Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011 World's Hardest Creature Competition- Semi Final, BATTLE 1

Semi Final 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Remember - the Honey Badger that was attacked by a lion, from behind, while it was sleeping and it STILL just woke up, yawned and scared the lion off by going totally mental. This animal exists in a dimension way BEYOND hard.

Good challenge from the croc by the way - done itself proud. Not this year though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You can't, as I said, that's like saying crocs aren't hard because bullets aren't dangerous to it. Unless you concede that point you can't make the same criticism of the honey badger. Those are things that MAKE them hard.

Vote for which animal is biggest. Shambles. :nono:

No, the honeybadger is built up to be this FEARLESS beast that attacks all kinds of dangerous animals with no regard for life or limb because its so mentally hard. It then turns out that it has nothing to fear from snakes as its immune to its venom. Snakes are then harmless to it. Attacking one then doesnt become that hard. It's like taking sweets from a baby. Which is another thing that the h.b attacks. Babies. If the immune to venom line was used as a bit of additional info it wouldn't matter but the h.b massive repeatedly state that hbs are hard because they attack poisonous snakes. I mention the croc skin merely as another facet in its hardness.

And where do I say I'm voting for the croc simply because it is bigger? That's a desperate attempt. All I said was that the croc doesnt need to go around proving how hard it is to everything it meets because it knows its hard. I've given a long list of reasons as to why the croc is hard.

Heres some more honeybadger info for you:

Far from being the “meanest animal in the world”, visual observations revealed a medium sized carnivore (6 –14 kg) that avoids confrontation with its predators.

honey badgers are regularly killed by the lion and leopard despite having been seen chasing lion off kills and feeding alongside leopard. In addition cub mortality in the southern Kalahari is at least 47 % and the causes of death included starvation, infanticide (cubs killed by adult males) and predation.

honey badgers are solitary foragers that catch the majority of prey through digging and a slow meandering walk with the meticulous examination of holes and crevices characterizes foraging behaviour.

Although frequently recounted, no recent (post 1950) or first hand accounts of honey badgers castrating animals (or man) are available and this strongly suggests this is folklore.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remember - the Honey Badger that was attacked by a lion, from behind, while it was sleeping and it STILL just woke up, yawned and scared the lion off by going totally mental. This animal exists in a dimension way BEYOND hard.

Good challenge from the croc by the way - done itself proud. Not this year though.

Agreed. Really good effort from the Croc and it definitely is hard, but it has never done anything as hard as your first sentence.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, the honeybadger is built up to be this FEARLESS beast that attacks all kinds of dangerous animals with no regard for life or limb because its so mentally hard. It then turns out that it has nothing to fear from snakes as its immune to its venom. Snakes are then harmless to it. Attacking one then doesnt become that hard. It's like taking sweets from a baby. Which is another thing that the h.b attacks. Babies. If the immune to venom line was used as a bit of additional info it wouldn't matter but the h.b massive repeatedly state that hbs are hard because they attack poisonous snakes. I mention the croc skin merely as another facet in its hardness.
I've yet to see any evidence that is actually 'immune', snake venom affects it, just not as much because it's harder than other things. Simples. This is a trait that NO DOUBT evolved due to their propensity for attacking and eating the most venomous snakes in the world. So your point is moot I'm afraid.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Perhaps. What about these points:

avoids confrontation with its predators

honey badgers are solitary foragers that catch the majority of prey through digging and a slow meandering walk with the meticulous examination of holes and crevices characterizes foraging behaviour.

no recent (post 1950) or first hand accounts of honey badgers castrating animals (or man) are available and this strongly suggests this is folklore

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still sounds harder than:

Crocodile - Hides and waits for weak prey/prey unused to being in water.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Would fans stay off the pitch at the final whistle so Honey Badger and the lads can do a lap of honour?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Still sounds harder than:

Crocodile - Hides and waits for weak prey/prey unused to being in water.

Yeah, AVOIDING confrontation and digging holes looking for mice is the dictionary definition of hard. Face it, the honeybadger is quite hard but in this competition is a triumph of marketing over substance.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
With only 9 minutes to go, can I congratulate everyone on a fantastic bout, whatever the final result. The Honey Badger Massive appear to be heading for victory, but it is not over yet. This should have been the final, and I fear that whichever contender goes through, they may not have enough left in them after this epic battle, leaving it open for the Orca. I know I for one am not sure I have the stamina for another battle like this tomorrow.

But if you haven't voted yet, VOTE HONEY BADGER.

SMALLER, but HARDER than the Croc. ATTACKS LIONS, absolutely FEARLESS and deadly snake venom only makes it have a little snooze, before it wakes up and EATS the snake that bit it.

CASE CLOSED.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Perhaps. What about these points:

avoids confrontation with its predators

no recent (post 1950) or first hand accounts of honey badgers castrating animals (or man) are available and this strongly suggests this is folklore
What about them? Easy enough to find contradictory unsubstiated claims.

Don't think anyone has even used the castration line this year :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which way will you vote in the final, GN's LF?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Which way will you vote in the final, GN's LF?

Surely his vote will go to the Honey Badger. He did the best he could in this epic contest, but the Honey Badger HAS to win it now.

When does it start?

The only problem is, if the Honey Badger does win the final, it will be retired for next year's competition, and the competition will be a damp squib. The HB saved this years competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here