Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test Match South Africa v England

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The old saying of "you can never tell a good or a bad score until both teams have batted their first innings" always applies when it's usually around 250-350.

We're still in this. Definitely.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Can someone tell me why Bess is our so called best spinner for this match? Looks like a routine right arm off-spinner to me? Surely we must have a leg spinner somewhere in the English game that can be developed. Off spinners like Bess are very run of the mill IMHO.

Will Beer could do a job and he would only need two letters changing on the shirt! Oh I forgot, he doesn't play for a fashionable County.... :)

TNBA

TTF

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SA all out 223.

Five wickets for Jimmy

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christ! We are actually still in with a shout in a Test! Will the 220 odd that we set be enough?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ben Stokes becomes the first English player to take 5 catches in a test innings. Bravo to the Venus fly trap, is there anything that man can’t do? Anderson takes five after looking like he could be dropped and England bowlers save the batsman... again.

How many can we make? Need 300+ total

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crawley doubled his 1st Innings score so if they could all do that we may be able set them a sensible target or even if they all beat their previous score would help.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Crawley out after getting a start, at least he’s following the example of his peers.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Apologies if mentioned before, but I have just put on "the cricket social" expecting some commentary on the game - what a disappointing load of rubbish, with hardly a mention of the goings on on the pitch. Is there not anything akin to TSM I can tune into?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apologies if mentioned before, but I have just put on "the cricket social" expecting some commentary on the game - what a disappointing load of rubbish, with hardly a mention of the goings on on the pitch. Is there not anything akin to TSM I can tune into?

Think it is on Talksport 2 the full commentary

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ben Stokes becomes the first English player to take 5 catches in a test innings. Bravo to the Venus fly trap, is there anything that man can’t do? Anderson takes five after looking like he could be dropped and England bowlers save the batsman... again.

How many can we make? Need 300+ total

I find that amazing that it's never happened before. Needs four in the second innings to be the highest outfielder catcher in one test!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Yes, avoid "The Cricket Social " after Talkshite poached the BBC overseas radio rights they cobbled this together in order to give the TMS team and assorted summarizers some work to stop them all jumping ship. I was very anti Talkshite at first but they are not too bad with their commentary and they have very few ads for Vans and plasterboard thankfully.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Yes, avoid "The Cricket Social " after Talkshite poached the BBC overseas radio rights they cobbled this together in order to give the TMS team and assorted summarizers some work to stop them all jumping ship. I was very anti Talkshite at first but they are not too bad with their commentary and they have very few ads for Vans and plasterboard thankfully.

Thank you to both you and BH. I too have been anti Talkshite for years, but have tuned in on my tablet and it seems okay, but much better than The Cricket Social. Call me old fashioned, but I will miss the days of being able to tune in to the Test Match on the terrestrial radio in my car!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lead of 104 with one wicket down

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I was quite happily listening to the commentary on TalkBollocks on Friday morning (much better than their previous attempts which were woeful, plus the interminable adverts for white van man), when they buggered off to DAB and the internet, which the car radio doesn't have. Alan Brazil suddenly reoccurred so it was swiftly back to Radio 4 and Today looking forward to WW3 in Iraq.

The cricket social seems to be just a lot of blather by some blokes watching the telly. Five Live were guilty of similar a couple of evenings last week when all they do was talk about games going on when they didn't have any rights to the commentary. Total lack of imagination and a complete waste of air-time. It was the audio version of watching games via ceefax or teletext back in the day (for those of us decrepit enough to remember such things).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here