Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - Your thoughts so far?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Club have a set of senior mgt below TB that appear extremely sensitive to any type of criticism (I've had experience of this, so I know what I'm talking about as do hundreds of others) regardless of how assertive or passive you are when making a point. It's taken as a personal afront, akin to telling off someone elses child in public because they're being an utter nuisance: the parents reprimand you for having the gall, rather than their little brat.

They may have delivered a nice shiny new stadium but are sadly lacking in the CS quarter and this is the latest example. A lot of the top echlons are not BHA fans but businessmen and woman. Arguably some aren't even football fans. And I think this may lie behind the apparent indifference towards supporter injustices like this.

It seems that legal address is the only way to get a response (why haven't the club even replied to him?) so if that's what this fans decided to do then the club will have to answer him. And he'd have hundreds of people's support. Mine included.

Perhaps this needs subject needs a thread of it's own and be turned into a petition, not just for NSC readers; but fans who attend the AMEX, in particular sit in close proximity to where this incident took place (I don't)?

Jan 30, 2008
Unlike others on here I WILL NOT complain. It is too easy to forget someone has spent £100m+ on a stadium which is there for the fans to enjoy. Frankly, the 1901 does what it says on the tin. We are into a nice little routine - turn up roughly half an hour before the match quick beer then in we go. After the final whistle back into the bar for another beer which allows the crowds to disperse and then we leave. The 1901 is a bit corporate but if you think I am going to moan about the extra revenue the club generates from this - definately NOT ME I'm afraid. In short - I'm love'n it and having been to the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean I'm glad I chose to do it!!
get a grip it's a buisness enterprise ..................... some people :nono:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
This thread needs to be kept at the top of NSC and also why are the Argus not reporting on this total disgrace, it does not sound like the albion at all. someone from the club needs to say what is going on here. The palace game has caused far too many issues with bad policing and now this !!!!!
i'm sure there's an agenda to this whole episode, probably a collaboration of several people (USUAL SUSPECTS) .

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
i'm sure there's an agenda to this whole episode, probably a collaboration of several people (USUAL SUSPECTS) .

This is how serious an issue this is. I'm agreeing with Das Reich...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Club have a set of senior mgt below TB that appear extremely sensitive to any type of criticism (I've had experience of this, so I know what I'm talking about as do hundreds of others) regardless of how assertive or passive you are when making a point. It's taken as a personal afront, akin to telling off someone elses child in public because they're being an utter nuisance: the parents reprimand you for having the gall, rather than their little brat.

They may have delivered a nice shiny new stadium but are sadly lacking in the CS quarter and this is the latest example. A lot of the top echlons are not BHA fans but businessmen and woman. Arguably some aren't even football fans. And I think this may lie behind the apparent indifference towards supporter injustices like this.

It seems that legal address is the only way to get a response (why haven't the club even replied to him?) so if that's what this fans decided to do then the club will have to answer him. And he'd have hundreds of people's support. Mine included.

Perhaps this needs subject needs a thread of it's own and be turned into a petition, not just for NSC readers; but fans who attend the AMEX, in particular sit in close proximity to where this incident took place (I don't)?
Agreed. Also it's not just the Argus that's become very pliant, even on NSC if anyone says "I think the organisation for the P&R buses could be a lot better" about a dozen people (we used to call them 'lickers' when DK was chairman) will jump on it saying how lucky we are to have a stadium and anyone who points out any flaw is an ungrateful moaner. IF this banning and the 'fact's as presented on here are true (and I know nothing more than what I've read on this thread) then the club should be hounded for an explanation, an apology and compensation.

If on the other hand it's a load of bollocks then I've just made myself look a right twat by believing a story on NSC!

PS - We ARE very lucky to have a stadium, Tony Bloom, the Gus Bus etc etc etc. I would never deny that.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Glad he is getting some sensible feedback from a lot of posters on here,perhaps as the case goes further,a few on here might be asked to get involved,

hopefully wont be the case,but as ive already said,the club have shamefully refused all contact,and imo have another agenda(cant go into details at the mo).
The guy in question has been one of the most loyal fans through his lifetime as ive already sai9d,and deserves to be heard.I CANT EVEN IMAGINE AFTER ALL THE YEARS FIGHTING FOR THE STADIUM,HOW HE FEELS EVERY MATCH DAY.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Glad he is getting some sensible feedback from a lot of posters on here,perhaps as the case goes further,a few on here might be asked to get involved,

hopefully wont be the case,but as ive already said,the club have shamefully refused all contact,and imo have another agenda(cant go into details at the mo).
The guy in question has been one of the most loyal fans through his lifetime as ive already sai9d,and deserves to be heard.I CANT EVEN IMAGINE AFTER ALL THE YEARS FIGHTING FOR THE STADIUM,HOW HE FEELS EVERY MATCH DAY.

what's the agenda then? we're all getting involved and sticking up for your mate, could you at least hint at a possible agenda, just so we (sort of) understand the full picture.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Good. As it should be.

Not in this scenario it isn't. Being a BHA fan or fan of football in general would likely have resulted in a different approach. Wouldn't send a marketeer to sort out an industrial union dispute would you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not in this scenario it isn't. Being a BHA fan or fan of football in general would likely have resulted in a different approach.

Perhaps. But that wasn't my point.

You said the upper echelons of management were business people. That is exactly how it should be. This is a big business that needs to be run properly, on sound footings, with decisions taken sensibly and unclouded by the prejudices that all football fans hold dear.

I have no comments on the specific case of this chaps ban, as I have zero knowledge of the circumstances, beyond hearsay on this site. The guy sounds very much hard done by, but perhaps there is more to the story than we have been told?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Agreed. Also it's not just the Argus that's become very pliant, even on NSC if anyone says "I think the organisation for the P&R buses could be a lot better" about a dozen people (we used to call them 'lickers' when DK was chairman) will jump on it saying how lucky we are to have a stadium and anyone who points out any flaw is an ungrateful moaner. IF this banning and the 'fact's as presented on here are true (and I know nothing more than what I've read on this thread) then the club should be hounded for an explanation, an apology and compensation.

If on the other hand it's a load of bollocks then I've just made myself look a right twat by believing a story on NSC!

PS - We ARE very lucky to have a stadium, Tony Bloom, the Gus Bus etc etc etc. I would never deny that.

Agree. It's like the disabled situation a few months back (and I don't want to start that again because lots of progress was eventually made). When it became apparent the club had reneigned on several and/or overlooked things and explanations were sought, lots of people with low I.Q's were thus unable to distinguish the difference between these genuine greviences and "moaning" about more trivial matters such as the availability of pies, different beers and queues for toilets etc. I remember the fans forum where these concerns were raised and a majority of "lickers" (to use your parlance) actually BOOED and JEERED those who raised serious questions which they had every right to challenge the club over and ask for some answers. And only because calls, letters etc had gone unanswered (there's a theme here isn't there?!) were people forced to do this at the forum. Such fans who booed disabled fans should have been ashamed of their conduct - I'd like to see them tell an Iraq or Afgan. veteran who's lost a limb that they can f*** off with "their equal rights moaning" as some viewed it.

For the record, what's been said on NSC is accurate. I think the club's refusal to even acknowledge the situation after handing out the banning order is damning. AS I've said, shameful. Imagine you or I had our annual train pass taken away, without anyone speaking to us, and they kept the money, and they said we had no right of appeal. The Argus would be all over it if you contacted them. But not in this instance. Football, as usual, follows a very different curve to the rest of life/society's normal "rules".

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps. But that wasn't my point.

You said the upper echelons of management were business people. That is exactly how it should be. This is a big business that needs to be run properly, on sound footings, with decisions taken sensibly and unclouded by the prejudices that all football fans hold dear.

I have no comments on the specific case of this chaps ban, as I have zero knowledge of the circumstances, beyond hearsay on this site. The guy sounds very much hard done by, but perhaps there is more to the story than we have been told?

And my point, which you know where I'm coming from, is that upper echolons of any organisation shouldn't all be "commercial" or "operational" types. You need some green and yellow to offset the red and blue. But that's besides the by, you're getting sidetracked.

There is NOTHING more to this story, the club acted as chief prosecutor, judge and jury. By creating an "element of doubt" it plays straight into whoever's responsible's hands in many ways. That's exactly what I'd want in such a situation - so I can play the 2 sides to every story record and thus justify the banning order. But the club would do themselves an enormous favour by actually giving a detailed explanation, engaging with the individual(s) concerned and allowing other "witnesses" to comment. And that's all before they explained to us, the fans, why they put us at risk by breaching their own code of conduct which is NOT to allow fans of other clubs to sit in the home ends; AND take the piss whilst there moveover....against our main rivals!! You couldn't make it up really. Situation is a joke really and I feel for this fan. It's that black and white. In fact, there really wasn't any need to take any action whatsoever. My advice, if someone asks to see your card in the AMEX is don't show it. Because you might unfairly be accused of something and be banned, not get your money back without any explanation.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
in time mate,but he asked me not to put too much at the mo as he is going down all avenues,
by the way,the agenda bit is my opinion

Have the supporters group been contacted? What have they said?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Good luck to the guy ! I was there that night and it was very passionate , even in the 1901 . The Palace guy was giving it all that after they scored the second goal i think and arguing with the guy behind (not sure which bloke this is who got banned) i think he just told him he should be in the palace end as he pointed that way , then the palace guy was arguing , his son next to him and a daughter i think . The Palace guy thought many corporate people were in there and did not realise that many were passionate Brighton fans and a lot of us got up and started giving him stick and advised the stewards to get him out , which they obviously didn't and caused all the problems . Another guy had a chat with him on the way out , and also another guy who argued that we should not have a go at the Palace fan (perhaps this is the twat who sold him the tickets ?) both were taken aside and card details taken , i gave my card details as a witness but nobody has said or asked me nothing. I even think the bloke and the boy were wearing something Palace on top.

I pressume this case has something to do with the Brighton guy being banned ?

WHAT A CRAP NIGHT !

I was with the guy you're talking about, sat right behind the Palace fan and it's not him who's been banned. Those seats were also being occupied by West Ham fans for the game this season, pretty sure the person who owns them has not been all season.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I was with the guy you're talking about, sat right behind the Palace fan and it's not him who's been banned. Those seats were also being occupied by West Ham fans for the game this season, pretty sure the person who owns them has not been all season.

This needs to be looked into big time, tahther than banning our own fans.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
If what has been posted, concerning the banning of an Albion fan for asking a Palace fan to show some respect in the 1901, is correct then it is a shameful decision.

In light of the fact that so far this season we have had our supporters wrongly investigated for singing "racist" songs at Craig Bellamy - on the report of a TV watcher! Food & drink outlet staff abused and threatened in the away end - Palace ripping out toilet seats and getting supporters in the 1901 plus numerous away fans chanting homophobic songs - all without any action being taken ( to my knowledge )

It seems that the Club needs to refocus its efforts and re-instate this Albion fan immediately.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

Had a thought , do you think they may be owned by the club or someone who works at the club and given to the away teams staff like Youth team coaches , U21's , U19's any backroom staff ? Just a thought but it may explain the reason why we have heard nothing , no explaination , no arguing , our decision is final ?

Just a thought !

I will have a look at the Coventry game see who has those seats this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here