Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 f***ing Pounds

Well I beg to take a diiferent stance.

The prententious morally-superior drivel on their website about their ethos, goes on at great lengths about the reasons for their dissaffection with United.

These include ticket prices / fleecing of the fans, and the constant moving of fixtures at the behest of TV.

So far this cup run has seen them move their first round match to Friday night for the TV money, and now [IF this is correct] insist on an outrageous ticket price in R2.

As I say. Hypocrites.

I repeat, there is no way on earth the FC members would vote for/allow a price increase, they will allways vote for the lowest price possible

As for TV, the members voted in favour of entering the FA cup and accepted the rules that went with it, as for the Rochdale scenario factors were consisdered inc locallity and how easy it was for their fans, the money(67k) as a third non league tier club was also a factor (although when Rochdale contacted them about reducing ticket prices, they had no hesitation what so ever in accepting) but one of the key elements was that Rochdale had the final say as the home team!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I repeat, there is no way on earth the FC members would vote for/allow a price increase, they will allways vote for the lowest price possible

As for TV, the members voted in favour of entering the FA cup and accepted the rules that went with it, as for the Rochdale scenario factors were consisdered inc locallity and how easy it was for their fans, the money(67k) as a third non league tier club was also a factor (although when Rochdale contacted them about reducing ticket prices, they had no hesitation what so ever in accepting) but one of the key elements was that Rochdale had the final say as the home team!

Well that was mighty big of them. I wish Rochdale had knocked them out. Once a Manc, always a Manc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
i'm lost now

Them letting Rochdale have the final say-how very generous of them. Unless I misunderstood your post in which case I apologise for letting my dislike of Mancs affect my ability to think.

Still wish Rochdale had beaten them.

Them letting Rochdale have the final say-how very generous of them. Unless I misunderstood your post in which case I apologise for letting my dislike of Mancs affect my ability to think.

Still wish Rochdale had beaten them.

they've been questioned on here, being accused of selling out to ESPN.
the point I was making was ultimately the decision to be on tele wasn't theirs to make (although they were entitled to a say)

for the record, the moving off KO times and TV coverage is not included in the principles the club was set up for, however making football affordable for everyone was (I belive an under 18's season ticket is around the 20 quid mark)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Fair enough, just don't come on here BLEATING like a little girl when a condition of a ticket for the glamour tie in the 3rd round is the production of a ticket stub from the FCUM game.

:thumbsup:

I'll take my chances if the ticket prices are £25, if only 2000 albion turn up then there will still be 6000 tickets up for grabs with season ticket holders getting preference. No way am I paying £25 to watch some non-league team who think they are the moral voice of football (yeah yeah whatever).

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I remember in 1997 we stood up for what we believed in and tried to get a message across to the world of football, but then again it was US, and if WE do it then it must be right

You said that, not me?! I just think is is preposterous for some deluded dissaffected fans of one of the richest and most successful clubs in the world with a magnificent stadium and world class players decide it isn't for them and that they would rather watch shit non-league football in front of 2000 fans at Gigg Lane on spurious moral grounds. Their situation was nothing like ours and there is no comparison whatsoever. They had a club, a stadium, money and quality players not to mention a trophy room bursting with silverware, they decided they didn't like it - big f***ing deal you miserable northern tosspots - bugger off and support someone else then. I have no sympathy for them and neither do I give a toss about their so called moral crusade, I hope they drown in mushy peas and gravy.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£25 as quoted by someone going for a bit of fishing, and he got a HUGE catch.

They may want prices at £25, but I would assume we would want to keep it at £10. So if it went to an FA decision, you would have thought the tickets would be priced up around half way. £15 would about the right price if FCUM want them as high as possible.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Once the Glazers f*** off half of these FCUM martyrs will be back to Old Trafford faster than you can say 'Wayne Rooney's new 5 year deal'. They are only just above the plums who sit at OT wearing their green and gold scarves.........over a newly bought (in the club shop) MUFC home strip with "Chicarito" emblazoned on it.

Playing the victim and supporting the biggest club in the world won't rub with the rest of football. It's all getting very f***ing tedious.

Muppets

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You said that, not me?! I just think is is preposterous for some deluded dissaffected fans of one of the richest and most successful clubs in the world with a magnificent stadium and world class players decide it isn't for them and that they would rather watch shit non-league football in front of 2000 fans at Gigg Lane on spurious moral grounds. Their situation was nothing like ours and there is no comparison whatsoever. They had a club, a stadium, money and quality players not to mention a trophy room bursting with silverware, they decided they didn't like it - big f***ing deal you miserable northern tosspots - bugger off and support someone else then. I have no sympathy for them and neither do I give a toss about their so called moral crusade, I hope they drown in mushy peas and gravy.

Its a bit like the Ruffians standing up against the 1901ers. :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Once the Glazers f*** off half of these FCUM martyrs will be back to Old Trafford faster than you can say 'Wayne Rooney's new 5 year deal'. They are only just above the plums who sit at OT wearing their green and gold scarves.........over a newly bought (in the club shop) MUFC home strip with "Chicarito" emblazoned on it.

Playing the victim and supporting the biggest club in the world won't rub with the rest of football. It's all getting very f***ing tedious.

Muppets

Sorry, but I disagree. Those green and yellow wearing fools at Old Trafford cannot be seen in the same light as those who have chosen to pin their colours to the mast of FCUM.

Those now following FCUM have basically stopped watching the club that they have watched for years (a pretty big decision IMO) because of Ticket prices, Sunday lunchtime kick offs, Glazers borrowing etc.

My only concern was that the first time they (the fans of FCUM) had a big decision to make (playing on TV on a Friday night) they plumped for the cash - apparently they went for it for two reasons - Rochdale is up the road so no travelling time for fans, and also Rochdale needed the cash.

Our game falls into neither category so I don't expect our game to be moved for TV.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My favourite United fans are the ones in the new official shirt but also wearing a green and gold scarf.

Spastics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here