Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011/2012 new kits thread

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There has been a issue with the new sponser on all of the training kit this season, could be a possible reason for the late unvailing of our new home kit. other than just a Marketing Stratergy.

Interesting stuff. The players only resumed training this week, so I guess that they will have only just discovered any quality issues. Possibly that is why there haven't been any training ground photos yet, too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Interesting stuff. The players only resumed training this week, so I guess that they will have only just discovered any quality issues. Possibly that is why there haven't been any training ground photos yet, too.

Apprently to do with the Logo/sponsership on the Kit or so im told.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
There has been a issue with the new sponser on all of the training kit this season, could be a possible reason for the late unvailing of our new home kit. other than just a Marketing Stratergy.

have they finally realised its gonna look complete TOILET with the sponsor logo on it? i hope theres a massive issue, and they cant use the sponsor logo at all, that would be wicked

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What do you mean by issue? Surely errea have learned not to do iron on sponsor logos by now....

Not to sure to be honest, asked to see the new training kits and got told there has been a 'cock up' with them and that the squad havent been supplied with new training kit as of yet. (useally given to them first day back)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What do you mean by issue? Surely errea have learned not to do iron on sponsor logos by now....

I understand that it IS an iron on logo because the new sponsor came late in the day.

This was a month or two ago so it may have changed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Every other shirt manufacturer has learnt how to do 'heat pressed' transfers, as 90% of all shirts now are done this way. If there is a problem then I would guess it's due to the physical size of the BJobs logo. The process relies on a PVC foil being printed then die-cut before being pressed onto the shirt. The printed panel is possibly uncomfortable to the wearer of the shirt due to its size, also it would crinkle and crease whilst being worn.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We aren't the only people with problems - Wolves had to delay their shirt launch at the last minute due to technical issues. Their manufacturer is burrda.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
new England away top
[yt]LsT3Fbg3x-Q[/yt]

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why can't they embroider on the sponsor instead of a stick-on one if they've not got time to incorporate it into the shirt when it's made?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why can't they embroider on the sponsor instead of a stick-on one if they've not got time to incorporate it into the shirt when it's made?

That would prove very expensive and probably make the shirt even more uncomfortable to wear, that much embroidery would be surprisingly heavy. a lot of team badges are Lextra, heat pressed or flock printed nowadays for reasons of cheapness and comfort.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That would prove very expensive and probably make the shirt even more uncomfortable to wear, that much embroidery would be surprisingly heavy. a lot of team badges are Lextra, hear pressed or flock printed nowadays for reasons of cheapness and comfort.

I have a Sussex shirt with a large embroidered sponsor's logo - it's neither heavy or uncomfortable. If that lextra stuff is what the badge on the last couple of home shirts is made of I'm not that impressed with it , tends to fall apart/peel off quite quickly. How much more would it cost to embroider it then?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Most clubs have gone back with the embroidered badge this year, i think they look alot better than the iron on ones, and they dont fall off.

We pay £40+ for these kits why should the clubs take the cheap option, i agree with iron on sponsors but not badges

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here