Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011/2012 new kits thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Working in the print industry (not publishing) I have a little insight into how these things are done. A print is just that, the heat seal foil is printed, en-masse, and then stamped out. Application to the shirt takes a matter of seconds. Embroidery of the BJobs logo would take, on a modern multiple thread machine, a number of minutes per shirt, this alone would make the process massively more time consuming, and time is money. The BJobs logo that I have seen would use masses of thread, and I am pretty sure would be very heavy and uncomfortable in comparison to a heat print, I have had a couple of embroidered shirts like this, they aren't nice. Certainly the players would then require special 'player spec' shirts as they wouldn't wear one with so much embroidery, which is exactly what happens at the moment with the likes of Nike, Adidas etc. Their player spec shirts have embroidered badges that are heat pressed to make sure no uncomfortable embroidery runs are on the inside to chafe their sensitive nipples. the Nike tick has a protective felt back and Adidas logos are not embroidered on the player spec shirts to make them more comfy!

But seriously, embroidery of the sponsors logo on football shirts is a non starter, too expensive, and not comfortable. I've had a Donny Rovers shirt and a Middlesbrough (Errea) shirt like this, they were not nice, there are good reasons why very few, if any football shirts have embroiders sponsors nowadays.

The Lextra badge we've had recently is widely used as an alternative to embroidery as it is much cheaper all round to produce and apply. I have not had any come loose, fall off or deteriorate. Lextra is a highly protected and licensed process, manufacturers are simply not allowed, under the terms of their license, to use it incorrectly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely THE shirt to be seen in for 2011/12, from the Fulham leisure range

JACKSON.jpg

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I used to have a football shirt with a large sponsor printed across the front of it. For the life of me i can't remember what team it was though (Lazio?)

What i do remember is how uncomfortable it was to wear & How after a few washes it looked like shit.

Perhaps they will look to integrate the sponsor into the print of the shirt like last seasons.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have to say that Scunthorpe is the first club that have (in my opinion) made that template look good. The template itself appears to be a cross between the old United template, and the Mexico template from the 2006 World Cup.

Jul 28, 2010
Fareham, Hampshire
i just wish the club would hurry up and release the new shirt as i am seeinf family in brighton on the 8th so would like to be able to go to the new stoer at the amex and buy the new shirt then.
:falmer::falmer:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
A little tidbit from TeamkitBHAFC on twitter when I asked them about the new kit:

"love the new kit! Home kit is really good!! Away kit takes a bit of getting used to but we like it a lot now!! #bhafc"

Intrigued about the away kit, but glad they like the home.

Scunny kit looks awesome.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
A little tidbit from TeamkitBHAFC on twitter when I asked them about the new kit:

"love the new kit! Home kit is really good!! Away kit takes a bit of getting used to but we like it a lot now!! #bhafc"

Intrigued about the away kit, but glad they like the home.

Scunny kit looks awesome.

Interesting what else they said to you (I just looked at their profile):

"Pics have been taken all ready for release!"

They also posted a picture of the kits (follow link): http://yfrog.com/ki92131859j

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yep, though they didn't know/couldn't tell me when it the pics would be released, I presume it was going to be 4th July to coincide with the shop opening, but now that has been put back a bit. Just hazarding a guess though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess at some point before the official unveiling they'll have to have a big team photo and some promotional shots. Which are certain to be taken in front of the West Stand I'd have thought. So if you obsessively watch the webcam every fifteen minutes for the next couple of weeks you might SPOT them :lol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I guess at some point before the official unveiling they'll have to have a big team photo and some promotional shots. Which are certain to be taken in front of the West Stand I'd have thought. So if you obsessively watch the webcam every fifteen minutes for the next couple of weeks you might SPOT them :lol:

or wait for a "web cam error" to completely wipe it out for a day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here