Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year deal for Turienzo.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Albion Dan said:
Im sure youll find the 6 figure sum is his wages over the 2 years????

Albion have paid an undisclosed six-figure fee for Turienzo - who made his name in the Argentine Primera Liga with Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata, with whom he made his first-team debut at 18.

'Have paid' surely indicates that we have already done it, so it can't be wages.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
NEC in Holland were set to buy him for 200k (Euros) last summer so it's likely to be a fee

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
I think this is a good deal,you don't splash out a 100k for a crap player.Im surprised by the amount we spent on another striker though considering the midfield,but i always used to criticise the lack of quality strikers.:)

The midfield is dire:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
I think this is a good deal,you don't splash out a 100k for a crap player.Im surprised by the amount we spent on another striker though considering the midfield,but i always used to criticise the lack of quality strikers.:)

The midfield is dire:shootself

I got the impression that CKR is a striking midfielder.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
I got the impression that CKR is a striking midfielder.
I got the impression that he was an out and out striker,o but what do i know i don't go to games:lolol:

He is what you need going at defenders surely????

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We've got him listed as a striker but he was a midfielder at Bury.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yorkie said:
We've got him listed as a striker but he was a midfielder at Bury.

.. and they converted him from a defender I believe :lolol:

Bury fans seemed to think he was an attacking midfielder.

Yorkies right (wherever we play him)

Stumpy Tim

CKR likes to play behind the front man/men according to reports. He's an AMR on Football Manager, and crap!

I was initially surprised that we spent 6 figures on the Argie, but I didn't know he had played a lot for their U21's, and thought he played more for a team in the division below the top flight over there

king Wombat said:
that wasn't the point - the point was that we have spent money on our strikeforce but seem reluctant to spend any money on our defence, and midfield which are in desperate need of strengthening.

Well, we effectively do have a very new classy midfielder in Paul Reid, Dodd's signing allows him to now play in his best position. But it's certainly true that we need a bit more quality in the midfield flank positions, so obviously that's where McGhee will be looking to pick up some astute loan signings sooner or later during the course of the season.

Where I perhaps disagree with you is in the urgency of using what little money we have to improve up front. Frankly, last season showed that this was vital. The defence did well, and the midfield did their job OK, it was just the strikers who disappointed badly so much so that a defender had to ride to their rescue for our goals.

Hammond has also developed well and this will be his first full season as a first-choice midfielder - that's an exciting prospect. And it's still a decent midfield we have if a classy young player like Alexis Nicolas cannot find a starting role in it, which might well be the case when McGhee names his team line-ups for the 3 games next week.

So it's perfectly logical that it is the forward line where McGhee has looked to concentrate on first.

Re. the generalised complaining on this thread about spending six figures on El Turi. Honestly, people really have to take a reality check, even unproven players with some talent potential cost money!

We are not in the financial position to sign proven quality, what we have to do at this club is invest in talented players early in their career, and that's what we've done with Zamora, Knight, Kazza and now El Turi. The money we paid for Kazza already looks a steal. El Turi, we might have to wait a bit to find out because the more technical role he will be asked to play by McGhee is harder for us footballing amateur laymen pundits on NSC to judge. So let's relax and give the new boy plenty of chance to impress before judging.

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
London Irish said:
Where I perhaps disagree with you...

Ohmygawd, are you feeling alright?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
personally, i'm delighted about the signing of el turi. i'm positive they haven't just blown all that money on him on his own and are expecting to get others on free transfers. infact, i think the fact we have paid a fee for him is encouraging as it shows we are willing to spend? we knew el turi was on his way to us and this was in the pipeline when mcghee said that he wanted 5 more players. maybe we have more money to spend on players than some people think. i would love to see 2 new faces (hopefully in addition to blayney and ashby) before the derby game, but one would also be pleasing (especially if hes a winger). however, we can just about compensate for some of the holes in our squad at the moment with some very capable players such as jarrett. i also believe mayo won't do as bad as everyone thinks. if derby lose rasiak and idiakez before our game with them, we have to say that we have a very good chance of getting at least a draw up there. derby have been more than dodgy with their new manager and personally, i don't see why people think we will automatically lose...

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I hink its a brave move and will be a good one. We need a bit of craft and skill upfront. Zammo wasn't tried and tested when a six figure sum was spent on him. We were just lucky to have had him on loan first.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I reckon if we had had our current striking options last season we would have finished without nailbiting end of season we experienced.
True some pre season results look dodgy but DONT PANIC. :ohmy:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Stumpy Tim said:
CKR likes to play behind the front man/men according to reports. He's an AMR on Football Manager, and crap!

I was initially surprised that we spent 6 figures on the Argie, but I didn't know he had played a lot for their U21's, and thought he played more for a team in the division below the top flight over there

He's played for the under 20's, a handful of times (not many) but his striking partner in that team was Maxi Lopez!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here