Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 / corporate not what its cracked up to be

Jan 30, 2008
my mrs attended the game on saturday as the company she works for has a corporate facility
came back a bit disappointed to be truthful thought the prices were a bit steep £14 FOR TWO PINTS OF BITTER TOP ??? tea and coffee out of a flask and hostesses standing around twiddling their thumbs :nono:
fair comment ???

£14 for 2 beers sounds wrong. A pint is £3.50/£3.60 or so

Yes, the hot tea and the hot coffee come from flasks, as does the hot water flask for the choice of fruit teas. The queue for the tea is really quite quick and a hostess serving would not really add much value to the process.

The hostesses are hostesses, so are there to respond to enquiries from the members.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
She must have either been overcharged or mistaken about the beer prices, it is the same as elsewhere in the stadium. Probably the former though, as most of the staff behind the bars appear to have never worked in a bar, and quite possibly never actually been in a bar, such is the look of bewilderment when you ask for something like a beer, or a pint, or anything. The are also still struggling to understand the tills and card readers.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I was a guest at 1901 silver for Leeds game. I was rather underwhelmed by it I have to say. Just a lounge bar to have a pint in before during and after the game. Prefer my seat in the East thanks.

Jan 30, 2008
£14 for 2 beers sounds wrong. A pint is £3.50/£3.60 or so

Yes, the hot tea and the hot coffee come from flasks, as does the hot water flask for the choice of fruit teas. The queue for the tea is really quite quick and a hostess serving would not really add much value to the process.

The hostesses are hostesses, so are there to respond to enquiries from the members.
they got charged an extortionate amount for the lemonade which they obviously refused to pay when the drinks were keyed in at the till this was the price that came up ,only passing on information i received, my Mrs thought rather than waiting for enquiries the hostesses should be a bit more pro active in actually moving around and asking people if things were OK ?

Jan 30, 2008
I was a guest at 1901 silver for Leeds game. I was rather underwhelmed by it I have to say. Just a lounge bar to have a pint in before during and after the game. Prefer my seat in the East thanks.
now my mrs isn't a snob and went along after being encouraged by her work collegues ,but said exactly what you've just said

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
This isn't a dig but what do people expect ? This is a football club, not a country club. What else can people honestly expect ?

Oct 17, 2011
my mrs attended the game on saturday as the company she works for has a corporate facility
came back a bit disappointed to be truthful thought the prices were a bit steep £14 FOR TWO PINTS OF BITTER TOP ??? tea and coffee out of a flask and hostesses standing around twiddling their thumbs :nono:
fair comment ???

The problem with success is all the corperate bollocks that comes with it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On the basis that the 1901 members are paying at least twice the price of the rest of us, I would have thought they would be expecting a modicom of service. I was seriously thinking about 1901 membership but couldn't afford it in the end. I am thinking I made the right choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's quite amusing how most of the little digs about 1901 come from people who aren't actually 1901 ers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
they got charged an extortionate amount for the lemonade which they obviously refused to pay when the drinks were keyed in at the till this was the price that came up ,only passing on information i received, my Mrs thought rather than waiting for enquiries the hostesses should be a bit more pro active in actually moving around and asking people if things were OK ?

They are probably bored 20 year olds from the University on £ 7 an hour. Why should they give a f*** ?. If I was in charge of employment I would firstly look for people who had an interest or support of the club and its best interests first. But they don't and I know that.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
On the basis that the 1901 members are paying at least twice the price of the rest of us, I would have thought they would be expecting a modicom of service. I was seriously thinking about 1901 membership but couldn't afford it in the end. I am thinking I made the right choice.

I am not sure what this lack of service is you're on about. I am more than happy with the service I have received and enjoy the whole experience every time I go. The staff are friendly, the bar staff are new, but they are getting there. The food has been good when I have eaten there and they have taken on baord a few other probelms and they're sorting them out. If it's not for you, that's fine, but I like it and will be back next season.

Jan 30, 2008
It's quite amusing how most of the little digs about 1901 come from people who aren't actually 1901 ers
why is it a dig? , shouldn't this be seen as constructive criticism , oh hold on ,some on here wouldn't have it any other way would they .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
they got charged an extortionate amount for the lemonade which they obviously refused to pay when the drinks were keyed in at the till this was the price that came up

Sounds like the till person hit the only lemonade button on the till that was available to them. Probably isn't a standard 'Bitter Top' till option I'd have thought.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I have 1901 membership and, like others am generally happy with the service / experience.

What I'm much less happy with is how deal seems to have shifted since the initial sales pitch. A major sell at the time was that you would be guaranteed access to your seat for all events held at the stadium (ie including those not managed by the club). Yet for the England U19 game, it seems that you can only use a 1901 lounge if you're prepared to pay the extra for the full hospitality package. If you're not prepared to do this, you pay for a seat elsewhere in the ground like everyone else.

No doubt they've covered their arses in the small-print, but it's not what was initially sold.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
why is it a dig? , shouldn't this be seen as constructive criticism , oh hold on ,some on here wouldn't have it any other way would they .

So, a ridiculous exaggeration about the price of beer and a random comment about staff allegedly twiddling their thumbs is constructive criticism? I have to agree that we should have full blown candelabra out for the half time drinks though, can't believe we are served out of flasks. :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This isn't a dig but what do people expect ? This is a football club, not a country club. What else can people honestly expect ?

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon ?
Sydney Opera House ?
Herds of wildebeast sweeping majestically across the pitch ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here