Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2009/2010 season ticket prices - what will the club do?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yep, that for me is the most ludicrous thing. I've read it adds £4 to the cost of a ticket. Our prices (£24.50-£26.50) are an absolute disgrace and really should be banned by the F.A, and even with £4 knocked off they would still be too expensive. But to be paying for something that the majority of people don't use or want is disgusting and, you never know, scrapping it might just bring a few people back who are prepared to spend £20 but not £24.

But it could also cause fans from outlying areas to stop going, as they can't afford the train fare.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reckon the club will freeze ST prices - and maybe reinstate the 'first cup game free' ticket that used to be included.

This wont be enough.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I paid out for two season tickets last March when I could us going somewhere good - won't be doing it again this March - only place i can see us going is league two - I am gutted for what is happening now :(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair point, but then couldn't it be made an option? If, like me, you live a 5 minute walk from the ground then you pay £20. If, like you, you live in Newhaven or Seaford or wherever you pay £24 and get your train ticket.

Quite. Would give people the option. Besides, many regulars from Newhaven and Seaford and further afield tend to come in by car anyway and park near the ground. So they're also paying for something they don't use.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In answer to the original question, what they SHOULD do and what they WILL do are two very different things. What they SHOULD do is lower the prices and maybe incentivise the pricing structure as some other clubs have done - ie if we sell 6,000 season tickets they will cost £300, if we sell 5,000 they will cost £325, if we sell 4,000 they will cost £350 etc. What they WILL do is freeze them.

You're probably right. Shame though. And it displays a complete lack of imagination.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They will probably cut the prices by a MASSIVE 5% but that we only apply if you but your season ticket for next season in march.....
sadly as others have stated the marketing at this club is very sussex county league and thats no disrepect to any of them clubs either...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Do what Charlton did and offer a free season ticket for the following season if they get promoted. That was a smart idea, because it got a lot more people through the turnstiles, and we all knew they had no chance of getting promoted.

So sell season tickets for £400 (no higher), and get a season ticket for free for 2010/2011 if we get promoted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thing is.......if we drop prices, can we afford the drop in income. lets face it, in a couple of weeks time the only people going will be STH's. and the ocaasional gimme's....

People paying for tickets will be non existant.

Our losses this season may be unsustainable

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Same old same old. Everyone whinges about the price but as a season ticket holder I only pay just under £18 a game (£413 / 23 games) for South Central seat. For this level of football that is probably a fair price especially as it includes the park and ride which I use. I still don't accept that the low crowds are due to price. If we had won every home game then we would probably be getting 8500 every game. If the club charged a tenner to get and we still kept losing then most of the fairweather crowd would still not come back for the next game.

It's also ludicrous to suggest the prices are just tossed about at a board meeting. First two criteria are surely a) anticipated cost of running the club and b) how much the board are willing to contribute. The net amount is the what the club need to raise during the season. If the board contribute more to the running of the club and prices come down then they are less likely to stump up for transfers. And lets not forget that the credit crunch is probably costing the board members as well and they will have less inclination to invest more in the club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's also ludicrous to suggest the prices are just tossed about at a board meeting. First two criteria are surely a) anticipated cost of running the club and b) how much the board are willing to contribute. The net amount is the what the club need to raise during the season. If the board contribute more to the running of the club and prices come down then they are less likely to stump up for transfers. And lets not forget that the credit crunch is probably costing the board members as well and they will have less inclination to invest more in the club.

You're missing out demand theory (the effect of demand in relation to price) here.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Prices have to come down, it's nothing short of daylight robbery at the moment for the shit that's on offer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Same old same old. Everyone whinges about the price but as a season ticket holder I only pay just under £18 a game (£413 / 23 games) for South Central seat. For this level of football that is probably a fair price especially as it includes the park and ride which I use. I still don't accept that the low crowds are due to price. If we had won every home game then we would probably be getting 8500 every game. If the club charged a tenner to get and we still kept losing then most of the fairweather crowd would still not come back for the next game.

and with under 21s season ticket in the south stand for just £120; under 16s at £100; and under 10s amazingly can get a season ticket for less than £1 per match in the family stand - they all seem pretty attractive and fair prices for 23 games to me.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
and with under 21s season ticket in the south stand for just £120; under 16s at £100; and under 10s amazingly can get a season ticket for less than £1 per match in the family stand - they all seem pretty attractive and fair prices for 23 games to me.

Were these offers advertised to students at the Universities/Colleges though? Were they bollocks.

Think of the children....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Were these offers advertised to students at the Universities/Colleges though? Were they bollocks.

Think of the children....

What a lame excuse... so they don't go to any games, read the programme, talk to other supporters, read the Argus, go to the club shop, listen to SCR or visit NSC or the club website either. They sound like they are really interested in the Albion or football, don't they ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here