• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Either way, when he gets in he should start an investigation. He can promise that now and encourage the courts to do so before he enters office

if the US want to be seen as democratic they should allow a full investigation otherwise his presidency will have a dark cloud over it. It's not a good look.

There is no getting around it whether indtigated by the courts or by him. Really depends if he really wants to unite the country or not.

What a load of nonsense.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
"There is a great, and massively, postal voting fraud"
"We'd better investigate that, what evidence do you have?"
"They say it's fraudulent"
"Who do?"
"Them, I saw it on YouTube"
"Right, and the evidence..?"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the process had started. Trump has had allegations of voter fraud thrown out of court via his lawyers hasn't he?

The only reason there would need to be an investigation into the election would surely be if there were some compelling evidence of wrong doing.

Not just because the incumbent cannot accept defeat and his followers blindly follow his lead.

Trump has avenues to explore to contest the election and only time will tell how that plays out. He'll have to provide some evidence though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

He'll also have to stump up $3m to pay for the Wisconsin recount.

(narrators voice) Donald Trump is yet to make any payment.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What would you do without me? I make your warden job so much more worthwhile. I even get your disclaimers added to my posts now :lolol:

I will take this as a compliment and I shall look forward to this addition on every post I make.

Anyway in all seriousness, do you really believe that in a so called democratic election, that if more or less half the voting public, say 70 million, will ever accept the result without a full investigation of possible corruption in the voting system and unite under Biden? He is calling for the country to unite isn't he?

If the evidence of corruption is as weak as claimed he would be much better off allowing it. Then, if it does turn out that it was fair, the people who are feeling cheated now would be more likely to stand united with each other and there be calm.

Without any investigation there will be a dark cloud over his presidency and it won't just be at home in the US.

Any reasonable person should be able to understand this because at least in the last election we know that it was 100% fair. Even the Democrats had no complaints about the vote count.

Biden allowing an investigation would make him look so much the better person, and even people like me with all the expletives you and others would like to add on with the name calling, would have no reason to be suspiscious. If it was the reverse in the last election and Trump denied any investigation I would feel exactly the same way because I am not that prescious.

Take this as you will. I won't be offended by any sarcasm or sillyness in your reply, but you know that what I have explained makes sense. This is all about integrity and nothing personal.

There doesn't need to be an investigation because Trump has already indicated he will be taking the matter further. To do so, he can't just allege voter fraud, he'll need to present evidence to that effect and it will be up to the court it is presented to to determine the veracity of that evidence. If they think it's a load of crap then they don't take the matter further.

As for validating the result, there will always be a proportion of Trump voters (hopefully a very small proportion) that would never accept the result was legitimate irrespective of the number of court cases, investigations etc etc.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
General US system question here.

Is it possible to have a Red president and blue majority in the house of representatives? (Or vice versa obviously).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Is it possible to have a Red president and blue majority in the house of representatives? (Or vice versa obviously).

Yes, in fact that's been the case for the last four years.

The elections for the House, Senate and Presidency are all seperate, none of them has any direct impact on what happens in the other two.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If I was the Republicans I would just accept the result and get Biden into office.

Then they can better use their time and resources to start preparing to push for impeachment of Biden which some had indicated was a thing.

That's the most interesting thing going forward.

Will it go back to normal now there's an industrial complex puppet in the White House that can feather both sides pockets or will they actually follow through in trying to weed out Biden's past.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

Yes, not uncommon either. From memory the elections are staggered as well so in 2 years there will be mid-term elections for either Congress or the Senate, or both, I can't remember exactly.

Democrats have controlled Congress for the last 2 years from memory as well.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

yes, the presidential vote is seperate from the Congress votes, although some of congress is voted for at the same time. You could have a complete blue senate and house of representatives and a red president or vice versa

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, in fact that's been the case for the last four years.

The elections for the House, Senate and Presidency are all seperate, none of them has any direct impact on what happens in the other two.
Interesting, thank you. Looks like I have more to learn about the US system.

So am I right in thinking that the president is closer in role to the head of state, or governor general..... With more power and prestige I would guess.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If I was the Republicans I would just accept the result and get Biden into office.

Then they can better use their time and resources to start preparing to push for impeachment of Biden which some had indicated was a thing.

Will it go back to normal now there's an industrial complex puppet in the White House that can feather both sides pockets or will they actually follow through in trying to weed out Biden's past.
Does the Republican party have the power to accept the result or is that purely Trump's call.

The commentary seems to suggest that Trump is unwilling/unable to concede defeat. Could this end on some sort of stalemate?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

1. They can't impeach unless they control both houses, they don't. As the Democrats found with Trump.
2. Is this the way it works now, every time a President doesn't control both houses they're going to impeach him?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t think we are going to see half as much fuss about the result from Trump, once the dust settles. I’m more concerned what damage he’ll do in the Whitehouse before Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here