Prem & will only visit the Amex two/three times a season. There is no interest to sell their match tickets either.

There are also a number of groups who bought a big batch of tickets 20+. the likelihood of the group using all tickets for a game is low.

20,000+ gates will be in the minority

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Quite a few empty seats around me in WSU by halfway line. I'm guessing the figure is people through turnstiles rather than seats bought and paid for.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can anyone that has a season ticket but is unable to go please just give your ticket away, lend your card to a brother, sister, nephew, mum. mate, anyone. I HATE seeing empty seats.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
There were plenty of empty seats in the north end of the east stand as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe the club only released 1,000 matchday tickets for sale , for it to be a full house all the away seats have to be filled , everyone turns up from their sick beds etc , no-one can go on holiday when we play at home and all the sponsors tickets and complimentaries are accounted for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This.

Maybe you should be able to text the club if you can't attend and they remove the match off your smart card. They refund you if they manage to sell your seat.

Perhaps the reason there isn't a ticket exchange is it partly negates the need for another 8,000 seats. The waiting list for a season ticket is over a thousand so its in the club's interest to sell more season tickets instead of allowing fans to sell their ticket back to the club for individual games and if sold receive a credit.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
If it ticks over at the 20 000 mark it will be a great. It will never be every seat sat in, as people's lives are not arranged like in the old days. It is 2011 after all ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here