• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just enjoy the show. Pretend it is real.

Of course it is all fake, but right now everyone is happy: the people who believe they are part of or supporting some kind of Goodness are happy with their victory, the Trump supporters are happy that they have something to rage about.

As for Biden & Trump I'm sure they have had a nice dinner at the lodge, having a good laugh. They did a good job.

Another job well done: there is no politics and no democracy, just the best selling show and most will never no they're in it.

Dont fight it, it will do you no good. Just play along.

I never know whether you are serious or not sometimes or if you just got a batch of strong weed before you post.

Living where you live and assuming you might be white. You are probably not adversely affected by the rhetoric Trump uses on Twitter. Others closer in proximity in the US are massively affected just by his words because people in Society ''mirror ''them and that includes our own Leader here in the UK, although to a lesser degree I will concede.

It wasn't important that Biden won, I will concede that - But it was important for so many people that Trump lost.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Love seeing Trump supporting turnips suggesting people consider Biden a 'savior', 'Holy Joe' etc despite nobody saying that. All that has happened is the USA has binned a ****.
Keep feeding me with giggles Trump supporters, the petulance is thoroughly entertaining.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh you two.

How easy it must be to believe that it's all a huge plot, that only you and few others on the internet understand.

And how lazy.

It's not true though. Politics, economics, social relations, are just a chaotic mess. Driven by information and misinformation, imbalances of power, human weaknesses and, in amongst it, many more good people trying to do their best to make the world better than people realise. Nobody is in control. Nobody has the big picture. It's not random, just complex. Far more complex than any one person will ever be able to grasp. Most grown ups understand this. Trump came to power for many reasons. Biden won because a lot of good people worked very hard to make it happen, because the covid crisis worked in his favour and because of a million other smaller factors that together added up to give the result we got.

But you keep archly implying that we're the fools and you're the chosen ones who know what's 'really' going on, if it makes you happy. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

Of course I dont expect to be taken seriously.

That said, its not as easy and lazy as you think to have a minority view.

But I doubt you know much about it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I never know whether you are serious or not sometimes or if you just got a batch of strong weed before you post.

Living where you live and assuming you might be white. You are probably not adversely affected by the rhetoric Trump uses on Twitter. Others closer in proximity in the US are massively affected just by his words because people in Society ''mirror ''them and that includes our own Leader here in the UK, although to a lesser degree I will concede.

It wasn't important that Biden won, I will concede that - But it was important for so many people that Trump lost.

Okay.. what do this got to do with me?

I'm very happy Trump is gone - I cant stand him.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Of course I dont expect to be taken seriously.

That said, its not as easy and lazy as you think to have a minority view.

But I doubt you know much about it.

I didn't think you did to be fair. Am less certain about Mr Biggums though.

I campaigned for Corbyn here in the UK, so I do know something about swimming against the tide of general opinion.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm guessing the spiteful, venal, pretty little 45th President hasn't conceded yet ?

Always the victim, never his fault. Lol.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm guessing the spiteful, venal, pretty little 45th President hasn't conceded yet ?

You would have thought he would have spoken to the nation by now, but I'm guessing his 'advisers' are steering him away from that , after his last 'performance.
His body language, as he left that debacle, didn't suggest a 'winner'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Remember this is a person who only has a binary view of people; winners or losers.

Someone who defines military personnel who get captured, wounded or killed as 'losers', isn't just going to phone up and concede. I don't think we will hear him concede at any point. He'll just rumble on with the election being stolen from him. The loser.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The current thinking on CNN is that baby needs to have his tantrum and tire himself out, then they can quietly take him away.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

No. And I don't think he will. Ever.

The fallout from his stance is that a (red) wave of people on Twatter are echoing his talk about voter fraud, recounts, corruption and all that jazz, but NONE of them have any clear evidence. It's just like Pizzagate. Or Obamagate. Or Hunter Biden's Laptop. Or Hillary's emails. Or the "Fake News". Or "It's just a flu". Or "Good people on both sides". The latest in a long list of subjects that are set out to distract from the President's unbelievable levels of incompetence. It seems that the more he says something, the more he – and his supporters – will believe it.

But I'll hand it to Trump, he's managed to brainwash people to a 'cult following' level. Some of the stuff they come out with is truly mind-blowing. When you break it down and look at it objectively, there is no substance behind hardly any of the spurious claims he makes, but he (and his base) continues. The fact that Trumpo fans hang off his every word and echo most of the shite he comes out with is – in some ways – impressive. People are CONVINCED that the election is rigged. Even though so many of the arguments they have so far presented have been thrown out. I mean, I'm happy to hold my hands up if it all gets proven and the compulsive liar is actually telling the truth, but I think I'll be waiting for a while...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Change the tune, Banjo.......I can mock Trump and get a thumbs up, but mock holy Joseph and I'm condemned to hell?

Just leave the religiosity out of it, we're talking about opinion, nothing more or less.

Far more than opinions though isn't it. A racist, homophobe, tax cheating hater occupies the WH. Blacks and others have suffered.

Incredible that someone 3,000 miles can warm to a racist. Where's your conscience?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I didn't think you did to be fair. Am less certain about Mr Biggums though.

I campaigned for Corbyn here in the UK, so I do know something about swimming against the tide of general opinion.

Not quite sure campaigning for a (former) leader of one of the two major UK parties count as a minority view. Perhaps technically, but not with a large margin.

My lazy minority view re: America:

Significant business interests - banks, the energy industry and the arms industry - wanted a (privately owned) central bank in the United States, since it would allow them to have significant influence over the American society. After a lot of fuss, they got their way, but soon enough the bank got too powerful and some politicians wanted it gone, and eventually they got their way, in what is known as the Bank War.

These significant business interests did not perish however and decided to change their strategy. Instead of pushing it in broad daylight, they knew they had to secretly recruit some politicians, buy some media companies and get rid of some people opposing their ideas. In 1913 they got their way, with the Federal Reserve Act.

The first thirty years or so was a struggle. They had significant opposition to their power grab. As Seldes wrote in 1943:

"The real Fascists of America are never named in the commercial press. It will not even hint at the fact that there are many powerful elements working against a greater democracy, against an America without discrimination based on race, color and creed, an America where never again will one third of the people be without sufficient food, clothing and shelter, where never again will there be 12,000,000 unemployed and many more millions working for semi-starvation wages while the DuPont, Ford, Hearst, Mellon and Rockefeller Empires move into the billions of dollars."

Eventually, the "significant business interests", as I call them, would find ways to get more power. In 1942 Roosevelt created the Office of Strategic Services, giving them the almost infinite power of covert action. The OSS recruited so many people from these significant business interests that people jokingly said it stood for "oh, so social!".

This was the beginning of the CIA - the powerful organisation guarding the interests of the big business. They were never run by the people or run by the people that people believe they elected. Never. They werent even classy enough to oppose the nazis: a lot of American agencies were hunting nazis all over the world when the war was over. The intelligence community, however, smuggled them into America to work for them - the most notable one being Reinhard Gehlen.

The National Security Act of 1947 allowed CIA to operate without democratic or congressional oversight. A giant loophole, and I think even the most naive could understand the level of power it gave them.

As for the subject of this thread - elections - it took them only a year to fix their first one, the 1948 Italian election. They bought votes, broadcasted propaganda, beat up leaders and leading voices from the opposition and infiltrated the Italian leftist organisations. It worked. The Italians abandonded their post-war leftist views, and elected a government more friendly towards American business interests.

Since then, we know from previously secret documents that the CIA rigged elections or state coups in over 50 countries - all with one thing in common: friendly towards American big business.

You might think, "sure... but they would never on home soil!"

Oh they would. We know, from the days when media was less concentrated to a few actors and would actually reveal atrocities, that the CIA used to own what they called "media assets" - thousands of journalists and multiple media companies. We know through Watergate that they are heavily influential in the US government, likely whoever runs it, while the US government have very little influence over the CIA (and the significant business interests that run the CIA).

Of course, anytime they get caught with their pants down - like owning media assets they really have no business owning - they say: "Errr... sure. But we dont do that anymore". Of course, you can believe them, but I dont recommend it. In example: the deal CIA signed with Bezos over Amazon could perhaps in the best of worlds be limited to just Amazon, but if you know their history, it is not very far-fetched too believe that they would percieve the Washington Post (or rather parts of it) as quite useful.

My polticial perspective that big business run the US through the CIA might be tin-foily, it might even be wrong, but I certainly wouldnt call it lazy or "easy". It takes a lot more reading and thinking to understand the power they have than it takes to understand that Donald Trump is some moronic orange clown.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Trump rallies ongoing with automatic weapons and Crucifixes :lol:

.. and people on NSC trying to say Biden is looked on as a 'savior', and such phrases as 'holy Joe'. ****ing hilarious. Don't think I've enjoyed an American election more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here