Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 World's Hardest Creature, First Round, Group D

Group D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
the adder has proved to be the TIN HENMAN of this tournament

the best that the british can produce, yet ultimately lacking on the world stage

(although some of the SEA BEASTS can be found in british waters)

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Cassowary gets my vote , nasty looking critter !!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think people are being swayed by the size of the Elephant. People need to consider who is harder all things being equal. That is, factor out things such as terrain and size. If the cassowary was the same size as an elephant who would be harder? Answer:the headmental, disembowling bird.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think people are being swayed by the size of the Elephant. People need to consider who is harder all things being equal. That is, factor out things such as terrain and size. If the cassowary was the same size as an elephant who would be harder? Answer:the headmental, disembowling bird.

But you could say that about every animal. If they were the size of an elephant they'd win. The fact is they're not and so the elephant is going to use it's size to an advantage by being able to stand on a honey badger and turn it into a pancake

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Cassowary's scared of humans? No chance! Bet the lad was pooing himself.

[yt]W-xvBsaZex4[/yt]

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
But you could say that about every animal. If they were the size of an elephant they'd win. The fact is they're not and so the elephant is going to use it's size to an advantage by being able to stand on a honey badger and turn it into a pancake

Not really, it's the same principle as in boxing when they talk about who the best pound for pound is. Obviously a mediocre heavyweight is going to beat a top bantamweight, but that doesn't make him better, just bigger. Same in the worlds hardest creature competition. We're trying to find the hardest.

The following is taken from the introduction to the first ever worlds hardest creature contest:

Remember, it's not neccesarily who would win in a fight between the two, but a contest of who pound for pound, ounce for ounce is harder. There's no set criteria for 'hard' but such factors as aggresiveness, viciousness, willingness to take on all comers, ability to withstand punishment, brute strength must surely factor highly in your considerations.

:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ferocious!

article-1172859-04945050000005DC-47_468x557.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Second place really is up for grbs in this one. The bull shark seemed well out of it a few hours ago, but with several hours still to go, it has crept into contention AND RIGHTLY SO.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not really, it's the same principle as in boxing when they talk about who the best pound for pound is. Obviously a mediocre heavyweight is going to beat a top bantamweight, but that doesn't make him better, just bigger. Same in the worlds hardest creature competition. We're trying to find the hardest.

The following is taken from the introduction to the first ever worlds hardest creature contest:

Remember, it's not neccesarily who would win in a fight between the two, but a contest of who pound for pound, ounce for ounce is harder. There's no set criteria for 'hard' but such factors as aggresiveness, viciousness, willingness to take on all comers, ability to withstand punishment, brute strength must surely factor highly in your considerations.

:thumbsup:

I wasn't aware of that statement from the original competition, I apologise. I feel my votes are now void :nono:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I would like the Australian members of this forum to please vote for Cassowary.

TLC, I fear if this is closed at midnight, the Austrlians may miss their chance to vote for THEIR bird. It must be closed tomorrow day time. It MUST be.

Oct 25, 2003
it's closing at about 6pm english time TOMORROW

the closing time for each poll is different (exactly 48 hours after it opened) as they all started at different times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here