Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Test: South Africa v England at Centurion, Dec 16-20, 2009

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Prior holes out off Harris, hitting it straight to the one fielder in the deep :nono:

211-6... perhaps that's why Broad at 7 would be a bad idea?

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Poor from Prior but that was all about pressure, only 4 runs from 30 odd balls, but he should have stuck it out. I really struggle to see how Harris gets any wickets, he is the new Giles, hardly ever turns a ball. Bell's shot was absolutely woeful.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
50 up for Colly, need him to get a ton

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The great Aussie sides were so good at turning a 217-6 into a 380 / 390 all out. We need to be able to get to at least 300 from this position.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
And Harris flipping turned one !!! A moment to savour. Need Broad and Swanny to be aggresive and maybe get 30 odd each or maybe one get 50 to stay in touch in this game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Broad and Swann are at least playing their shots against Harris. I think they'll try and score runs quickly which is probably our best chance of getting within 100 of their total.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Unbelievably bad at times this morning. What Ian Bell was thinking I don't know. It hit Middle stump ffs. Totally Village. Decision not to play 5 bowlers looks worse by the minute.

Prior is great when 350 is on the board but not who you want walking in when we have little more than 200. Not the most patient of blokes as his 'f*** this, I'm going to twat it shot' illustrated.

At least Swann and Broad are making a fight of it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
another MESS of the review system, why they;ve introduced it I'll never know! RUBBISH!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
another MESS of the review system, why they;ve introduced it I'll never know! RUBBISH!

There should certainly be a time limit on makng the decision to go to review. And if they took advice from the dressing room that should not be allowed.

However...Broad was clearly out LBW.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
There should certainly be a time limit on makng the decision to go to review. And if they took advice from the dressing room that should not be allowed.

However...Broad was clearly out LBW.

Nasser was moaning about Broad refusing to budge on the pitch, then he got the rules and NO advice/signal from the dressing room is allowed and the decidion must be instant, i.e. alot faster than the half a minute it took for SA to ask for it.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I can see us conceding a 140+ lead, Swann taking 5 or 6 wickets, restricting SA to 200ao for a (relatively) tight finish. Then a collapse to lose by 150+!

Will Ian Bell get another chance after this tour? He'll need a 50 at least in the 2nd innings to stay in the team for sure...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here