Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year deal for Turienzo.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gordon the Gopher said:
Perhaps more use could be made of ordinary South American citizens who are making their living in England. With their experience they can teach survival skills to a new arrival, while keeping him in touch with his native culture.

Like if a policeman with a gun shouts stop, stop

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: turienzo

king Wombat said:
According to the official site we payed an undisclosed 6 figure sum for him.

question is...

we have a strikeforce with alot of potential:
Knight,
Robinson
Cola boy
and now Turienzo.

But who the hell is going to create goals for them??

We seem to be raiding the bargain basement for defenders, and haven't signed any midfielders at all.

it worries me a bit..

Did we, I thought he was a free agent, if that's true then McGhee's quote the other day of "we like the look of him but don't know how good he is" is even more shocking
Im concerned we haven't strengthened the midfield. I'm assuming we'll see someone this week and a couple before the end of August but Im not counting on it.
We are still in need of gk , lb , lm + cb . . .i assume 2 of these will be blayney + ashby so we need x2 or at least 1 this week imho

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sneaky George said:
Bit risky to give him 2 years when MM himself said, " we don't know how good he is ." Let's hope he's not another Molango..

I was more suprised by the six-figure fee personally.

Although, I guess we should take that as encouragement.

We wouldn't splash cash on crap, would we? :shrug:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Why have we paid a 6 figure sum for a player who has played in the argentinian league (wow :glare: ) which is the equilavent to league 2, he played once against Lewes who aren't the best team in the world by any stretch of an insane persons imagination and didn't score, has trained twice and have only seen a video of him and do you really think they are going to send a video with any of his bad moments em...... no
:angry: :angry:

We could have got a proven (maybe a little old), english experienced goalscorer.

What is going on
:angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Argentinian league is the equivilant of League Two? :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
O Lads said:
Why have we paid a 6 figure sum for a player who has played in the argentinian league (wow :glare: ) which is the equilavent to league 2, he played once against Lewes who aren't the best team in the world by any stretch of an insane persons imagination and didn't score, has trained twice and have only seen a video of him and do you really think they are going to send a video with any of his bad moments em...... no
:angry: :angry:

We could have got a proven (maybe a little old), english experienced goalscorer.

What is going on
:angry:

1058.75p is a six figure sum :)

If it is the deal which is six figures (ie inc. two years wages) then we wouldn't have found a proven striker wanting wages of less than that over two years.

I will reserve judgement until I have seen him play (hopefully tonight)

Last edited:

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Six figure sum?? When I saw him at Lewes I didn't think he was any better than McPhee. I do hope MM is a better judge than I am.
Time will tell. :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Curious Orange said:
Expect to see Knight playing on the left a lot this season (again).
Robinson's been used on the wing more than Knight this pre season.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
gazwag said:
1058.75p is a six figure sum :)

If it is the deal which is six figures (ie inc. two years wages) then we wouldn't have found a proven striker wanting wages of less than that over two years.

I will reserve judgement until I have seen him play (hopefully tonight)

Not playing tonight, does not have international clearance. It will not include the wages either it will be the transfer fee. Which to me is a f***ing waste of good money for someone who mcghee says, 'i like the look of him, but i dont know how good he is'

If we can afford to pay 100000k +, why are we stalling over 50k for Blayney?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
So we pay a 6? figure sum on another forward player who we don't know how good he is yet we quibble over a vital position like the goalie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here