Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011 World's Hardest Creature Competition- Semi Final, BATTLE 1

Semi Final 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Has the croc survived so long as there are a lack of predators or are there a lack of predators because the croc is hard?

Most species left the water as they realised that the land was plentiful and too much moisture is bad for the skin.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The hippo should've been banned. Like the polar bear, it has already been crowned champion.

As for your first point, a croc does what it needs to do to survive. Hardness matched with intelligence. Being hard unnecessarily doesn't make you any more hard, just more STUPID.
This post is STUPID, this isn't what being HARD is about at all.
The crocodile may think discretion is the better part of valour, and stay in it's swamp of cowardice and water, the honeybadger is fearless. It goes head to head with anything and comes out alive. That's HARD. That's practically the definition of hard.

Lying in your own feces waiting for an injured zebra is most definitely not.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Basically, this is what you need to choose from. Which is HARDER? (Not bigger, or stronger, but HARDER for it's size)

Honey Badger

Attacks animals much bigger than itself and often comes out on top
Immune to Snake venom
Steals from Lions
Has armoured army vehicles named after it
In the Guinness book of records as the most fearless animal on the planet
Eats Crocodiles

Croc

Lived a long time
Kills people
Kills things by pulling them underwater and drowning them
Couldn't get the better of Paul Hogan
Hides from it's prey before attacking it with surprise
Gets eaten by Honey Badgers

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That pretty much sums it up. 36 people don't seem to know the definition of the word HARD.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You've glossed over some stuff here, Commander.

Honey Badger

Attacks animals much bigger than itself and often comes out on top That is an impressive stat but not one that should be held against the croc. The honey badger is pretty small, most things are bigger than it. The croc, o the other hand is pretty big. There's not too much bigger. It does however, attack and eat numerous large animals,

Immune to Snake venomSo, it attacking poisonous snakes isnt that ipressive then? It's basically just attacking large worms...

Steals from Lions To be fair, that is pretty hard.
Has armoured army vehicles named after it The croc has something far more impressive in common with armoured vehicles. It's skin can deflect bullets.
In the Guinness book of records as the most fearless animal on the planet It may well be, but fearlessness alone doesn't make hard.
Eats Crocodiles baby crocs. Unskilled baby crocs. I note that despite claims that the honeybadger will attack anything and is scared of nothing, it will only attack baby crocodiles and not adults. It clearly knows where to draw the line.

Croc

Lived a long time Yep, and all that that entails. It has survived dinosaurs, massive climate changes, meteorites, other predators etc. That is an incredible achievement and testament to its hardness.
Kills people It doesn't just kill people though, does it? It attacks anything that strays into its path
Kills things by pulling them underwater and drowning them It works. And frankly it's a horrible way to die.
Couldn't get the better of Paul Hogan Pass the barrell back when your finished with it and I'll fill it up with some more hard croc facts!
Hides from it's prey before attacking it with surprise Waits for its prey befor launching a lightening fast attack and clamping its jaws(5000pounds of bite force per square inch) around the helpless victim and then drowning the mofo. The victim doesnt know what hit it and the croc doesnt have to exert more effort than is necessary. Job done. Only Americans think that excessive amounts of violence equates to being hard. Look where that got them in vietnam, Iraq etc...
Gets eaten by Honey Badgers Adults don't. Honeybadgers know their luck can only hold against an innocent child.

There's no denying that the honeybadger brings a lot to the table, but I honestly dont think he brings as much as the croc. The best analogy I can think of is comparing the honey badger to a (short) american marine and the croc to a 6 foot 2 highly trained S.A.S. The croc is able to survive in pretty much any weather condition as its survival over the past 240million years show. It can fight and kill on land and in water, it can survive for up to two hours under water, it can go a whole year without eating, it skin is so hard it can deflect bullets. It's got the lot. An it has a bit too much for the valiant honey badger.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You've glossed over some stuff here, Commander.

There's no denying that the honeybadger brings a lot to the table, but I honestly dont think he brings as much as the croc. The best analogy I can think of is comparing the honey badger to a (short) american marine and the croc to a 6 foot 2 highly trained S.A.S. The croc is able to survive in pretty much any weather condition as its survival over the past 240million years show. It can fight and kill on land and in water, it can survive for up to two hours under water, it can go a whole year without eating, it skin is so hard it can deflect bullets. It's got the lot. An it has a bit too much for the valiant honey badger.
You can't say Honeybadgers aren't hard because snake bites don't worry them. That's like me saying crocs aren't hard to stand up to guns because bullets only bounce off them anyway, they might as well stand up to rubber balls.

I feel the honey badger's fearlessness is well established, it's ability to go toe to toe with the deadliest predfators in Africa and come out at least unscathed if not BETTER.
Let's see how the crocodil,e fares when it comes to this type of behaviour with some ATTENBOROUGH APPROVED factual happenings:

Hmm, he's looking pretty scared of those OTTERS isn't he? I know Tarka is a brave little chap but I wouldn't say he's scary. Maybe it's all that terribly intimidating SQUEEKING that frightens the poor thing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can't say Honeybadgers aren't hard because snake bites don't worry them. That's like me saying crocs aren't hard to stand up to guns because bullets only bounce off them anyway, they might as well stand up to rubber balls.

I feel the honey badger's fearlessness is well established, it's ability to go toe to toe with the deadliest predfators in Africa and come out at least unscathed if not BETTER.
Let's see how the crocodil,e fares when it comes to this type of behaviour with some ATTENBOROUGH APPROVED factual happenings:

Hmm, he's looking pretty scared of those OTTERS isn't he? I know Tarka is a brave little chap but I wouldn't say he's scary. Maybe it's all that terribly intimidating SQUEEKING that frightens the poor thing.

Love it.

Croc - "It's not fair, I'm fighting something that isn't SHIT in water."

Cowardly prick.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course, if the Croc was truly HARD like the Honey Badger, we'd be talking about it taking on bigger water dwellers, like the HIPPO, and WINNING.

However, search "croc vs hippo" on Google and the results are, well, embarrassing.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I can when people argue that the honeybadger taking on poisonous snakes is hard. It's not when the snake isn't poisonous to the honeybadger.

Whats the croc going to achieve by attacking otters? The croc is a controlled hardness, it doesn't need to go around attacking minor animals if its not hungry. It's not got little man syndrome...

Mellotron, the hippo won the whole competiton last year. It's f***ing hard in it's own right. But just for you here's a video of a group of hippo's NOT attacking a crocodile. Despite them outnumbering them and being larger in size. The pussies.

And here's Gustave, a croc who HAS killed and eaten hippos.

And heres a croc EATING a hippo:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can when people argue that the honeybadger taking on poisonous snakes is hard. It's not when the snake isn't poisonous to the honeybadger.
You can't, as I said, that's like saying crocs aren't hard because bullets aren't dangerous to it. Unless you concede that point you can't make the same criticism of the honey badger. Those are things that MAKE them hard.

Whats the croc going to achieve by attacking otters? The croc is a controlled hardness, it doesn't need to go around attacking minor animals if its not hungry. It's not got little man syndrome...
Vote for which animal is biggest. Shambles. :nono:

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ

This Croc got its ass kicked by the Hippo. There's a reason you won't find video footage of a Hippo attacking a Honey Badger - it's too scared.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[yt]Ua3M1O-WQrM[/yt]

[yt]LYcpB0sgyyo[/yt]

[yt]FlvZ6anM81U[/yt]

And that is going in blind because I cant play them at work!

Pound for pound, the Honey Badger is harder. Not stronger, not bigger, it wouldn't beat a full grown Croc in a fight, but it is harder. And that is what the competition is about, despite what some people seem to think.

Hope that works. The bit in bold sums it up. This is not a "Who would win in a fight?" contest.

It's the title of World's HARDEST Creature. Please bear that in mind. The Honey Badger IS Harder.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If it was who would win, a croc couldn't take a honeybadger unless it was swimming and the croc was hiding. :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If it was who would win, a croc couldn't take a honeybadger unless it was swimming and the croc was hiding. :)

And if they had a fight on land, although the Honey Badger might lose due to the vast difference in size, it would go steaming straight into it without fear, and still give it a serious kicking.

Frank Bruno would have beaten Ricky Hatton in a fight, but Hatton is harder. That is what you need to think about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here