Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1M Fee agreed for Zamora.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I agree with this guy now.........

I'm of a mixed opinion.

Yes, he's not played well these last few years. However, its not easy when you don't get a decent run in the team. For instance, Pardew dropped Zamora after he scored the 2 goals against Wolves a week ago, to accomodate Sheringham and Harewood I believe. If AJ was dropped after scoring 2, we'd all wonder what on earth was going on.

We know that Zamora has pace, he showed it when he ran through on goal against us at Cardiff. But we have to remember that, against us, he seemed shot of all confidence, and severly under pressure. His dive attempt and pretty feeble shot showed that. Pardew was willing to play West Hams top scorer on the wing in order to allow Zamora to play as a striker.

I think this lack of confidence has followed him around, he had imense pressure at Spurs, as the solution to all their problems. He wasn't the instant fix that Spurs were looking for.

At West Ham he was expected to fill Defoe's boots. We all know how good a player Defoe is, and many players would struggle to do that.

I think Dowie has improved AJ by around 50% or more. His finishing, his workrate, his fitness and his strenght have improved under Dowie's tutelage. If Dowie can improve Zamora certain aspects of Zamora's game, mainly his confidence, I would say we'd have a good player on our hands. You can't compare BZ to Kaviedes or Torghelle, as both players will have found it a struggle to settle into England, with the cultural differences, the language barrier and the different game. Zamora won't have those difficulties.

As I said earlier in this thread, it really is his last chance. He fails here, he'll regret it, as I doubt he'll get many more chances. He's got to show hunger and desire ((c)Dowie) to succeed, but we can give him that.

Of course, he might not sign. In which case, ignore this post.

Give Zamora a chance.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BZ is quite a complex character. There was an interview with Dave Beasant two years ago when he was playing for us, and Beasant said that Bobby has the ability, but not the desire to make it at the top. He prefers his music to football, and has a crafty cigarette on the quiet.

In the Prem today the difference between success and failure is measured in centimetres rather than yards, and I suspect, regrettably, that Bobby's attitude will prevent him attaining his potential. As a player, he is most similar to Stan Collymore, i.e. pace and strength, good shot from distance, excellent close control, but not as good in the air as you would expect from a tall player. He may go the same way as Stan off the pitch too though, and that is the gamble Palace are taking.

nomad

Jan 3, 2005
all over the place
i remmber working at the tarining gorund behind the bar where they bought their food - he seemed a bot more interested in f***ing about than chilling out like the rest of the players did.

He did wind up the lady chef that we had in though whiahc was quite funny ;)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Daily Mail today says that Zamora is more keen on a move to Reading than Palace to link up with Coppell.

We will not spend £1m on him though, thats for sure. £500k tops...

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Judas, never move to a previous clubs rivals. He'd be hated by us as well :angry:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
brighton rock said:
i think he will go to reading still

We're definitely in the market for Zamora, judging by the ridiculous amount of press coverage and even Coppell saying that he wants him but we haven't bidded.

I wonder what we'd do with the others now that Goater doesn't want to go out on loan...

Forster Kitson Ferdinand Goater Owusu Morgan and Savage... AND Zamora?! Can't see it myself... Unless Coppell works out a way to get rid of one or two then Zamora will not come here (sadly IMO).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I dont think that'll happen

Ordinarily I would agree BAG, take the reception he got at Upton Park from us, but it doesn't sit easily this Palace thing, I am not sure i could 'root' for him as I did while he was at Spurs and Wh, ie looking to see if he scored etc etc.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
I'm with eagles #1 - BZ has had the misfortune to play for average managers since he left us - Dowie is a bloody good manager, and he could get the best out of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here