Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Not really my thing but fair enough if people want to go to a game enjoying 'understated elegance' but no Brighton tops allowed?

Also, priority for away tickets is an argument waiting to happen.

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
I can’t wait for the first high profile away game after Falmer opens, the whining on here is going to be epic :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: :lolol:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Having read the whole thread...I think I will continue to be a STH in the Section where I can wear my jeans, Albion shirt , swear and sing if i like. I have a terrible feeling that as soon as you try and sing or mutter a swear word in the 1901 club. You will get a polite tap on the shoulder telling you that that type of behaviour is not welcome in this area. Just like up at the Arsenal...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having read the whole thread...I think I will continue to be a STH in the Section where I can wear my jeans, Albion shirt , swear and sing if i like. I have a terrible feeling that as soon as you try and sing or mutter a swear word in the 1901 club. You will get a polite tap on the shoulder telling you that that type of behaviour is not welcome in this area. Just like up at the Arsenal...

I don't think that will be the case. Maybe in the platinum area but certainly not in gold where I think almost all is current season ticket holders. And jeans are allowed and I am sure they would look pretty daft banning the stripes.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008

So I presume you wont be in the East stand? No swearing will be alowed there.
Those of you slating T bloom, big shame on you. There would be no stadium with out him, lets get it right here. Your dis-respect and un -gratefulness makes me want to spoon your eyes out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So I presume you wont be in the East stand? No swearing will be alowed there.
Those of you slating T bloom, big shame on you. There would be no stadium with out him, lets get it right here. Your dis-respect and un -gratefulness makes me want to spoon your eyes out.

Yep quite literally there would be no stadium without Tony Bloom, and we would be completely screwed. We are so so lucky to have him.

East Stand will be half family stand so you're right, although some of the things those eight year olds say would make you blush!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see the Platinum and Gold area as being the new glorified Goldstone West Stand. Ardent fans who maybe won't be singing non stop or cursing every questionable ref or lino decision with four letter expletives and maybe like the idea of a decent meal rather than a greasy burger and rancid chips. Football fans come in many guises but I do detect a certain amount of green eye from some on this thread. Live and let live guys

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I see the Platinum and Gold area as being the new glorified Goldstone West Stand. Ardent fans who maybe won't be singing non stop or cursing every questionable ref or lino decision

You mean there were ardent fans in the West Stand? :ohmy:

I always assumed it was a mural. Doh! :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is that worth £1,000 plus more than double the amount the rest of us will pay?

I've just been up to see this 1901 club and was impressed. You say that is it worth it as it will be double say a ST, but that is on the assumption we stay in the same division.

Those in the 1901 club have their seat for either 5 years (£500) or for life (£1000), and then for Gold £76 +VAT per month guaranteed for 5 years.

Hull did the same thing when they first opened their new stadium, and their equivalent 1901 club members were laughing, because Premiership season tickets are now more than what they've originally signed into.

Plus the package includes all friendlies and cup games and a programme (say 50 x £3 = £150 in itself).

Say an average of 6 cup games a season 6 x £25 = £150. You've racked up £300 on top of your season ticket at £500. All of a sudden, Gold 1901 members are only paying £200 a season more - and that is at League One prices. Chuck a promotion in and the current 1901 deal looks very attractive.:thumbsup:

But still too expensive for me. I have a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old, so I'll be happy in the family stand I think. Kids just don't make sense in the 1901 as they are paying full price, it then works out very expensive.

But those that are moaning that the 1901 is for the 'rich' etc. do your sums, and over a period of time, say 5 or 10 years, it could prove to be excellent value.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But those that are moaning that the 1901 is for the 'rich' etc. do your sums, and over a period of time, say 5 or 10 years, it could prove to be excellent value.

I am not sure anyone is really saying its for the rich. there are arguments people are putting forward regarding corporates/cash availability ( or in one case "benefits" availability) that sort of thing.

So you will pay £500 for 5 years debenture ( or £1000 for life) and then £902 + Vat for your seat. Well that is fine and dandy, but lets say we don't have 5 cup games a year ( not many attend JPT anyway) and they may all be away, then lets say a ST is £500, there is quite a difference between £500 and £902 +vat. ( say £1000ish) So you could be paying double what a standard ST is paying for a decent seat and a bar ( and presumably the meals are not free?).

If people want to speand that then all power to their elbows ( and wallets)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Say an average of 6 cup games a season 6 x £25 = £150.

I think that 6 is rather optimistic. Assuming they were all at home that would put us in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Oh and I have ignored the JPT and Carling as apparently we are not interested in playing in those, so nobody would attend anyway.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is £902 +VAT v £500 based on a League One season ticket price. What will a season ticket be in a couple of seasons if we go up?

As I said it is probably too expensive for me as well, but a lot appear to be classifying this area as 'corporate' where actually it is from what I've seen of the yellow dots in the sales office (which represent existing ST holders etc. that have taken up 1901) that most of this area will be 'true' fans who have chosen to effectively invest a wedge at the start of the Falmer adventure.

You mention few cup runs, but you seem to be considering the Albion staying in the same position they've been in recent years. What I was trying to say is that if the players do start to come and be attracted by the new facilities, if promotion is achieved at some point, if cup runs do become a little more frequent, then those 1901 members will probably have saved some money over 5 years.

A lot of 'if's, but you would have to consider all of that when putting the value of the scheme in context.

The club will also sell your seats free of charge for any games you cannot make. What I'm trying to say is that it's really not double a normal ST in the long run. It might be more than double if we were to go down, but will be great value if promoted.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think that 6 is rather optimistic. Assuming they were all at home that would put us in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Oh and I have ignored the JPT and Carling as apparently we are not interested in playing in those, so nobody would attend anyway.

Optimistic indeed, especially if we are in the Championship. In the three seasons we spent in that league recently we only had one home cup tie each season. The last four seasons in League One we have had 2, 7, 4 and 5 home cup ties (average 4.5 per season) and 5, 4, 3 and 4 away cup ties (average 4 per season).

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
East Terrace at the Goldstone 1965 - 1997 ; Odd visit to Priestfield 1997-1999 ; STH South Stand, Withdean 1999 - 2011, in the wet, the cold and the very cramped... My time has come... Platinum Seat, Amex Stadium 2011 - R.I.P... and bloody proud of it!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is £902 +VAT v £500 based on a League One season ticket price. What will a season ticket be in a couple of seasons if we go up?

As I said it is probably too expensive for me as well, but a lot appear to be classifying this area as 'corporate' where actually it is from what I've seen of the yellow dots in the sales office (which represent existing ST holders etc. that have taken up 1901) that most of this area will be 'true' fans who have chosen to effectively invest a wedge at the start of the Falmer adventure.

You mention few cup runs, but you seem to be considering the Albion staying in the same position they've been in recent years. What I was trying to say is that if the players do start to come and be attracted by the new facilities, if promotion is achieved at some point, if cup runs do become a little more frequent, then those 1901 members will probably have saved some money over 5 years.

A lot of 'if's, but you would have to consider all of that when putting the value of the scheme in context.

The club will also sell your seats free of charge for any games you cannot make. What I'm trying to say is that it's really not double a normal ST in the long run. It might be more than double if we were to go down, but will be great value if promoted.

I hear what you are saying and dont disagree per se.. I personally think it would be highly unlikely that if we were promoted to the Championship that ST's would increase by 100% ie say £500 to £1000, Yes the gap would probably decrease between 1901 and normal ST's ( BTW is the £70 odd guaranteed to remain at that for the length of your 5 year 1901 membership or will it go up during that time?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here