Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - Your thoughts so far?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I've been in there a few times and frankly, it doesn't feel like going to football for me. I mean, a lot of the people around the seat I've been in, are proper football fans and enjoy a sing-song and the occasional stand but are seemingly condemned by most for it. Not to mention the debacle that was the allowing Palace fans in there "because it's corporate."

fella that says it all.right,lets start from begining,one of my best mates,one of the first brighton fan to get a season tik at gillingham,
in the first 10 to get a season ticket at the withdean,decided he would go 1901,again one of the first to comitt to this.
Also has done nearly every away ground too
So you could say is a bha die hard ,who has always put his money where his mouth is concerning the Albion.
At the palace game a palace fan gave it the bigun in the area my mate is,who went up to him and told him to calm it down,(he has been in many home ends and i can vouch has never given it the bigun,,even hereford on that historic day).
He was spoken to by a steward and was told he might get a letter.
A week later he rang me up,and i couldnt beleive what the club had done,they had banned him for 2 years,stopped his travel vouchers and deactivated his membership!!!!!!
H e has tried contacting the club through various chanels,with no responce.
He has got 8 statements from fans that were there that night proving his inocence,and has character refs from magistrates,but to know avail,now you tell me why his beloved brighton,wont even let him prove what happened that night,not even meeting.!
Like us all,he went on all the marches,has done so much,but is being treated so shabby from the club,havent spoken to him for a few days,i wanted to act(like a lot of his fellow bha fans),but he wants to go down the right avenue,but this im afraid stinks!!!!!!

so you tell me why they let fans in the 1901 club from our bitter rivals,and how come a FELLOW bha 1901 member can give or sell his ticket to a palace fan.disracefull

Last edited:

paul381

Apr 22, 2008
and did anyone say anything to them ?

after the game when they had been jumping up and down when they scored had a guy go up to him asked him to stop jumping about and show some respect in the home end 2 of his mates came back down the steps giving it large saying ill get you banned.. would you believe next week guy got letter through door 2 year ban 1 of many sensless bans at the AMEX. corporate or not why are away fans allowed in and why would any brighton fan invite them in. would this happen at any other ground away fans get treated with respect home fans like shit!!! some of these people running club and stewards need to go to away games as fans (maybe palace for a reality check) to see how away fans get treated compared to home fans

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's called a coffee/tea dispenser, you ignoramus..

A flask is a flask whatever want to call it.

Haven't they got a proper coffee machine in there ? .. and how much do they charge for a coffee from a flask ?

The more I hear about it in there it sounds more corporate than luxury. Like a training day in Swindon where everyone has to wear a name badge and walks around with a branded note pad.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My thoughts are it really is not for me.

I can't contemplate ever being restricted going to an event of leisure as to what I have to wear, sorry not for me

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
and did anyone say anything to them ?

Yes, myself included. When Palace scored their second (I think, it may have been the first), he piped up giving it the big one to a guy I was with. Then when he (the Palace fan) started making threats, the rest of us got involved and told him in no uncertain terms where to go and what would happen to him if he didn't - not that anyone else really needed to say anything but you know what it's like. Obviously the stewards came over, where he pleaded innocence and claimed we were intimidating him and his young son. The other people close by, who again I consider the more seasoned Albion fans, got involved as well, backing us up saying that he shouldn't be in there, nor should he be acting that way when he was.

Stewards did handle the situation pretty well to be fair to them. Didn't chuck anyone out or start throwing threats about.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
When they sold 1901 they sold it as a "special treat" for Brighton fans. Then companys came along and wanted to buy boxes and they couldn't so they offered them 1901. That then allows any Tom Dick and Harry in our the West Stand or and Mr Martin Perry called it "THE MAIN HOME STAND". What the club should do is stipulate in the 1901 rules is no away fans just like the rest of the stadium. I don't know of any other stadium that "openly" allows away fans in the home end.
You wouldn't get Man City/ Man Utd, Portsmouth /Southampton, Liverpool/Everton, Tottenham/ Arsenal or Rangers/Celtic mixing so why the hell do Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club allow Crystal Palace fans in our home end!

Last edited:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I have heard from a mate someone did and has now been banned by the club for threatening behaviour total and utter disgrace if true

Very true.

I believe the club claim there is no CCTV to prove the Albion fans innocence. Yeah right.

It stinks big time. 2 year ban for asking a Palace fan to calm down. Unbelievable.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I know at least 10 people that have bought these 1901 tickets that aren't even Brighton fans and have bought them so if they get bored they can sell them !!!!!!!!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Yeh funny that - we went on a tour of the stadium 2 days after that match and were told that the CCTV was that good in the stadium that it could pick a mole out on someones face yey they have nothing for this!!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Very true.

I believe the club claim there is no CCTV to prove the Albion fans innocence. Yeah right.

It stinks big time. 2 year ban for asking a Palace fan to calm down. Unbelievable.

Innocent until they find CCTV then, Stewards weren't close enough to see (provide evidence) which WAS the issue. He was doing their job!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Innocent until they find CCTV then, Stewards weren't close enough to see (provide evidence) which WAS the issue. He was doing their job!

Exactly. Seems they have made a hasty (wrong) decision, have no evidence to back up what they assume happened and then just ignore what witnesses saw ACTUALLY happen. Odd

Oct 6, 2010
I am very pleased so far.

Positives:
The seat position x100
Ease and comfort of the lounge
Getting to chat to ex players before the game
Pre ordering drinks for half time
Not having to purchase cup tickets
Suprising amount of 'proper fans' singing and shouting.

Negatives:
Feeling like I'm a corperate. (mostly when I read NSC 1901 threads) But attend away matches with the riff raff to compensate.
Price. Still feels worth it after 10 years of withdean though.
Can't get food from the concourses/not enough choice of 'football food' in the lounge.

Overall very glad we did it, bearing in mind we could cash in and move elsewhere should we ever want to. (and don't use the car park!)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
fella that says it all.right,lets start from begining,one of my best mates,one of the first brighton fan to get a season tik at gillingham,
in the first 10 to get a season ticket at the withdean,decided he would go 1901,again one of the first to comitt to this.
So you could say is a bha die hard ,who has always put his money where his mouth is concerning the Albion.
At the palace game a palace fan gave it the bigun in the area my mate is,who went up to him and told him to calm it down,(he has been in many home ends and i can vouch has never given it the bigun,,even hereford on that historic day).
A week later he rang me up,and i couldnt beleive what the club had done,they had banned him for 2 years,stopped his travel vouchers and deactivated his membership!!!!!!
He has got 8 statements from fans that were there that night proving his inocence,and has character refs from magistrates,but to know avail,now you tell me why his beloved brighton,wont even let him prove what happened that night,not even meeting.!
Like us all,he went on all the marches,has done so much,but is being treated so shabby from the club,havent spoken to him for a few days,i wanted to act(like a lot of his fellow bha fans),but he wants to go down the right avenue,but this im afraid stinks!!!!!!

so you tell me why they let fans in the 1901 club from our bitter rivals,and how come a FELLOW bha 1901 member can give or sell his ticket to a palace fan.disracefull

If thats true and I have no reason to disbelief you, that is a complete disgrace. I think NSC should start a campaign for the club to at least investigate the matter properly, rather than hand a two year ban with no evidence of any offense committed.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I'm really amazed at this and feel for your mate. Maybe he could track down an email address for TB and try to send him a "nice" mail explaining his history etc .... Failing that put in a personal appearance at the club and ask to see Perry/Brown? I'm really quite horrified by this treatment and can't believe any sensible person wouldn't listen sympathetically if presented in a mature and non confrontational way

Jan 30, 2008
after the game when they had been jumping up and down when they scored had a guy go up to him asked him to stop jumping about and show some respect in the home end 2 of his mates came back down the steps giving it large saying ill get you banned.. would you believe next week guy got letter through door 2 year ban 1 of many sensless bans at the AMEX. corporate or not why are away fans allowed in and why would any brighton fan invite them in. would this happen at any other ground away fans get treated with respect home fans like shit!!! some of these people running club and stewards need to go to away games as fans (maybe palace for a reality check) to see how away fans get treated compared to home fans
that's a disgrace and as empire stated what wanker gave him the ticket BANG OUT OF ORDER ON ALL COUNTS !!!!!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
After two yrs ST at Prietfield and ten at withers, I bought 1901 in the hope of meeting business contacts - quite a few of my clients are 1901 and I was hoping to use the club as both a networking opportunity ('real' business networking leaves me cold) as well as a premium matchday experience. The extra expense is covered by the fact the cost is run through my business. The fact is, though, all my contacts are all in different lounges and I cant get to see any of them at half time. That sucks.

At the leeds game we had fairly stiff words with a couple of gobby leeds twats in the 1901 - reading the story above about the guy who confront the nigel makes me want to pack it in and move to NS or WSU to be honest...

Jan 30, 2008
A flask is a flask whatever want to call it.

Haven't they got a proper coffee machine in there ? .. and how much do they charge for a coffee from a flask ?

The more I hear about it in there it sounds more corporate than luxury. Like a training day in Swindon where everyone has to wear a name badge and walks around with a branded note pad.
what's wrong with a fresh pot of tea and then poured into a nice china cup, it's British tradition and shouldn't be skimped on , agree ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I'm really amazed at this and feel for your mate. Maybe he could track down an email address for TB and try to send him a "nice" mail explaining his history etc .... Failing that put in a personal appearance at the club and ask to see Perry/Brown? I'm really quite horrified by this treatment and can't believe any sensible person wouldn't listen sympathetically if presented in a mature and non confrontational way

horrified isnt the word mate,i think the west ham game was the first home game he had missed in 16 years!!.
The club has a lot of positives with the new stadia and going forward,but this is one (or is it just one?),very bad piece negative
the fan responsible is going down every avenue,which is his right,but i would rather go one further and get the media involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here