Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
HST on Biden:

Joe Biden is gone now — or at least gone from the ’88 presidential campaign — and we are all a bit poorer for it. He was a player, and we need those people in politics. they are the ones who have defined us to ourselves as a nation of leapers and dreamers and risk-takers, an awesome world of power with a lover’ sense of adventure.
If Ben Franklin and Tom Jefferson had been nickled and dimed to death by lawyers and bimbos and preachers, we might be still some kind of rich and stolid British colony like Canada — or just another continuous new-world experiment in mutated democratic gigantism like Brazil. Ben’s lechery made even the French nervous, and Jefferson was known to have an overweening affection for his slaves. But the French are still our allies, and the Louisiana Purchase still looks like a good investment.
If “the business of America is business,” like Calvin Coolidge said, then Franklin and Jefferson qualify as good Americans.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I thought his speech was refreshingly good. Just what we need at the moment.

Not as exciting and outrageous as we have grown used to.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Trump is too much of a coward to get involved in a major overseas conflict.

He picks weaker targets that he and his cult following can attack:
  • Asylum seekers from the middle-east (closing borders to muslims fleeing their countries)
  • Mexican children (cage-gate)
  • Desperate people from central-America fleeing their tyrannical government ('these people from shithole countries')
  • Women (vicious attacks and law-suits against Stormy Daniels and the over a dozen allegations of sexual assault - pending)
  • Equal-rights protestors (calling BLM a 'symbol of hate' and possibly encouraging his armed far-right loonie cult-followers)
  • Military (losers and suckers / John McCain a loser etc)
  • Disabled people (we've all seen the video)
  • Native American's (repeated Pocahontas comments)

Etc, etc.

hE dIdN't StArT a WaR tHo :shootself

Grow up.

And even then https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/1/29/record-7423-us-bombs-dropped-in-afghanistan-in-2019-report

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This is INSANE :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Oh my lord. FOUR SEASONS TOTAL LANDSCAPING.

[TWEET]1325107955835035650[/TWEET]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agreed, he kinda repeated what he said last time, twice !!
Harris’s speech was far better and a future president in the making very impressed.

I'm glad Biden is there, but neither can I see him going more than one term.

Harris is intriguing though. Future presidential material, seemingly.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
CNN reporting two sources as saying Kushner has approached Trump about conceding.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I've seen quite a lot of those utter CHUMPS, Trump's older sons, gibbering on on TV/Social media. They haven't really featured much as far as I've noticed in the last 4 years. On the other hand I haven't seen anything of Ivanka this last week, happy to be corrected, yet she has been very prominent the last 4 years. I guess she has more than the one brain cell her brothers share every other day and is keeping her distance a bit, while they gurn into any available camera/microphone/social media account.

edit: I thought I'd have a look at Ivanka's twitter feed to see what she's up to and saw this :lolol:

[tweet]1324832398035636225[/tweet]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some Republicans querying why the map is so red and everyone is denying the 'red wave'.

It's very difficult explaining that It's only a red wave if cows, sheep and coyotes can vote. There's not much out there in those middle bits.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is INSANE :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Oh my lord. FOUR SEASONS TOTAL LANDSCAPING.

[TWEET]1325107955835035650[/TWEET]

This is brilliant. By the time they realised they couldn’t call it off, so did it anyway!

Armando Iannucci eat your heart out when reality outstrips satire!!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What would you do without me? I make your warden job so much more worthwhile. I even get your disclaimers added to my posts now :lolol:

I will take this as a compliment and I shall look forward to this addition on every post I make.

Anyway in all seriousness, do you really believe that in a so called democratic election, that if more or less half the voting public, say 70 million, will ever accept the result without a full investigation of possible corruption in the voting system and unite under Biden? He is calling for the country to unite isn't he?

If the evidence of corruption is as weak as claimed he would be much better off allowing it. Then, if it does turn out that it was fair, the people who are feeling cheated now would be more likely to stand united with each other and there be calm.

Without any investigation there will be a dark cloud over his presidency and it won't just be at home in the US.

Any reasonable person should be able to understand this because at least in the last election we know that it was 100% fair. Even the Democrats had no complaints about the vote count.

Biden allowing an investigation would make him look so much the better person, and even people like me with all the expletives you and others would like to add on with the name calling, would have no reason to be suspiscious. If it was the reverse in the last election and Trump denied any investigation I would feel exactly the same way because I am not that prescious.

Take this as you will. I won't be offended by any sarcasm or sillyness in your reply, but you know that what I have explained makes sense. This is all about integrity and nothing personal.

Some or all of the content shared in this post is disputed and might be misleading about an election or other civic process.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes, not uncommon either. From memory the elections are staggered as well so in 2 years there will be mid-term elections for either Congress or the Senate, or both, I can't remember exactly.

Democrats have controlled Congress for the last 2 years from memory as well.

Congress is made up of the House of Representatives and the Senate (it is obviously a different system to the UK, but you might think of it being similar to Parliament being comprised of the House of Commons and the Lords).

The 435 members of the House of Representatives serve only a two-year term, so they have to stand for re-election every two years (elections are always in even years). However, the 100 Senators serve a six-year term, so a third of the seats are up for election every two years.

In summary:

At the general election last week, voters selected a President, all the House and one third of the Senate.
In two years time they will select all the House and (a different) third of the Senate.
In 2024, voters will select a President, all the House and the final third of the Senate.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What like the fact that he has not taken us into any regime changing wars in the Middle East? I've told you before about millions of innocent deaths and the devastation caused, the rise of ISIS before but this doesn't sink in does it.

There is no blood on Trumps hands? This gibberish? Okay mate ???

He didn't start a war through luck rather than good judgement. He very nearly started one with Iran but thankfully they had the good sense to back down.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Are you concerned that in a democratic election if 70 million want an investigation that is refused, that it can still be called a democratic election? If it really was fair Biden would have more to gain if it was proved fair.

The President claimed massive fraud took place in the 2016 election. The one he claimed he won in a massive landslide.

If you remember even after he won (big) he claimed illegal immigrants and foreigners were being bused into areas to vote illegally.

He set up and funded at great costs a Commission on Electoral Fraud. It was disbanded after two years after it found no evidence. In fact the Republicans in the senate started to refuse to fund it.

Why has the President not mentioned this. He can only get elected and hold power of he suppressed the votes.

All the things he is attacking now were put in play by Republican run states and Republican funded law suits.

As one Mayor said he needs to put on some Big Boy Pants and grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Deeply forgettable speech but excellent playlist. It's like being at The Haunt for 80s night, with an added Coldplay song chucked in so everyone gets four minutes to go to the bar/for a piss.

If Trump had won he would have had to sing himself because every Artist had banned him from using their music.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Trump supporters, while perpetuating a lie about millions of mail 'ballots' being sent out , especially whilst wearing 'Make Liberals cry again' T-Shirts has been very entertaining.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Trump supporters, while perpetuating a lie about millions of mail 'ballots' being sent out , especially whilst wearing 'Make Liberals cry again' T-Shirts has been very entertaining.

As have the armed twats. Is there anything more pathetic than posing with automatic weapons, face covered, acting as if you are some defender of the free world, when in fact the chances of being shot is almost non existent because there are no other twats out carrying guns. Wankers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've seen quite a lot of those utter CHUMPS, Trump's older sons, gibbering on on TV/Social media. They haven't really featured much as far as I've noticed in the last 4 years. On the other hand I haven't seen anything of Ivanka this last week, happy to be corrected, yet she has been very prominent the last 4 years. I guess she has more than the one brain cell her brothers share every other day and is keeping her distance a bit, while they gurn into any available camera/microphone/social media account.

edit: I thought I'd have a look at Ivanka's twitter feed to see what she's up to and saw this :lolol:

[tweet]1324832398035636225[/tweet]

Nice one

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As have the armed twats. Is there anything more pathetic than posing with automatic weapons, face covered, acting as if you are some defender of the free world, when in fact the chances of being shot is almost non existent because there are no other twats out carrying guns. Wankers.

Only trouble is the eejuts are likely to use them.
It would be refreshing if a president had the balls to ban guns

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-08 at 10.55.52.jpeg

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Only trouble is the eejuts are likely to use them.
It would be refreshing if a president had the balls to ban guns

Nah, they quite frankly haven’t got the balls to do it. It’s all well and good living in a fantasy land of the Wild West but when push comes to shove they don’t want to go to prison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here