• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a thought whilst watching CNN, if Trump’s finances are as precarious as we are led to believe, and with the Republican Party beginning to distance themselves from him, will he ultimately end up forced into a corner when he simply can’t afford to keep any legal challenge going?

Personal and company finances - another bailout from his fascist mates in Russia?

These legal cases - will be funded by his political donors. But you’re right, across multiple states, lawyers are going to make fortunes.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
For those on here that are overly vocal on what is best for my second new home, without ever living here...do one.

When your country sees themselves as the 'Leaders of the democratic world' and the 'worlds policeman, when they interfere in the domestic politics all across central & souther n America and the Caribbean, when they leave countries like Iraq in tatters you may forgive people for having an opinion on which particular mentalists they choose to elect?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Blue senate is still possible if not likely.

There's 2 senate seats in Georgia, if you get less than 50% of total it goes to a run off in January.

One was easily under that with 3rd party candidates. The other had the republican on exactly 50% the dem a bit lower, because of the postal votes dem has just dropped the republican to 49.9% that is a run off.

2 months to plough all resources into that campaign.

If Dems could win them both that would tie the senate, with VP then holding casting deciding vote in any senate ties.

That would give the Dems effective senate control. Though it's a long shot to win both Georgia seats, but they'll go all out I'm sure.

We are all aware of this, as it clearly spelled out above. The point being the closest comparison over here. Everyone whines and gripes that BoJo can do what he wants with a large majority.

They were happier when he had to beg, steal & borrow whilst in a coalition govt.

Not the same I concur, but if blue have ability to run roughshod then it ain't good for democracy, unless it is when it suits.

Looks like a January play-off

geo.JPG

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
starting to get a bit concerned that this red wave leading to a Trump landslide isn't going to happen

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
thats a really good point. if anyone has seen the ballots in US, they have congress, local elections and laws being voted on. a college told me they get a practice ballot sent out so you can work out all the options you want to vote on in advance.

one report last night was highlighting the "split ballot" in particular counties were high, voting Biden on president but Republican on senate/representative votes.

And this – surely – should be the factor that motivates Mitch McConnell and the like to finally tell Trump enough is enough.

Because if they back him on his argument – that these Biden votes are frauds – then that means the accompanying on the same ballot paper pro-Republican votes for the Senate and Congress are also frauds.

Which means they'd be signing up to losing control of the Senate in order to keep Trump in the White House. And I'm sure McConnell would rather choose the opposite: keep (potentially) the Senate matters more to the party than having a fat orange buffoon tweeting rubbish from his bed while eating cheeseburgers and watching Fox & Friends.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When your country sees themselves as the 'Leaders of the democratic world' and the 'worlds policeman, when they interfere in the domestic politics all across central & souther n America and the Caribbean, when they leave countries like Iraq in tatters you may forgive people for having an opinion on which particular mentalists they choose to elect?

Especially when our elected leaders so often choose to follow the lead of the USA. Unfortunately for us in the UK and Australia, the outcome of this election means way more to us that it should.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I thought the polls suggested a BIDEN landslide.

I'm confused now.

Too many landslides.

polls suggested a Biden win (once you averaged them out)

he'll win both the popular vote and the electorial college vote
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] was on here daily boasting about the incoming red wave and trump landslide...I'm just taking the piss out of him to be honest

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Incredible how everyone on Facebook has a "friend" who knows things :lolol:

And this does appear to confirm that the Trump camp are thick as mince as they've spelled "right wing shill" as "political analyst".

Exactly and this is a 100% true. My friend, who has a PhD in political analysis, says Trump is an Orange bungle****.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Georgia now down to 463 votes according to the NYT.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Definitely this. With 400m firearms and growing (this year 17m), he’s inciting violence if he loses. Abusing his office, all about his ego, everyone knew that he simply hates being a loser.

If any officials, counters or reporters are hurt by a Tim McVeigh type in the coming year, he caused it.

Yes, this. His whole shtick is that he's a winner, and he's done all he can to ensure that he appears like, is presented as, is understood as a winner. But his business record has been covered up, and what lies behind tells a different story. He's a loser, and it's delightful watching it play out on screen. Our only hope is that the militias/far-right terrorists don't act out on his intimations.

I will differ on your causal analysis however. Undoubtedly discourse has material effects but, ultimately, you perpetrate the acts you refer to, you're leading down a dangerous track if you hold someone else as causing it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Democracy is overrated. The USA have a dictatorship, the President is intentionally trying to dismantle the democratic process supported by his following of armed nut jobs, to save his own skin.

It's quite ironic that the fat oaf and his cronies like Pompeo have been crapping on China over the rule of law and undemocratic processes, when they are trying to do the same.

Democracy is great.
The US has certain of its features, but veers more towards an oligarchy.
The UK looks up to the US.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here