Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Test: South Africa v England at Centurion, Dec 16-20, 2009

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cock :angry:

Not a great fan of the referral system.

I think it is a good idea to give it to the batsman; so that if he gets a stinker of a decision he can get it looked at. However the problem is that it is being used by the fielding side in an attempt to overturn marginal decisions, rather than miscarriages of justice. There is also the shameful gamesmanship of the last man out using a review, just because he has one left to use, when there is no doubt that he's out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
there's not an Englishman on the field of play now Cook has gone.

The Saffers are bowling to the Saffers batting

oohh ! bitter ! can we check your DNA to prove you are pure enough to post on this matter ?:lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
there's not an Englishman on the field of play now Cook has gone.

The Saffers are bowling to the Saffers batting

not quite. Cricinfo has pointed out that Paul Harris was born in Zimbabwe (or Rhodesia as it was then) so there are only 12 SA-born players on the pitch.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
not quite. Cricinfo has pointed out that Paul Harris was born in Zimbabwe (or Rhodesia as it was then) so there are only 12 SA-born players on the pitch.
It is vaguely amusing that 3 of the 4 batsmen at the top of the order are all of SA descent, and the one who is English born is actually a bit shithouse.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Trott - that was a shocking shot on an unpredictable wicket :angry:

3 down for 119... still 299 behind and heading for trouble.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
It looks to be an uphill task to get near the South African score, uneven bounce saw end of Strauss and cannot help but feel it may well do for others, going to be a test of application i think

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It looks to be an uphill task to get near the South African score, uneven bounce saw end of Strauss and cannot help but feel it may well do for others, going to be a test of application i think
Indeed, I'd take a patient 330 from this position, as long as those runs take a long time to come.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pieterson fucks me off.

If i hear one person say 'oh that's just the way he plays' then I'll scream. Too many times has he got in and looked good and then got out playing a stupid impatient shot.

Bell and Colly need to bat out a few hours.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pieterson fucks me off.

If i hear one person say 'oh that's just the way he plays' then I'll scream. Too many times has he got in and looked good and then got out playing a stupid impatient shot.

Bell and Colly need to bat out a few hours.
I said the same during the ashes. The thing is, his batting average speaks for itself. It's just that his impatience marks him out as a good player rather than a great one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Looking at the replay, it's even worse... it was a straight ball, left arm round, no turn at all, which hit middle and off. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here