Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 December 21 (end of Mayan calender) what do you think will happen?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
We all have faith in something positive, and it's not necssarily in your belief system.

Go on then explain? whats positive to you? and please dont let it be another one of your typical 'not listening to Falmer' comments. Because to be honest the only positive effect I could imagine you having on someone would be HIV. so go on mr Holy, preach to me baby.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Go on then explain? whats positive to you? and please dont let it be another one of your typical 'not listening to Falmer' comments. Because to be honest the only positive effect I could imagine you having on someone would be HIV. so go on mr Holy, preach to me baby.

With a hate-filled post like that, do you really think I'm going to justify to you what makes me happy? My happiness - where it comes from, what form it takes and how it affects me - is my concern, and none of your business.

Suffice to say it isn't ever going to happen on the back of you bullying me into buying into your blinkered belief system.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
God for Prime Minister.....oops! forgot,the two things that should not be discussed ....religion and politics....we all have different gods...as the great comedian Dave Allen used to say...."May YOUR god go with you"!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Personally how I see it, we're reaching the end of time as we know it. We'll be entering a new era where Human will have to learn to create some sort of utopia in order to maintain a civil society. For this to happen we'll have to experience collapses in Governments and Banks, a divide in the classes, a failure in education, crippling mental health and realisation of how the world has been unfairly controlled. I seriously believe the riots in London were indications of whats to come more than whats happening now. But if you read Nostradamus 2012 prediction, he's got it down as 'the world will end as we know it', this isn't a doomsday prediction but more a spiritual changing within the living creatures of this earth to finally realise it is all ours to share because there's enough resource and technology for every one of us to live like kings if we all accepted we are all one.

But hey thats just my opinion, what do you think?
I think there will be an opening for new Mayan calender makers!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
With a hate-filled post like that, do you really think I'm going to justify to you what makes me happy? My happiness - where it comes from, what form it takes and how it affects me - is my concern, and none of your business.

Suffice to say it isn't ever going to happen on the back of you bullying me into buying into your blinkered belief system.

Oh don't give me that crap, it's almost like someone needs a tissue for this issue. I swear you were encouraging me to f*** myself over on Lithium earlier on. You have been attacking me throughout this thread before i even bothered to stupidly start arguing with a child with learning difficulties (LargeOne, and let me guess, your name is to do with your penis?). You've pointed out that what history and astology/astronomy tells you about what I'm pointing out, is all 'a load of new age hippy bollocks'. So no dont give me the soggy blanket now. it's you whose done all the attacking and verbal abuse, not me. iTS YOU WHO HAS THE ISSUE. If you really didn't give ashit and you did have your own faith which you actually believed in, then why the f*** are you so bothered about mine? Because your a sad lonely individual who thrives off picking on others who have the ability to share new and intresting info and ideas. I mean come on for all the so called bullshit I've been talking it's def got you intrested not to mention the other 2000 views on this topic.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Can I just say, I have recieved a complaint about this thread / posts within it, this is my first time of looking at this thread and i am NOT going through 12+ pages to decide whats right and whats wrong.

What I will say if insults continue to go back and forth, action will be taken with the offending members, now please have a healthy debate, disagree, do what you want, but DON'T chuck insults about.....PLEASE!!!

May I suggest we all chill and have a good read of this balanced article on Wikipedia

2012 phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...And then make a note in our diaries for 22/12/2012 to buy Falmer a beer if he is right.

..I haven't watched the film 2012 (not my cup of tea thank you) but it made me smile when I read the back of the DVD case and noted in the warnings that it "contains mild peril".

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think it's got something to do with Leon Knight.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Technically that's two words, but ignore me, I'm not as clever as you.

Your wrong it's a doubled barrelled word, not words. Oh and just to let you know in relation to this, our 2.5 million man dosen't have 2 second names, just the one my learning chum x

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
12 pages in a day, good going.

This is an interesting subject. As I understand it the Mayans described the end of their Long Count calander as signifying the "end of time" (or the end of "creation").

I think also it is when our planet lines up with the galactic centre, and I think I read somewhere that we may potentially be exposed to something which is emitted from the galactic centre.

I had heard it mentioned that somehow in 2012 human beings will experience some kind of expansion of consciousness, which sounds pretty whacky. But then I thought that every day when the sun rises we are exposed to photons emitted from the sun. This process gives us what we call sight, but essentially this could be considered an expansion of our consiousness (awareness) as a result of a galactic alignment. So maybe the alignment of our planet to the centre of the galaxy is kind of like a sun rise (or galaxy rise) and as a result we will all be able to "see better" kind of thing. Maybe. ???

Also its important to remember what time is, interestingly this was discussed recently in another thread. Time is not what we intuitively think it is, and the difficulties we have thinking about "the end of time" or changes in our experience of time, are born out of a simplistic view of time, and one which is not accurate.

Which leads me onto this, I like terence mckenna I think he is a legend. I have no idea if his "timewave zero" is the real deal, but he too claims to have come up with december 2012 for the end of time. I think he gives a good description of his theory, and this is the kind of thinking that needs to be applied if we are going to get anywhere thinking about this stuff, coz the universe aint what it seems, let me tell ya :D

RIP Terence McKenna

Last edited:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Your wrong it's a doubled barrelled word, not words. Oh and just to let you know in relation to this, our 2.5 million man dosen't have 2 second names, just the one my learning chum x

Oh dear.

Its actually hyphenated, not double barrelled, and such expressions are common in english language for two separate words that are commonly used in the same combination in a typical expression. Nit, and picking are entirely separate words which can be used together to form a single expression.

Names are a different matter entirely.

Blimey, I must be really thick if you're cleverer than me.

Oh yes, and its' 'you're' as an abbreviation of 'you are', not 'your' which is a different word entirely.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
No one's getting agitated as far as I can see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here