2011 World's Hardest Creature Competition- Semi Final, BATTLE 1

Semi Final 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
honey badgers are mammals and as such are noobs. crocs own history.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm a bit confused.

The crocodile, generally, relies on beating opponents in an environment that is alien to the potential prey. The honey badger will have a crack at other species that evolution tells him/her he can defeat. He/she does resist larger animals that it has no chance of killing/eating/defeating, but that is natural with some species. You will see birds attacking the canine/feline specie if it is to protect their young or their ground.

However, having been a croc fan for the past two series and seeing the monsters in the wild, I am going to plump for the honey badger. I have been worn down. They are plucky little creatures, batting way above their level sometimes on a level playing field.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
However, having been a croc fan for the past two series and seeing the monsters in the wild, I am going to plump for the honey badger. I have been worn down. They are plucky little creatures, batting way above their level sometimes on a level playing field.

oh please, the only thing I've seen run away from a honey badger is that boring arsehole who presents 'Deadly 60' on CBBC and he is known to run away from centipedes :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
All very well, and I agree it is a worthy contender, but Honey Badger's eat Crocodiles that are twice their size. So I don't really see how the Croc can possibly be harder.

That isn't me making that up, that is FACT. Honey Badgers eat Crocodiles up to a metre long.

Up to a metre long? You mean baby crocodiles that haven't learnt how to fight properly and don't have the speed to get away. That's not that hard. At least the Cape Buffalo kills the young of the animals that hunt it to eliminate a future threat.

I found this when having a little look on the honey badger:

They are tough creatures with thick skin, but their reputation for meanness may be slightly exaggerated. In the past it was thought that honey badgers succumbed to no predator other than humans, but it’s now known that leopards and lions eat the animals. And though there were reports in the mid-20th century that honey badgers killed prey by emasculating them and letting them bleed to death, no one has reported such as attack, on prey or on humans, since 1950, and this may simply be folklore.

So basically, they're not as hard as they're made out to be, it's all just propaganda, smoke and mirrors. They're tough for sure, but they're just feisty little scrappy do's. They're not as hard as the crocodile who is the ultimate predator and survivor.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh look - a one post voter. There's a shock

This is getting a little tedious now, Stumpy. Your family's smear campaign against the Honey Badger is beginning to wear a bit thin.

Up to a metre long? You mean baby crocodiles that haven't learnt how to fight properly and don't have the speed to get away. That's not that hard. At least the Cape Buffalo kills the young of the animals that hunt it to eliminate a future threat.

I found this when having a little look on the honey badger:

They are tough creatures with thick skin, but their reputation for meanness may be slightly exaggerated. In the past it was thought that honey badgers succumbed to no predator other than humans, but it’s now known that leopards and lions eat the animals. And though there were reports in the mid-20th century that honey badgers killed prey by emasculating them and letting them bleed to death, no one has reported such as attack, on prey or on humans, since 1950, and this may simply be folklore.

So basically, they're not as hard as they're made out to be, it's all just propaganda, smoke and mirrors. They're tough for sure, but they're just feisty little scrappy do's. They're not as hard as the crocodile who is the ultimate predator and survivor.

There is no shame in being eaten by Lions and Leopards when you are many times smaller than them. Humans have been eaten by Lions and would have no chance in defending themselves against them without weapons, where as the Honey Badger's regularly fend off a Lion by attacking it. That takes balls, and serious hardness. They even steal kills from Lions.

And there's nothing wrong with a bit of folklore and myth surrounding them, just look at the Great White Shark.

This is a good match up, the Croc is one hard mother-fucker, but pound for pound, the Honey Badger is harder.

But at least you can come up with a serious argument, rather than claiming the voting has been rigged.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ooooh. Back to even stevens!
The fabled battling qualities that have seen the reptile battle successfully against two waves of mass extinction now predictably come to the fore. A soppy domestic cat lookalike should present very few problems to the animal so hard that it has existed for 300 million years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's hard because it has "been alive"? Impressive.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm backing the crocodile. I went for a drink at the pool in the zoo I live in and had my right leg bitten off.

Meanwhile in the honey badger cage, I heard wimpering noises. Little jessie as he's known round these parts wasn't christened honey for no reason.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh look - a one post voter. There's a shock
Hey Timmy, I have a suggestion. Genuine suggestion. Why don't you and Simster go back and add up the combined post count of who voted for what in every round and then we can see who wins your version of the competition. And see if anyone cares.

sadface1g.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's hard because it has "been alive"? Impressive.
Can you IMAGINE the hardy conditions the croc has endured down the years? 300 million years and NOTHING can wipe it out. Droughts, meteors, extreme weather, other animals, nothing. HARD.

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
The Honey Badger is a hard little bastard ball of muscle that'll take on anything. The Croc is just a scaly freak, like the shelf stacker at your local Tesco who only works the night shift and spends his free time playing World of Warcraft.

At the end of the day I've never seen a Honey Badger skin handbag or shoes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At the end of the day I've never seen a Honey Badger skin handbag or shoes.
Of course you haven't. Because like everything else about the croc, it's skin is HARD - durable, hard wearing yet classy.

Are you suggesting a homo sapien lacks the capability to put a bullet between a stoat's eyes? Of course it does. And if it did so, and made a handbag out of a honeybadger's skin, it would last about 3 minutes before falling apart.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What a battle this is turning out to be. The game of the tournament. Come on the Honey Badger, you beat the Croc last year, you can do it again this year.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Simster, how do you get around the fact that a honey badger will attack anything on a level playing field, whereas a crocodile will attack and fight anything in an environment that is alien to that of the attackee.

Besides which, what has happened to the hippo? They are the kings of the African waterways.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Simster, how do you get around the fact that a honey badger will attack anything on a level playing field, whereas a crocodile will attack and fight anything in an environment that is alien to that of the attackee.

Besides which, what has happened to the hippo? They are the kings of the African waterways.

Yeah Simster, how do you get around that? HOW?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

The hippo should've been banned. Like the polar bear, it has already been crowned champion.

As for your first point, a croc does what it needs to do to survive. Hardness matched with intelligence. Being hard unnecessarily doesn't make you any more hard, just more STUPID.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And it's back in front again. What a contest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here