• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does the Republican party have the power to accept the result or is that purely Trump's call.

The commentary seems to suggest that Trump is unwilling/unable to concede defeat. Could this end on some sort of stalemate?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

No it ends on 20.01.21 when Trump is no longer President.

Trump can be removed from office earlier if he is deemed unfit to lead.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There doesn't need to be an investigation because Trump has already indicated he will be taking the matter further. To do so, he can't just allege voter fraud, he'll need to present evidence to that effect and it will be up to the court it is presented to to determine the veracity of that evidence. If they think it's a load of crap then they don't take the matter further.

As for validating the result, there will always be a proportion of Trump voters (hopefully a very small proportion) that would never accept the result was legitimate irrespective of the number of court cases, investigations etc etc.

A Democrat leaning court can turn anything away and prevent a full disclosure of the actual ballots which is where the strongest evidence will be. That evidence is sacked in boxes locked away and that is what they will want acces to. Refusing this access isn't helpful.

Not a proportion of Trump voters, 70 million of them will not be changing their minds until they are satisfied that a full investigation has taken place.

As of yet much of the evidence the Trump camp claim to have to get the ball rolling will not be disclosed to the public yet and he would be really stupid if he didn't think he had a case.

The most honest solution is to give full access to the ballots without having to beg for it. If there is nothing to see there should not be an issue. Democratic courts not allowing access only raises suspicion not dampen it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting, thank you. Looks like I have more to learn about the US system.

So am I right in thinking that the president is closer in role to the head of state, or governor general..... With more power and prestige I would guess.

yes it is head of state. he has role of commander in chief which has given the US a very large international influence over recent decades, but actually back at home the president is not as powerful as commonly supposed. they cant put anything into law directly, all legislation goes through congress (much like PM here cant do much without parliament). they do have a joker, presidential executive orders, they can issue in hope get implemented without court or congress challenging them. there is a tit-for-tat cancelling of them by following presidents though, and anything requiring substantial funding has to pick the pocket of a government budget.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Either way, when he gets in he should start an investigation. He can promise that now and encourage the courts to do so before he enters office

if the US want to be seen as democratic they should allow a full investigation otherwise his presidency will have a dark cloud over it. It's not a good look.

There is no getting around it whether indtigated by the courts or by him. Really depends if he really wants to unite the country or not.

No not "either way", how can Biden block an investigation ? Why should he need to "encourage the courts" if fraud has taken place ?

"Dark Cloud" to who ? You ?

These really are bonkers ramblings.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A Democrat leaning court can turn anything away and prevent a full disclosure of the actual ballots which is where the strongest evidence will be. That evidence is sacked in boxes locked away and that is what they will want acces to. Refusing this access isn't helpful.

Not a proportion of Trump voters, 70 million of them will not be changing their minds until they are satisfied that a full investigation has taken place.

As of yet much of the evidence the Trump camp claim to have to get the ball rolling will not be disclosed to the public yet and he would be really stupid if he didn't think he had a case.

The most honest solution is to give full access to the ballots without having to beg for it. If there is nothing to see there should not be an issue. Democratic courts not allowing access only raises suspicion not dampen it.

You really are a conspiracy nut. The stuff you come out with is uninformed nonsense.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder what the consequences will be if Joe Biden fails* miserably. Would it have some kind of psychological effect on the yanks, opening the doors for a worse Trump-esque character in the next election?

* I'm a conspiracy theorist and dont believe that presidents are anything more than marionettes, but I like playing with the thought.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

The trouble here is at that most of them still wouldn't believe even after an investigation has been done.

Not that one is needed.

He lost.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder what the consequences will be if Joe Biden fails* miserably. Would it have some kind of psychological effect on the yanks, opening the doors for a worse Trump-esque character in the next election?

* I'm a conspiracy theorist and dont believe that presidents are anything more than marionettes, but I like playing with the thought.

Biden just has to take a "do no harm" approach and he should be okay. There are more Trump-like characters out there though. The world must always be vigilant. Biden could mess it all up like anyone could.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Either way, when he gets in he should start an investigation. He can promise that now and encourage the courts to do so before he enters office

if the US want to be seen as democratic they should allow a full investigation otherwise his presidency will have a dark cloud over it. It's not a good look.

There is no getting around it whether indtigated by the courts or by him. Really depends if he really wants to unite the country or not.
If there's no evidence - Trumpo and his team are struggling to find anything, even though they've said votes was DEFINITELY rigged - then what is being investigated?

You think he would encourage an investigation, if the roles were reversed? No, he'd call it fake news and go on about how everyone on the other side is corrupt or mean.

He's a tedious troll and his latest BS is tiresome. His admit defeat and bugger off, FFS!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Biden just has to take a "do no harm" approach and he should be okay. There are more Trump-like characters out there though. The world must always be vigilant. Biden could mess it all up like anyone could.

Maybe. I think a lot of people will expect more than the "do no harm" stuff though. Some of the issues heavily connected to Trump, like the police brutality stuff, is not a problem that began with him but many many decades ago. I doubt Biden will be able to magically solve it somehow, but I believe a lot of people might expect him to.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe. I think a lot of people will expect more than the "do no harm" stuff though. Some of the issues heavily connected to Trump, like the police brutality stuff, is not a problem that began with him but many many decades ago. I doubt Biden will be able to magically solve it somehow, but I believe a lot of people might expect him to.

You make a good point. All the US problems aren't solved with Trump going. It's going to be an interesting few years.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

From speaking to a few American based friends, the notion that 'all is well' definitely isn't the case, but the fact that that a clearly divisive figure has been removed will at least open up the opportunity for progression is a bonus. As has been said before - the work has only just begun; its up to the republicans if they want to act like immature, petulant children or work with Biden to make real change, or keep the country back by blocking everything.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just a gentle reminder for the right-whingers.

• Trump encouraged his supporters to commit fraud, by voting both by mail AND in person (multiple times).
  • Trump ordered post-boxes to be removed in the build up to the election (because he knows fair well, most postal votes are democrat votes).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No not "either way", how can Biden block an investigation ? Why should he need to "encourage the courts" if fraud has taken place ?

"Dark Cloud" to who ? You ?

These really are bonkers ramblings.

Biden doesn't have to block it directly, it can be blocked for him. He needs to assure the American people that the voting system works and is fail safe from corruption that's why. I have explained this earlier.

Why paper votes and not digital in this day and age? Postal votes are open to corruption and this cannot be denied. Whether there may be organised corruption from the top down or individual it doesn't matter.

I explained the dark cloud earlier and I am not going to repeat myself.

We shall see how bonkers it is and I have given this thread all it needs. The story is in the future and we can come back to this later.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

:lol: wtf are you on about. Christ :smokin:

Edit: just seen your post just above mine. Dear oh dear man, what have you been reading/watching?!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Biden doesn't have to block it directly, it can be blocked for him. He needs to assure the American people that the voting system works and is fail safe from corruption that's why. I have explained this earlier.

Why paper votes and not digital in this day and age? Postal votes are open to corruption and this cannot be denied. Whether there may be organised corruption from the top down or individual it doesn't matter.

I explained the dark cloud earlier and I am not going to repeat myself.

We shall see how bonkers it is and I have given this thread all it needs. The story is in the future and we can come back to this later.

You really have bought into Trump's bullshit hook, line, and sinker. Utter gibberish. If Trump believes fraud has been committed he can try and prove his case. The onus is not on Biden. And nor should he waste his time pandering to Trump's inflated ego.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

People often ignore or don't know that where George Floyd was killed, in Minneapolis, is a Democrat led city for over 40 years. The Chief of Police is a Democrat, the Mayor, Governor and Attorney General are Democrats too. George Floyd's death happened under the Democratic authority and at the hands of their police.

But let's not use facts on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here