Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] 1970's ornaments.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stop reminding me of work Tom [emoji38]ol: some people still have bathrooms like this one.

Is that carpet on the floor and the bath panel? :ohmy:
I prefer pint or yellow

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Not forgetting some ornament storage

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The rented flat my partner and I lived in before we bought our current place had carpeted bathrooms when we moved out 18 months ago.

It was my first and last experience of them - awful idea, god knows how it ever caught on.

I have no excuse as ours was laid back in 1986 after we'd had a whole new bathroom put in, the fun and games that followed are listed below.

1. Our cats decided as we used the bathroom they would as well and proceeded to 'christen' the carpet when they felt like it.

2. Couldn't get rid of cat piss smell, so decided to fit new carpet and try and keep cats out of the bathroom.

3. No need to pay a carpet fitter to lay it, B & Q sell it on the roll in a myriad of colours, I can buy a length then use the old carpet as a stencil and draw round it then cut it out, job done!

4. Laid new carpet on the floor (pile facing down) put old carpet on top of it, drew round the outline, cut it out, then realised I'd put the old carpet on it facing the wrong way (pile facing up)

5. Bought new length of carpet, again, and cut and fitted it correctly this time, result!

6. Fast forward about 6 weeks, slipped getting into bath, resulting tidal wave flooded and soaked new carpet, 2 days trying to dry it on the washing line.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not so much an ornament but how iconic is this?

B016AD7C-AAF2-48AB-91AD-3A60D735E687.jpeg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have no excuse as ours was laid back in 1986 after we'd had a whole new bathroom put in, the fun and games that followed are listed below.

1. Our cats decided as we used the bathroom they would as well and proceeded to 'christen' the carpet when they felt like it.

2. Couldn't get rid of cat piss smell, so decided to fit new carpet and try and keep cats out of the bathroom.

3. No need to pay a carpet fitter to lay it, B & Q sell it on the roll in a myriad of colours, I can buy a length then use the old carpet as a stencil and draw round it then cut it out, job done!

4. Laid new carpet on the floor (pile facing down) put old carpet on top of it, drew round the outline, cut it out, then realised I'd put the old carpet on it facing the wrong way (pile facing up)

5. Bought new length of carpet, again, and cut and fitted it correctly this time, result!

6. Fast forward about 6 weeks, slipped getting into bath, resulting tidal wave flooded and soaked new carpet, 2 days trying to dry it on the washing line.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

:laugh::laugh:

Number 4-
You had one job! :facepalm: :lolol:

getz

Jan 15, 2010
We were the proud owners of a cream shag pile carpet. Along came children to turn it into gunmetal coloured shag pile. Not one of our best ideas.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
:laugh::laugh:

Number 4-
You had one job! :facepalm: :lolol:

It gets better, Mrs BB wanted a brass coat peg fitted to the bathroom door, in keeping with the other brass fittings in there. No problem dear i'll do that for you. Bought shiny new coat peg and fitted it to the bathroom door, correct level and completely in the middle........................ of the wrong side of the door. Wife comes home from work to find me sanding down the freshly filled holes on the wrong side of the door prior to re-painting it. So fitting the hook ended up taking 2 days including the painting!
:lolol::lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It gets better, Mrs BB wanted a brass coat peg fitted to the bathroom door, in keeping with the other brass fittings in there. No problem dear i'll do that for you. Bought shiny new coat peg and fitted it to the bathroom door, correct level and completely in the middle........................ of the wrong side of the door. Wife comes home from work to find me sanding down the freshly filled holes on the wrong side of the door prior to re-painting it. So fitting the hook ended up taking 2 days including the painting!
:lolol::lolol:

Easy mistake, should have left it there and told her she didn't specify which side of the door the hook was going. :lol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Laid new carpet on the floor (pile facing down) put old carpet on top of it, drew round the outline, cut it out, then realised I'd put the old carpet on it facing the wrong way (pile facing up)

It gets better, Mrs BB wanted a brass coat peg fitted to the bathroom door, in keeping with the other brass fittings in there. No problem dear i'll do that for you. Bought shiny new coat peg and fitted it to the bathroom door, correct level and completely in the middle........................ of the wrong side of the door.

:lolol: :lolol:

Please tell me you're not a surgeon or a pilot or something similar.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hqdefault.jpg

Can't believe this thread has gone 4 pages without one of THESE beauties - the fibre-optic lamp. As a kid, I found it irresistible to waft my fingers through the fibres, resulting in loads of broken ends dropping off into the carpet, which would then get stuck in your feet. Resulting in a severe bollocking from my mum.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ahead of its time, lots of sport and competition cars have flat bottomed wheels, good leg clearance for comfort. The original concept and design for the All Agro was pretty cool, even today. Such a shame it got given to the worst car manufacturer in the world, ever.View attachment 124570

View attachment 124571

My dad was a British Leyland Dealer, but sold Morrises.

I remember how we laughed at the awful Austin Allegro.

When we could offer the Punter's Morris Marinas! :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZ7eyyyViw

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people, I go out for a few hours and you've completely lost your focus.

How can posters and cars make it here before:-

s-l400.jpg

Get with the programme :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here