Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - Your thoughts so far?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
If thats true and I have no reason to disbelief you, that is a complete disgrace. I think NSC should start a campaign for the club to at least investigate the matter properly, rather than hand a two year ban with no evidence of any offense committed.

Big nuts,trust me ,this is true,the fact they wont even entertain seeing him,beggars beleif.
If they have evidence,fair enough,but have spoke to enough witnesses and it didnt happen,,like another poster on here said,the cctv is good enough to spot a mole ffs.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Big nuts,trust me ,this is true,the fact they wont even entertain seeing him,beggars beleif.
If they have evidence,fair enough,but have spoke to enough witnesses and it didnt happen,,like another poster on here said,the cctv is good enough to spot a mole ffs.

I would suggest he takes them to the small claims court for breach of contract then. Cheap and easy and the likelihood is that they will back down without any form evidence.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I also had a go at a Palace fan. Didn't move from my seat though, just told him to shut up.

If the club has banned a Brighton fan for having a go at a Palace fan in the Brighton end they are f***ing idiots.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i remember last year,a bha fan got banned for 3 games for sweraing.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I also had a go at a Palace fan. Didn't move from my seat though, just told him to shut up.

If the club has banned a Brighton fan for having a go at a Palace fan in the Brighton end they are f***ing idiots.

And unlike reporting homophobic abuse to the FA it doesn't inconvenience the club, only a fan, so don't expect to see insider jumping in here anytime soon.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009

I dont think the club sees the 1901 seats as "the brighton end".

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Really like it.

One drawback is dresscode for me.

In fairness the fact that there would be a dresscode was made clear at the 1901 presentations and its hardly onerous. I dont think we have a genuine right to complain about we knew when we purchased. However i do think we have a right to complain about what was sold but not delivered upon.

In particular the catering. The catering is miles from a 'fine dining experience' and at £38/head is vastly over priced. It has improved a bit but is still woeful. Service is also all over the place. This doesnt really matter but whilst the staff are all very pleasant they are also mostly clueless (but better to be cluesless and pleasant than the other way around!). However I would not bring clients to the Amex for lunch prior to a game. They would be more impressed with a McDonalds.

The 'snack' catering is very poor and hence over priced.

The platinum lounge is also much busier than anticpiated. No problem really but a lack of tables, chairs or simply a place to put your beer is irritatuing at times. However there are far too many people to create enough space for such luxuries. I think this is exacerbated by bringing in diners from all the other lounges as they are not selling as many dining spaces as they anticipated (back to the price and quality....) and so bringing them altogether in one lounge. Makes sense but not really enough space.

Obviously love the Amex but would not pay for a 1901 seat again if I knew what I know now. However its early days, getting it right shouldnt be impossible and being a Brighton fan is all about patience!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You wouldn't get Man City/ Man Utd, Portsmouth /Southampton, Liverpool/Everton, Tottenham/ Arsenal or Rangers/Celtic mixing so why the hell do Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club allow Crystal Palace fans in our home end!

This is not true. Friends of mine, Arsenal fans, use their companies corporate tickets at Chelsea. I went to Chelsea v Arsenal last season, no shirts allowed in the restaraunt and your seat is in with the home fans. As long as you are not abusive, it is not an issue. They went to the 3-5 game the other week and a Chelsea fan was having a go at one of my mates but neither got warned by stewards or chucked out.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
and did anyone say anything to them ?

It seems the club has lost its way palace fans in with Brighton fans . The whole night was a nightmare my twelve year old son spat at on the way to the ground no police outside the ground on the way to the ground palace fans allowed to do as they please . And then inside the ground Brighton fans get banned for what ? Come on BHA listen to the facts of what happend on the night !!!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It's interesting how the 1901 section has turned out.

When considering it we were very tempted by the good seats, but didn't go for it because of (a) the significant cost premium, and (b) the dress code.

So, because of this, it makes no difference to us, BUT at no point was it mentioned that away fans could be in the 1901 section ( maybe we were just being thick in not realising.. ), and perhaps it would have been fairer if the club had pointed it out in advance? ???

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I too have heard this story to day from an eye witness. The club needs to climb down and apologise immediately. What they've done is simply OUTRAGEOUS. Shameful. Nothing short of bullying.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Bar-to-seat distance
About 10m. Nice. ????

Thats 20 min round trip??
In the Nth last game I managed to make it from row Z to the bar/toilet and back while Tanno was getting treament. Didn't miss a kick.

Jan 30, 2008
It seems the club has lost its way palace fans in with Brighton fans . The whole night was a nightmare my twelve year old son spat at on the way to the ground no police outside the ground on the way to the ground palace fans allowed to do as they please . And then inside the ground Brighton fans get banned for what ? Come on BHA listen to the facts of what happend on the night !!!
can't comment on what went on before ,but spitting at a twelve year old sums them up ,they just melted away after the game, bottled it completely on the approach to the ramp at the station................ so i was told.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
This is not true. Friends of mine, Arsenal fans, use their companies corporate tickets at Chelsea. I went to Chelsea v Arsenal last season, no shirts allowed in the restaraunt and your seat is in with the home fans. As long as you are not abusive, it is not an issue. They went to the 3-5 game the other week and a Chelsea fan was having a go at one of my mates but neither got warned by stewards or chucked out.

Yes that's if you are not abusive but the clubs that I mentioned hate each other so that will never happen.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Positives:
•Queue times
The main advantage as far as I can see it are the lack of queues. The service at the bar is quick and the toilet queue is never more than a couple of minutes.
•Bar-to-seat distance
About 10m. Nice.
•Free programmes

apart from the free programme, we get ALL that in Row D of WSU Block H. And we didn't have to pay a huge wedge for the privilege either...........

No, but what about that Private Seat Licence you were so enthused about purchasing ? Happy that you're getting value for money ?

( Just to inform everyone else, He hasn't actually recieved ANYTHING from the club about his PSL yet ........... )

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing the PSL mentioned makes me wonder what happens to those who chose the £500 seat for 5 years. Do they have the choice to re-purchase the seat at whatever price the clubs set. Will they be able to revert to buying for the life of the stadium at this stage or will they forever be limited to 5 years at a time and a fee each time?

Double whammy potential. The season ticket price will take it's 1st hike in 5 years and you are at the mercy of the clubs pricing to keep the same seat too. If we are in League 1 or 2 it won't be an issue. If we are in the Premier League I can see the club asking thousands for a prime 1901 seat.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No, but what about that Private Seat Licence you were so enthused about purchasing ? Happy that you're getting value for money ?

( Just to inform everyone else, He hasn't actually recieved ANYTHING from the club about his PSL yet ........... )

It beggers belief the attitude being shown towards this loyal fan. Found guilty without any trial, any recourse, for doing nothing other than protecting himself and his friends and family...ALL this in a stand where the club knowingly let AWAY fans in who then caused the trouble in the first place!

Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in a court of law. It's shameful. Thought our club hierachy was better than this, I'm curious as to why they don't even reply given their heavy-handedness. Dozens of people are ready to give testimony. Why won't they even listen to these supporters as to what actually happened? How can supporters assist this fan? Have the supporters club got involved? It's a huge carriage of misjustice according to everyone involved, which, ironically, didn't include the club!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing the PSL mentioned makes me wonder what happens to those who chose the £500 seat for 5 years. Do they have the choice to re-purchase the seat at whatever price the clubs set. Will they be able to revert to buying for the life of the stadium at this stage or will they forever be limited to 5 years at a time and a fee each time?

Double whammy potential. The season ticket price will take it's 1st hike in 5 years and you are at the mercy of the clubs pricing to keep the same seat too. If we are in League 1 or 2 it won't be an issue. If we are in the Premier League I can see the club asking thousands for a prime 1901 seat.

As I understand it at the end of the 5 year period you will have the option to rejoin on whatever the terms are in 5 years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here