Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1M Fee agreed for Zamora.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still don't follow, why do Palace have to agree terms with Palace?? Is this some sort of secret inbred ritual ?:)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
:ohmy: :angry: :censored: Once they cross THAT line thats it for me.:censored:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I predict mass burning of blue and white tops with 25 on the back. I know this sort of shameful crossing over has happened before with players between us and Palace but I can't think of an example of one where the player is still considered a legend by a majority of the former club's fans. If true it just proves that the depth of rivalry is only really felt by fans and a tiny number of players and staff. It's all about the wedge.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Hungry Joe said:
I predict mass burning of blue and white tops with 25 on the back. I know this sort of shameful crossing over has happened before with players between us and Palace but I can't think of an example of one where the player is still considered a legend by a majority of the former club's fans. If true it just proves that the depth of rivalry is only really felt by fans and a tiny number of players and staff. It's all about the wedge.
He's a West Ham fan isnt he?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
From Palace's point of view, paying £1million for a player who has struggled at the last two clubs he has played for does seem a gamble.

Still suspect that Bobby enjoys the lifestyle, but is reluctant to put in the extra effort to make it at the top level. He is simply not in love with football enough.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Well done Pissass posters,i'm wound up:angry:

This has the signs of either a well thought-out,orchestrated,organised wind-up assault , or .............................absolute disaster.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
eagles #1 said:
He's a West Ham fan isnt he?

He is indeed but that's not the point as you well know. He's a Brighton legend who could be going to our arch rivals. I doubt Andy Johnson supports your lot but how would the average Palace fan feel about him signing for us? (sensible answer please rather than "he'd never sign for you bunch of ****'s etc)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wouldn't pay a million for him.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
binary said:
Certain relegation if he is the AJ replacement.

5-0 revenge next season you south london :tosser: :lolol:

hes not a replacement

word is its a deal is done and he had a medical at Palace today.

Last edited:

madmatt10583

Jan 25, 2005
Hungry Joe said:
He is indeed but that's not the point as you well know. He's a Brighton legend who could be going to our arch rivals. I doubt Andy Johnson supports your lot but how would the average Palace fan feel about him signing for us? (sensible answer please rather than "he'd never sign for you bunch of ****'s etc)
coppell and jolly went to your lot and there palace legends. but aj at brighton? be serious

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
madmatt10583 said:
coppell and jolly went to your lot and there palace legends. but aj at brighton? be serious

It was a hypothetical question and yes, one day when the rightful order is restored and you're below us again, looking up in envy, it could happen.

£1m Palace bid just confirmed on BBC SCR.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fear not Brightonians.

I am pleased to inform you that Phase Three of Operation Zamora is in action.

Phase One was successfully completed - the revitalisation of Brighton & Hove Albion bringing personal glory, adulation and championship medals.

Phase Two is drawing to a close: an unsuccessful spell calculated to lift the spirits of Albion supporters further by convincing them the club had sold at the right time. The introduction of Zamora's 'mini-me' Leon Knight has largely been a success, although he needs some modification to cut out erratic behaviour which sensitive supporters may find insulting..

Now Phase Three. The coup de grace. Bobby will infiltrate Selhurst Park, divertiing the enemy's attention from their desperate need for a prolific goalscorer until it's too late. Crystal Palace will begin their slow slide down the league this summer and, if all goes to plan, will be relegated from The Championship the season after next in a decisive game at Falmer.

Zamora, of course, will score the winning goal for Brighton having been hounded out of South London by the illiterate masses.

Alternatively.... burn the shirt.

:nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Hungry Joe said:
If true it just proves that the depth of rivalry is only really felt by fans and a tiny number of players and staff. It's all about the wedge.

In fairness to Zamora, he only ever played for Albion against Palace once, didn't he? And that was in the 0-5 drubbing at Selhurst Park. Is he likely to feel the depth of the rivalry under such circumstances? And is the rivalry actually as deep as it used to be anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here