Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 f***ing Pounds

post No 28
they've been questioned on here, being accused of selling out to ESPN.
the point I was making was ultimately the decision to be on tele wasn't theirs to make (although they were entitled to a say)

for the record, the moving off KO times and TV coverage is not included in the principles the club was set up for, however making football affordable for everyone was (I belive an under 18's season ticket is around the 20 quid mark)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For a club needing to raise millions of pounds to build a new stadium, I honestly think the temptation to have higher prices for a game like this is too great.

Ok yes £25 is probably way off the mark, but I would be very surprised if they didn't suggest higher tickets prices to take advantage of a situation they may not find themselves in again for x number of years.

The difference between £10 and £15 a ticket is £25,000 (£12,500 each) if you had an attendance of 5,000. What they regard as "affordable" is open to interpretation, which is why I think we could find ourselves paying more.

For a club needing to raise millions of pounds to build a new stadium, I honestly think the temptation to have higher prices for a game like this is too great.

but this WOULD be going against the principles of the club, It won't happen. I know for a fact the board will agree to the lowest possible admission cost (although, i'm sure they do it safe in the knowledge The Albion won't let us in for a quid)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Ok yes £25 is probably way off the mark, but I would be very surprised if they didn't suggest higher tickets prices to take advantage of a situation they may not find themselves in again for x number of years.

The difference between £10 and £15 a ticket is £25,000 (£12,500 each) if you had an attendance of 5,000. What they regard as "affordable" is open to interpretation, which is why I think we could find ourselves paying more.

The obvious and fundamental flaw in those sums, is the assumption that the ticket prices have no bearing on the SIZE of the gate.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
but this WOULD be going against the principles of the club, It won't happen. I know for a fact the board will agree to the lowest possible admission cost (although, i'm sure they do it safe in the knowledge The Albion won't let us in for a quid)

I hope you're right!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The obvious and fundamental flaw in those sums, is the assumption that the ticket prices have no bearing on the SIZE of the gate.

Even at £15, you would only need a crowd of 3,333 to beat 5,000 people paying £10.

I get what you are saying of course.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Excellent spoof postings this morning from the Billingshurst Supporters Club.

It wasn't a spoof... I just went to look on the off chance, and our 5 season tickets in G/H block came up under Cup Tickets as being available at £25 for adults and £14.50 for the U16s... I didn't go through with buying them cos I thought they were a bit pricey! and then a couple of hours later it had gone.

Very pleased and not surprised that they have gone for £10 and £5.

It wasn't a spoof... I just went to look on the off chance, and our 5 season tickets in G/H block came up under Cup Tickets as being available at £25 for adults and £14.50 for the U16s... I didn't go through with buying them cos I thought they were a bit pricey! and then a couple of hours later it had gone.

Very pleased and not surprised that they have gone for £10 and £5.

Sorry then; it's just that I was logged on to the club website as your post appeared on here and I couldn't view what you'd seen.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Why has NSC suddenly gone into silly season?

£25 for £10 tickets and apparantly our manager won't even be there cos he's off to Chelsea FFS :shrug:

If Gus goes to Chelsea I will perform a lap of Withdean wearing nothing but my policeman's helmet whilst singing YMCA (with all the moves obviously). It will not be a pretty sight but I'm confident I won't need to dust off my helmet ooeer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here