Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year deal for Turienzo.

I was impressed with him at Lewes. He's strong, he can hold the ball up and he won a penalty through a combination of skillful ball control and guile.

Any player that we can afford comes with an element of risk. But I reckon McGhee has made a good move on this occasion.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Can't believe people are whinging about paying a transfer fee! MM's comment was that we don't know just how good he will be, an honest statement. The club are DELIGHTED to have signed Turienzo - they think the've found a bargain. He's a multi capped Argie under 20 international and played in the south american champions league !

MM is no mug, look how quick Sancho, Berthe and Jack where out the door.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Doom & Gloom ra ra ra ra

Im prepared to accept the providence of Brady & Boniek who were 2 of the worlds greatest ever players.

If they think he is class then im prepared to believe them.

We do not pay for players often but when we do we have tended to get our moneys worth.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Rusthall Seagull said:
Did he not get the permit in time? Any ideas of who is playing?
Albion: (4-4-2) Sullivan, El-Abd, Elphick, Elphick, Lynch; Robinson, Carey, Fraser, Jarrett; McCammon, McPhee.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
y2dave said:
Can't believe people are whinging about paying a transfer fee! MM's comment was that we don't know just how good he will be, an honest statement. The club are DELIGHTED to have signed Turienzo - they think the've found a bargain. He's a multi capped Argie under 20 international and played in the south american champions league !

MM is no mug, look how quick Sancho, Berthe and Jack where out the door.

that wasn't the point - the point was that we have spent money on our strikeforce but seem reluctant to spend any money on our defence, and midfield which are in desperate need of strengthening.

It is possible that we will players to fill these positions but it looks like that we're trying to get freebies ie Ashby, Fish.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Albion: (4-4-2) Sullivan, El-Abd, Elphick, Elphick, Lynch; Robinson, Carey, Fraser, Jarrett; McCammon, McPhee.

Just wondering who is Fraser, is he from the youth team

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Brighton till i die said:
f*** sake - how many of u lot are f***ing managers at this level - NONE!

so leave the f***ing signing to MM and just come along on Saturday and cheer the new boy!

raaaaaaaa:rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Monday, 1 August, 2005, 16:04 GMT 17:04 UK
Brighton complete Turienzo deal
Brighton have signed Argentine striker Federico Turienzo on a two-year deal.
Turienzo, 22, moves to the Withdean for an undisclosed six-figure fee but is still awaiting international clearance before he can pull on a Brighton shirt.

Boss Mark McGhee said: "He is a bit of a gamble, but we've seen him play, we've seen him training, and we've seen a video of him and we're impressed."

Chairman Dick Knight added: "Federico comes with good credentials and on the recommendation of people we respect."

"He's an exciting prospect, but Albion fans should not expect too much too soon.

"The player has to settle into an entirely new culture, learn the language and get used to the pace and toughness of the English game.

"Coming from a country renound for producing thrilling attackers, he's an investment for the future and shows how far this club has come in recent years."

Turienzo added: "This is a wonderful challenge for me, I like the city, the people in the club and I look forward to repaying Brighton's faith in me by helping them to progress in the Championship."

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Have to say i'm a bit shocked about the six figure fee sum!!!

Not exactly clear who is getting this fee?

Big gamble but I trust McGhee. Good luck to the lad, must be hard to come to a new country when you don't speak the langauge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here