Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Dead in Virginia College shooting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
surrey jim said:
33 dead now, this is terrible :down:
At least the 33rd was the insane gunman. I only hope he suffered for at least for a few moments before he snuffed it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Gully said:
Most of the kids killed in London have been victims of knife crime, something our "unarmed" police have been trying hard to reduce, I am sure that the instances (percentage) of assualts with a lethal weapon are far lower in the UK than the US.

are you in favour of uk police having firearms??

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Anyone else see that idiotic american politician on Newsnight ? It was put to him that in light of the number of school shootings in recent years, perhaps there should be a tightening on gun laws in America...his response ?

"I disagree. If the students had been armed today, they'd have been more able to defend themselves..."

:shootself

Yeee HAAW boys, lets have ourselves an old-style OK Coral SHOOTOUT y'all.
f***ing dickhead Yanks think they're living in a perpetual western. Anyone who thinks they have a RIGHT to keep a deadly firearm has got something seriously wrong in their head.
Yeah I saw that, he argued that had they all had guns, they would have shot back, killed him. Saving many lives. Perhaps if none of them had guns? :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Easy 10 said:
Anyone else see that idiotic american politician on Newsnight ? It was put to him that in light of the number of school shootings in recent years, perhaps there should be a tightening on gun laws in America...his response ?

"I disagree. If the students had been armed today, they'd have been more able to defend themselves..."

f***ing dickhead Yanks think they're living in a perpetual western. Anyone who thinks they have a RIGHT to keep a deadly firearm has got something seriously wrong in their head.

I did, my telly nearly went out the window.

What an imbecile :angry: :angry:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yorkie said:
There's gun 'control' in this country but how many youngsters have been shot in the last couple of months in London? OK, so they weren't all in one day.

Doesn't even compare.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Sounds quite premedidated. The front door was locked from the inside by a chain. 2 doors were chained in total.

I.D descriptions seems to not be the same as the one reported at the first shooting. They have a preliminary i.d, but they aren't sure. Shooter not known to the police.

No-one is in custody.

Waiting for ballistics before they link the murders in the 2 places.

Staff members are included in the deceased.

Suicide ruled out in the dorm.

All from press conference tonight.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:
At least the 33rd was the insane gunman. I only hope he suffered for at least for a few moments before he snuffed it.

So are you in favour of torture for the mentally ill?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Who's saying he's mentally ill?

Umm, if you read the post, Easy said he was insane.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
Why the Yank bashing. We had Dunblane and a school in Birmingham where a bloke went mad with a machete.

After Dunblane we took immediate action. Yes you can get guns here but nowhere as easily as the US. Over there illegal possession of a hand gun is barely a misdemeanour, over here it's a mandatory 5 year sentence.

As far as it goes people in the US will use this latest tragedy as an excuse to buy a gun for their own protection. You'll also find many who will say that as America allows abortion then murder is easy to justify. Abortion is legal here as it is in most European countries yet we manage to avoid mass killings.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Surrey jim, not in the routine performance of their duties, but they should have access to them whenever needed or at places like Gatwick airport where there is a requirement for a visible deterrent. I think that you will find the Police firearms units are extremely well trained and operate within their rules of engagement, it is very rare that we even hear of them opening fire on anyone, this surely speaks volumes for how and when they are used.

There is no way that you can really protect yourself against the type of event that happened yesterday, if someone is determined to cause mass death by shooting then they will obtain the weapon and ammunition to do precisely that. However, I believe that the law and regulations we have in place in the UK, and across most of Europe, make it far less likely on this side of the Atlantic.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Easy 10 said:

I switched over after that, as my blood was beginning to boil.

What an absolute prune!?

"Hi Dad. I am a bit short on cash at the moment, could you lend me some money?"

"What for son?"

"I need to buy a few books for my coursework and I have gone through all six boxes of bullets".

:nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was a guy on 5-live this morning, from a US pro gun magazine.

He was pointing out that the only connection between all the school shootings, in recent history, was that the schools in question had a NO gun policy.

So therefore if the students were all allowed to carry guns they would be able to shot any gun toating maniac before he was able to kill anyone.

Is it possible to argue again this kind lunacy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would do a consensus of every American who wants to carry a gun or thinks it is a good idea. I would then arm them all and drop them on a deserted island and make them all hunt each other Battle Royale style. See if they think everyone should be armed then.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yorkie said:
There's gun 'control' in this country but how many youngsters have been shot in the last couple of months in London? OK, so they weren't all in one day.

A number that is completely insignificant when compared to the youngsters that have been shot in every American city in the last couple of months but is not reported over here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.neahin.org/programs/schoolsafety/gunsafety/statistics.htm#america

America and Gun Violence

Every day, more than 80 Americans die from gun violence. (Coalition to Stop Gun Violence)

The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)

American kids are 16 times more likely to be murdered with a gun, 11 times more likely to commit suicide with a gun, and nine times more likely to die from a firearm accident than children in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control)

When you have a loony at the top and such a powerful gun lobby they will never change.

They seem happy to live like the Willd West and even if tomorrow another mass shooting happened they would still do nothing.

As has already been pointed out, THOUSANDS of people die in the States every year from guns and basically it is part of their culture so it is very unlikely to change.

God bless America and the idiots that continue to love guns :(

RIP those who died :angel:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's an arguement for and against guns in America other than the right to defend oneself.

While I was in Oklahoma a neighbour had to shoot a rabid animal that was staggering about in the yard (it was autopsied as required by law which proved it was diseased). In some of the more rural states it's not only people you need protecting against.

One of the soon to be ex MrsBHA's brothers was a gun fanatic. He had a fair old collection or weapons including a crossbow. He hunted but not just for sport as he butched and ate his kills. However, he also had a .44 magnum and a Mach 10 SMG, when I asked him what he killed with them he was quite perplexed. I should point out he was not a resident of Comptom but resided is a backwater in Georgia. He was a regular church goer and was considered to be a pillar of local society (even though he was a racist).

The other side though is this. The aunt of MrsBHA's ex husband lived across the strett from us. She had a licensed gun. No big deal you may think except for a couple of small matters. First of all she was on Welfare because she was diagnosed as being mentally unfit to work. The other thing was that two of her sons lived with her, they had both dones some serious time for armed robbery.

Would a gun ban like we think we have here work in the US ? No, sorry there are just too many weapons out there and given the size of the place it's too hard to Police. The real problem is that there are people there (as there are in this country) who have no concept of just how fatal and final death is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here