Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Test: South Africa v England at Centurion, Dec 16-20, 2009

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I love Swann. Every single appearance or interview of him and he endears himself further. A shame that he was ignored completely by the previous regimes. Maybe didn't quite fit into the old boys club, perhaps?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Indeed.

317/8 - We're still 101 runs behind though, but these are CRUCIAL runs...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I love Swann. Every single appearance or interview of him and he endears himself further. A shame that he was ignored completely by the previous regimes. Maybe didn't quite fit into the old boys club, perhaps?

His attitude is great - he's a funny guy, the team obviously love him and he plays without the doom and gloom a lot of players seem to have when they're under pressure at the highest level...

It's not like he was a complete stand-out county player - he has just adapted well at test level. Bell on the other hand (and others before him - Ramps, Hick etc) are awesome at county level and then fail when the pressure's on.

Just goes to show how much of it is in the head.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The body language of the fielding team is interesting. They've gone from being pissed off that the batsmen aren't getting themselves out to suddenly realising that they've played themselves in and will have to be "thought out" like any more capable batsman. Anderson has lived dangerously but apart from the odd swish, hasn't really taken an unreasonable risk. Swann is playing like he should bat at number 6.

larus

Some commentary from cricifo .... :)

---------------------
"Your commentary is pathetic, biased, simplistic, frought with cliches and not in the least bit informative or entertaining. In the future please refrain from your pathetic attempts at witty banter and focus on providing us with timely information as to the proceedings!" says Terry, who is clearly a bitter Bok who doesn't like what he's seeing in the slightest...

Swann, meanwhile, has his highest score in Tests, and here comes Ntini to end this stand

---------------------
Nothing as good as winding up the Aussies or Saffers...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
herring600.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not like he was a complete stand-out county player - he has just adapted well at test level. Bell on the other hand (and others before him - Ramps, Hick etc) are awesome at county level and then fail when the pressure's on.

Just goes to show how much of it is in the head.

Fair point, although I think his first class average for both batting and bowling should have put him in the frame much earlier, especially as we have had some second rate spinners in the team for a long while.

Swann is on his highest test score and I think Jimmy's highest score is in the early 30s. It won't last for long.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He's now closing in on a better average than Cook!

I do hope he's not out when all of this comes to an end - hopely some time after the 450 comes up!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here