Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1M Fee agreed for Zamora.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
He looked pretty useful when playing in the lower leagues with BHA but has done nothing since joining West Ham - but then they do have Alan Pardew as manager....

He must be worth a punt for a million and if anyone can get something out of him then it will be Iain Dowie.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Laughing Bluebird said:
In fairness to Zamora, he only ever played for Albion against Palace once, didn't he? And that was in the 0-5 drubbing at Selhurst Park. Is he likely to feel the depth of the rivalry under such circumstances? And is the rivalry actually as deep as it used to be anyway?
twice , the 0-0 game aswell (i think)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The Bobster needs confidence and service. He was given both at the Albion. But it's harder the further up the Leagues you go. If anyone can - Dowie can Good luck Bobby. Just not against us.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Stinky Kat said:
I cant remember him at the 0.5, Marney was playing though

Zamora was up front with Barrett. Marney replaced Barrett for the last quarter of an hour.

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
How do you know all this stuff TLB? I wouldn't have a clue about any other teams results, player info etc. God knows how much stuff you know about Cardiff!

I'll give you a challenge; how did Cardiff do in the Welsh Cup in 1987? I want results and scorers please. I'm timing you!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
How do you know all this stuff TLB? I wouldn't have a clue about any other teams results, player info etc. God knows how much stuff you know about Cardiff! I'll give you a challenge; how did Cardiff do in the Welsh Cup in 1987? I want results and scorers please. I'm timing you!

86/87 or 87/88?

We won the Welsh Cup in 87/88. Beat Wrexham 2-0 in the final at the Vetch Field. Alan Curtis scored one of the goals, an absolute belter, I think Kevin Bartlett got the other.

86/87 I'm not so sure about, but we didn't win it. I think Shrewsbury did. I'm in work so I haven't got my reference books handy.

Most info, such as the Zamora stuff, is easy to find on the net. I use www.soccerbase.com for general info.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Aah Soccerbase! The source of much of my football knowledge as well. THE place to go when you want to find out Wolves results from 1983 to 1987.

I must have meant 1986/87. Probably was Shrewsbury, haven't they won quite a few Welsh Cups?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Zamora was up front with Barrett. Marney replaced Barrett for the last quarter of an hour.

Once Marney came on Palace could not score any more, he really tightened it up and this was after brooker got sent off. I can remember some things. We were total toilet that day

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
I predict mass burning of blue and white tops with 25 on the back. I know this sort of shameful crossing over has happened before with players between us and Palace but I can't think of an example of one where the player is still considered a legend by a majority of the former club's fans. If true it just proves that the depth of rivalry is only really felt by fans and a tiny number of players and staff. It's all about the wedge.

Simon Rodger got a fantastic ovation when he came on as a sub for us at Selhurst. Mind you were 4 or 5 down by then so I suppose they felt sorry for him!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I doubt very much it'll be £1m upfront. Payed in installments, apps etc.

As some of you said if anyone can kick him into gear it's ID.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to the BBC both The Times and The Mirror say that a £1million fee has been agreed.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
harold robbins said:
Simon Rodger got a fantastic ovation when he came on as a sub for us at Selhurst. Mind you were 4 or 5 down by then so I suppose they felt sorry for him!
Steve Coppell is a legend! :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
I must have meant 1986/87. Probably was Shrewsbury, haven't they won quite a few Welsh Cups?

It's coming back to me now. 86/87 was the season that the great Merthyr side of the mid-Eighties beat Newport County 1-0 in the final. The final was at Ninian. I can't remember who beat us though. It might have actually been Merthyr.

Merthyr beat Atalanta 2-1 at Penydarren Park in the ECWC the following season., but went out 3-2 on aggregate.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
21/5/1987
Ninian Park, Cardiff
Welsh Cup Final (Replay)

Merthyr Tydil 1 (Baird PEN, 4)
Newport County 0

Att: 6,010

Thanks to RSSSF, THE source for all foreign football stats.

Your lot lost 1-0 to WREXHAM. You thus missed out on a quarter final clash with Brymbo Steelworks.

(Have they stopped talking about that 5-0 game yet?)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Brixtaan said:
Well done Pissass posters,i'm wound up:angry:

This has the signs of either a well thought-out,orchestrated,organised wind-up assault , or .............................absolute disaster.

Why?

He left us ages ago and as far as I'm concerned he's now just one of many ex-Albion players who've moved on and when he comes up against us in the future-he'll get as much stick from me as all the other players on the opposing team..

So he might go to Phalarse? No big deal really. Think of the stick he'll get from the crowd if he doesn't do too well in his first few games.....

Personally, I no longer give a shit where he goes-I've moved on, as has he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here