Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Get the distinct feeling that the Republican Party and its media outlets are finally starting to distance themselves from the deranged orange clown

Not what CNN have just said, Fox have been told not to call Biden President Elect even if their own decision desk call PA.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But that investigation was well after the event. We’re only 3 days from the event this time. How can we discard it so early? Again playing DA

Don't think anyone can ever discard the impact of fraud or foul play at an election.

BUT, you can only give appropriate regard to it if there is sufficient evidence to support it, otherwise you're just undermining democracy based on no evidence. So far we know Trump has submitted numerous files, suits and legal challenges in a variety of courts. All we can do is find out if the judiciary agrees something is amiss.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Likely final count 302 - 232.

In football terms I'd say it's like a 3-1 win where the away team went 0-1 up early doors and gave the home team a bit of a scare in the first half.

Whilst closer than hoped it's looking relatively comfortable(ishhhh) in the end and with the Senate still in play, it could be the clean sweep.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry to upset your cosy little echo chamber but you even you must admit it makes it much more interesting when it is challeneged?

Don't worry I won't call anyone a prick again.

The only thing that appears to be challenged is your grasp of the English language.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't think anyone can ever discard the impact of fraud or foul play at an election.

BUT, you can only give appropriate regard to it if there is sufficient evidence to support it, otherwise you're just undermining democracy based on no evidence. So far we know Trump has submitted numerous files, suits and legal challenges in a variety of courts. All we can do is find out if the judiciary agrees something is amiss.

And even if there is, that doesn't invalidate the ENTIRE election. Surely they'd just recount the votes in that one state?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watching CNN for the past hour or so as Biden reaches (not as yet) the 270 mark.
They are ripping in to Fox News who are a Trump station.
Apparently all Fox employees have been told NOT to call Biden President Elect even when he passes the 270 mark.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

In football terms I'd say it's like a 3-1 win where the away team went 0-1 up early doors and gave the home team a bit of a scare in the first half.

Whilst closer than hoped it's looking relatively comfortable(ishhhh) in the end and with the Senate still in play, it could be the clean sweep.

4 goals in extra time though!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It Trump won 302 - 232 by narrow wins in swing states, that wouldn’t temper a huge party from Republicans.

Lovely times.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The only thing I worry about with that is the Civil Unrest he could create and the cost of that might end up being the lives of a lot of people if his supporters take up arms ond go on some sort of rampge. It only takes one idiot to cause carnage somewhere.

Absolutely. I was reading some of the comments on a New York Times article and seems quite a lot of people are concerned he will pursue a scorched earth policy. So will certainly not go quietly, and will not participate in a smooth transfer of power to Biden. He could basically give a free hand to some of his more unhinged supporters to create mayhem. The next few months could be very rough with a worst case scenario for a bunch of religious loonies armed with AR 57s running amok. This really is uncharted waters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Get the distinct feeling that the Republican Party and its media outlets are finally starting to distance themselves from the deranged orange clown

Yep, just reporting the counts now rather than offering opinion.
It’s a fantastic lesson in human behaviour.
One day you’re riding high on the shoulders of you’re admirers. The next....

I really don’t think we’ll see any trouble after he goes. They’ll drop him like a bad habit. Americans can’t abide a loser. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely. I was reading some of the comments on a New York Times article and seems quite a lot of people are concerned he will pursue a scorched earth policy. So will certainly not go quietly, and will not participate in a smooth transfer of power to Biden. He could basically give a free hand to some of his more unhinged supporters to create mayhem. The next few months could be very rough with a worst case scenario for a bunch of religious loonies armed with AR 57s running amok. This really is uncharted waters.

Then it would have to come down to McConnell invoking the 25th, if it became apparent that Trump was going to do further damage to the GOP?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry its been a long week, what's the 25th please?

The 25th Amendment - Effectively removing Trump and putting Pence in charge for the rest of the lame duck scenario - based on Trump not being fit to govern (if he continues trying to incite violence etc).

Would be best for absolutely everyone involved.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1324729485141385216[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here