Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sure, but on this occassion, a Biden win is clear when it's clear. A Trump win is clear only when every vote has been counted (and even then, is it clear? what really happened, etc).

Basically the same position as Trump has been accused of, and condemned for taking. Like I said, it's Trump vs the media in this election and they are as bad as each other.

Hey there's always the Murdoch channel, without there would be no Trump. There is money in the development of fascism

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Biden to win, and I suspect it will by enough of a margin to quell any serious (as opposed to manufactured) outrage.

Trump plays well with his base, but he has done nothing to reach out to those who 'gave him a go' in 2016 as an alternative to politics as usual and a very unpopular Hilary Clinton.

Trump's electoral college win relied on wafer thin victories in swing states and I can at the very least see him losing the point or two to make retaining all of those very difficult. I did the Guardian ready reckoner and gave Trump Florida, Texas, Georgia, Ohio and North Carolina but Biden Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Arizona, Biden still won comfortably.

Whilst I am very wary of the GOPs blatantly anti-democratic efforts to suppress and challenge the vote I'm not sure it will be close enough for them to reward those efforts.

My heart is very anxious about this election, but head is calmer.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hey there's always the Murdoch channel, without there would be no Trump. There is money in the development of fascism

Fascism is a collectivist ideology (the practice or principle of giving a group priority over each individual in it).

Trump is a pretty strong individualist (as is the U.S. Constitution).

Today's left are fiercely collectivist, the right are fiercely individualist. Technically the left have more in common with fascism than Trump or the right does. Sorry.

Trump has his faults, there are many, but he's not a fascist.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Footballers generally stay out of politics so it was disappointing to see Craig Mackail Smith cheereleading for Trump on Twitter. The orange baboon doesn't have much support in the UK - even among Conservatives - so our favourite golden retriever is out on a limb there

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fascism is a collectivist ideology (the practice or principle of giving a group priority over each individual in it).

Today's left are fiercely collectivist, the right are fiercely individualist. Technically the left have more in common with fascism than Trump or the right does. Sorry.

It must be exhausting being you.

So totally wrong about everything but so desperate to correct everyone else.... when they're right.

It's like something that someone would be sent to Hell to do forever. You must have really pissed God off at some point.

Forced to eternally make yourself look stupid on the internet in posts of more than 50 words.

Sysiphus in "writing on a forum" form.

I feel your pain. If only you were allowed to stop. Everyone would be happy.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

So totally wrong about everything but so desperate to correct everyone else.... when they're right.

It's like something that someone would be sent to Hell to do forever. You must have really pissed God off at some point.

Forced to eternally make yourself look stupid on the internet in posts of more than 50 words.

Are you Ok, you seem to be taking a pop at a few today?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Fascism is a collectivist ideology. That's just a fact. Trump is an individualist. Also a fact.

No need to go after me just for pointing those two facts out. Sorry if I upset you.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Oh my god he's actually pulled out the "it's the left who are the true fascists" line. / facepalm.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Oh my god he's actually pulled out the "it's the left who are the true fascists" line. / facepalm.

Actually I said they "have more in common with", since both are collectivists.

I didn't say "are true".

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fascism is a collectivist ideology. That's just a fact. Trump is an individualist. Also a fact.

No need to go after me just for pointing those two facts out. Sorry if I upset you.
You don't upset me. I feel sorry for you.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Here is your "voter intimidation" being prevented in Philly.

Looks like inteference with certified election observers to me, but what do I know.

[tweet]1323615834455994373[/tweet]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

And Brighton play in red and blue stripes, and Crystal Palace are nicknamed 'The Seagulls'.

Jesus wept, you're making this fantasy up as you go along, Karen. Textbook gaslighting.

You've posted your fabrication several times, and it doesn't make any more sense now than the first time. There isn't anything you can say from here on in that has any basis in reality on this. I mean, it's up to you, but your Year 9 politics is pretty tedious, and doesn't mean anything.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not quite sure why everyone keeps going on about Biden's age – he's only got three years on Trumpo who, himself, has shown he is more than capable of getting words muddled up, struggle to drink a glass of water with one hand and takes more care than you would think going down a ramp.

I find Trump SO tedious and he's like a real-life troll who cannot help but say outrageous things without a) really meaning them and b) often, understanding them. I don't believe a word he says and part of me thinks (a bit like Johnson) that getting the top job was way more important than actually DOING the job. He's the master of saying a lot of words without actually saying anything and deflecting any sort of criticism or questioning of his actions. His handling and communications over covid has done big damage to him, I think. He freely admitted a while back that without the pandemic the election was 'in the bag' – now he's doing as many rallies as possible begging people to like him and vote for him. Such an odd bloke.

Having said all that, part of me still expects him to win. I hope I'm wrong, but you never know.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And Brighton play in red and blue stripes, and Crystal Palace are nicknamed 'The Seagulls'.

Jesus wept, you're making this fantasy up as you go along, Karen. Textbook gaslighting.
He is 100% Karen. Amazed he hasn't asked to speak to "a manager" yet.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Did actually say Trump was a full blown fascist, more of a crypto-fascist combined with a toxic form of populism.

Would you vote for him if you could?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Fasicsm is a collectivist ideology, the individual is subordinate to the collective (the state, society etc). Trump is an individualist, that is widely understood and accepted. So he may be many things, but a fascist he isn't. Again, I'm sorry, I was just correcting someones mistaken statement that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here