Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

But if you are paying extra for access to the restaurant, you are going to be pretty peeved if you can't get a meal.

Part of the package includes a meal before the game does it not?
No. But the package does include the opportunity to get access to the opportunity to buy a meal.

At least in the other stands we WILL get access to the pie queue. Even if we miss out on the atmosphere of understated elegance.

In all seriousness, I thought Ed was far, far better than this. Just because an option does tempt you, why continually sneer at it? Pathetic in my book. THPP's comment was the most sensible post on this thread.
I'm not sneering at anyone who has bought the package. I am genuinely concerned that the Club is overselling what is on offer.

It may be that they are simply victims of a failure to estimate accurately what the demand would be. But, if that is the case, they need to do something about it. Simply carrying on, trying to sell more premium seats, isn't the answer. However much money it brings in.

I'm not sneering at anyone who has bought the package. I am genuinely concerned that the Club is overselling what is on offer.

It may be that they are simply victims of a failure to estimate accurately what the demand would be. But, if that is the case, they need to do something about it. Simply carrying on, trying to sell more premium seats, isn't the answer. However much money it brings in.
The club are selling the package with the proviso that the fine dining options need booking in advance and are not guaranteed. And that there is a smart casual dress code in place. And that there are several bars and lounges (16 in total from memory) that are available only to 1901 members. I do not see how this is overselling, misselling or whatever you want to call it. The plan was always that there were 2000 seats available for 1901 club membership. There are many bars and lounges to cater for this number. Gold members are informed that if there are places available in platinum dining, they will be emailed with 48 hours notice and be able to book. This is no Mickey Mouse marketing operation and to suggest it is is an insult to a very successful businessman.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The club are selling the package with the proviso that the fine dining options need booking in advance and are not guaranteed. And that there is a smart casual dress code in place. And that there are several bars and lounges (16 in total from memory) that are available only to 1901 members. I do not see how this is overselling, misselling or whatever you want to call it. The plan was always that there were 2000 seats available for 1901 club membership. There are many bars and lounges to cater for this number. Gold members are informed that if there are places available in platinum dining, they will be emailed with 48 hours notice and be able to book. This is no Mickey Mouse marketing operation and to suggest it is is an insult to a very successful businessman.

having known ed for many years and especially his work with Falmer For All and the original planning applications etc, I would defer to his views. If he has a concern, then I think we all should take note.

can you remind us exactly what you did for the club in its hour of need, apart from flouncing and "clearing your cookies"?

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
having known ed for many years and especially his work with Falmer For All and the original planning applications etc, I would defer to his views. If he has a concern, then I think we all should take note.

can you remind us exactly what you did for the club in its hour of need, apart from flouncing and "clearing your cookies"?

Move on cocker..........

Apart from raising thousands of pounds through DVD sales and the usual marches/balloons/petitions/attendance at public enquries etc. etc., what the hell does that have to do with anything? Ed is querying how 2000 1901 members will fit in a 500 seat and 600 seat venue. As someone who has been provided with the full details as part of making a decision to spend money, I have provided rebuttal.

Let's not get personal about this.

I haven't seen the full presentation on the 1901 Club. My information is based on what I have seen - and there isn't much available publicly, since the marketing approach has been to invite tranches of supporters to make contact with the Club if they want to find out more.

Inevitably, this means that information spills out slowly - from individuals who have seen what the rest of us haven't.

I asked a question about the dress code. This thread has provided an informed answer.

I asked a second question about the capacity of the dining facilities to feed the premium ticket holders. TGC has now said that "that the fine dining options need booking in advance and are not guaranteed". That answers that question. It's not what is suggested by the information that is in the public arena, where the implication is that access to the dining areas comes automatically with the package.

But, if what is on offer to premium ticket holders is what they want, then fine.

The only thing that I think is WRONG is the idea that premium ticket holders might have priority over other season ticket holders for tickets for 'high priority' away games. But there may be time for the Club to review that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good grief I really can't believe this thread. Those of us that have subscribed to 1901 have done so for our own reasons, those that haven't have made their choice. What is there to argue about? ???:facepalm::shrug:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Even the pie queue will be eliminated at Falmer.

[yt]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACkXf50w70w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACkXf50w70w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think perhaps the concern here is more those that will be just standard STH seem to be left out at present as the club is trying to raise revenue.

Hopefully STHs will be dealt with next and shown what is on offer and how good it will be however if some prick is trying to sell me understated elegance they can go and do one

Let's not get personal about this.

I haven't seen the full presentation on the 1901 Club. My information is based on what I have seen - and there isn't much available publicly, since the marketing approach has been to invite tranches of supporters to make contact with the Club if they want to find out more.

Inevitably, this means that information spills out slowly - from individuals who have seen what the rest of us haven't.

I asked a question about the dress code. This thread has provided an informed answer.

I asked a second question about the capacity of the dining facilities to feed the premium ticket holders. TGC has now said that "that the fine dining options need booking in advance and are not guaranteed". That answers that question. It's not what is suggested by the information that is in the public arena, where the implication is that access to the dining areas comes automatically with the package.

But, if what is on offer to premium ticket holders is what they want, then fine.

The only thing that I think is WRONG is the idea that premium ticket holders might have priority over other season ticket holders for tickets for 'high priority' away games. But there may be time for the Club to review that.
If your intention wasn't to sneer then I apologise but that was how I read the tone of your posts. Like Giraffe, I really don't see what people are getting so worked up about. We haven't sold our souls to the devil. And yet you get umpteen people making presumptions about prawn sandwiches, previous background, prediliction for swearing, not being proper supporters etc. It is a seat at a football ground. End of story.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Good grief I really can't believe this thread. Those of us that have subscribed to 1901 have done so for our own reasons, those that haven't have made their choice. What is there to argue about? ???:facepalm::shrug:

Exactly.

Really cant see what all the hoo-hah is about.

If 2,000 BHA fans out of 22,500 want to pay for an upgraded service - what's the problem ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here