Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Dead in Virginia College shooting.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
The gun laws here are a joke. Buffalo, where I live, is a city of around 1 million people...on average here, there are 2 murders a week - almost all involving guns. There are also 2-3 non-fatal shootings per week. There are large parts of this city that I will never even drive through. It's pretty much the same for almost every major city in the country.
The crap that people use to try and defend their "right to bear arms" is f***ing ludicrous. What constituted "arms" in the late eighteenth century and what constitutes "arms" today is incomparable. If Jefferson and the other writers of the constitution could see what that phrase has come to mean in this country they would turn in their graves.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My understanding about "the right to bear arms" being enshrined in the Constitution is that it was put there to enable an army to be raised quickly.

Seeing as the U.S. has a full-time professional army the only reason for it being in the Constitution has now gone.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It's a "right to bear arms" as part of a militia.

Not to protect your property, or for hunting, or just for the love of blowing things away.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
jonny.rainbow said:
It's a "right to bear arms" as part of a militia.

Not to protect your property, or for hunting, or just for the love of blowing things away.

That's always been debated. On August 24, 2004, the Department of Justice, Office of Legal Counsel wrote a Memorandum Opinion for the United States Attorney General. It stated, "The Second Amendment secures a right of individuals generally, not a right of States or a right restricted to persons serving in militias."
The pro-gun lobby has so many votes that no government will ever really take them on. As tragic as the massacre in Virginia is, it's even more tragic that it WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
STG_Mega_KillerSpeaks_251p.jpg

Scoop.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I meant for NBC, it did look to have caused some surprise in the US news conference when police explained.
Must have been an odd, unsettling feeling nevertheless when NBC received and opened that package.

This trend for user-generated news content has a lot to answer for...

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Indeed. To think he went back to his room after the first shootings and filmed himself, then went back out and killed a whole load more.

Just seen him on video saying "This didn't need to happen. . ." Creepy.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
"When the time came, I did it. I had to. . ."

"You had a 100 billion chances and ways to have avoided today but you decided to spill my blood. You forced me into a corner and gave me only one option. The decision was yours. Now you have blood on your hands that will never wash off."

"I didn't have to do this. I could have left. I could have fled. But no, I will no longer run. If not for me then my children and my brothers and sisters that you f***ed. I did it for them."

NBC say he started to prepare this stuff at least 6 days before the shooting.

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Vlad the Impala said:
Indeed. To think he went back to his room after the first shootings and filmed himself, then went back out and killed a whole load more.

Just seen him on video saying "This didn't need to happen. . ." Creepy.

But he is right....

His lecturers were warning the police years before this happened.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
El Presidente said:
I blame video games, this is clearly caused by Pacman and Nintendogs. Ban them now
Not videogames this time:
Detectives say Cho Seung-Hui repeatedly watched the South Korean movie Oldboy in the days leading up to the massacre in which 32 people were killed.

The film's themes of obsession and revenge also occur in Cho's own writings.

In a chilling video sent by the student to the American TV network NBC he appears to re-enact scenes from the movie in a series of photographs.

In one he holds a gun to his own head and in another wields a hammer, images that appear in the film.
oldboyhammergn7.jpg

untitledbq1.jpg

1525410.jpg

At least something good might come of it, more people might watch Oldboy.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Has anyone read the play he wrote, Richard McBeef?

It is amazing how the media are going on about how sick and twisted some of the things he wrote were.

Have none of them read any of the work by Sarah Kane? Work, I might add, that is still performed to this day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
jonny.rainbow said:
Has anyone read the play he wrote, Richard McBeef?

It is amazing how the media are going on about how sick and twisted some of the things he wrote were.

Have none of them read any of the work by Sarah Kane? Work, I might add, that is still performed to this day.

More importantly have none of them picked up on what is probably the funniest title for a play in history. Dick McBeef? fantastic!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What's the betting that all these people who have come out saying how odd he was bullied him most days and are part of the reason he flipped.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Do you think that is what they taunted him with..the nickname Dick McBeef?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
What's the betting that all these people who have come out saying how odd he was bullied him most days and are part of the reason he flipped.

He may have been bullied but I don't think he needed that as an excuse.

In his video he seems at total odds with the world around him, and determined to make some sort of statement or lasting impression of himself, on a world couldn't be a part of.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No not at all, also not a reason to go ape with a gun.

However, if this was the case I hope the wankers that bullied him feel as smug now as when they bullied him.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
No not at all, also not a reason to go ape with a gun.

However, if this was the case I hope the wankers that bullied him feel as smug now as when they bullied him.

Maybe.

The bullying thing came up in Columbine aswell but then they realised that Eric Harris was a psychotic and Dylan Klebold a Manic Depressive. A deadly combination.

I think it has more to do with how society as a whole treats these individuals rather than specific people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here