Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - Your thoughts so far?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Had a thought , do you think they may be owned by the club or someone who works at the club and given to the away teams staff like Youth team coaches , U21's , U19's any backroom staff ? Just a thought but it may explain the reason why we have heard nothing , no explaination , no arguing , our decision is final ?

Just a thought !

I will have a look at the Coventry game see who has those seats this time.

Don't think so, as this bloke clearly wasn't there in any sort of professional capacity, neither were the West Ham lot (who were well behaved, gave a little cheer when they scored and that was it) who were in those seats. Pretty sure there where some proper dickhead, supposedly, Brighton fans in them for the game v Blackpool. I genuinely had no idea that someone got banned, or even said anything but I shamefully went after the third, by which time the Palace fan had shut up and wouldn't even turn around.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I had West Ham fans sitting next to me and it was not pleasent. I have to listen to them bad mouthing BHA and Brighton as a place yet if I kicked off I would be thrown out?

The management of the club have gone billy big bollocks, not just this mbut on lots of other things. I do not include Bloom in this.

They should remember in the bad times they will need the support and goodwill.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I had West Ham fans sitting next to me and it was not pleasent. I have to listen to them bad mouthing BHA and Brighton as a place yet if I kicked off I would be thrown out?

The management of the club have gone billy big bollocks, not just this mbut on lots of other things. I do not include Bloom in this.

They should remember in the bad times they will need the support and goodwill.

But that;s the point - new era, new(ish) rules and what were the bad times again? BHA was reborn in Aug 2011. And if we fall on bad times again, likely or not it'll be a different set of mgt who'll see things differently because they have to. It's all money-driven!!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
But that;s the point - new era, new(ish) rules and what were the bad times again? BHA was reborn in Aug 2011. And if we fall on bad times again, likely or not it'll be a different set of mgt who'll see things differently because they have to. It's all money-driven!!

Nothing wrong with being money driven shame about some of the attitude that comes from the top.

Bloom has enabled us to build a fantastic stadium and will back the manager as well. Some of the management have let all this money go to their heads and now act all billy big time. They were happy to listen and get the begging bowl out when they were potless now they sweep aside any input or offers of genuine advice.

Quite sad realy.

Excited about our future and exstatic about Bloom, not so impressed with others

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nothing wrong with being money driven shame about some of the attitude that comes from the top.

Bloom has enabled us to build a fantastic stadium and will back the manager as well. Some of the management have let all this money go to their heads and now act all billy big time. They were happy to listen and get the begging bowl out when they were potless now they sweep aside any input or offers of genuine advice.

Quite sad realy.

Excited about our future and exstatic about Bloom, not so impressed with others

I'd go along with that appraisal. But that's football. The only constant is the fans. Everyone else comes and goes generally and can do what they like whilst they have possession of the ball so's to speak! We have a great new stadium and Bloom is a diamond. But he's not running the club day to day, others are in his name and I too think they're are some (who probably won't be around in 10 years time like you and I) who haven't exactly covered themselves in glory. Hope the players do soon though!!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Had a thought , do you think they may be owned by the club or someone who works at the club and given to the away teams staff like Youth team coaches , U21's , U19's any backroom staff ? Just a thought but it may explain the reason why we have heard nothing , no explaination , no arguing , our decision is final ?

Just a thought !

I will have a look at the Coventry game see who has those seats this time.

Maybe they were seats affiliated to American Express? The club would go out of its way to support anyone sat in them if that was the case..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
FROM WHAT i HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT ON HERE ...........BIN IT

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You can`t wear colours, you can`t wear T shirts etc, no atmosphere, away fans cheering in seats next to you.

Sounds great.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1 You can`t wear colours, 2 you can`t wear T shirts etc, 3 no atmosphere, 4 away fans cheering in seats next to you.

Sounds great.

1. This isn't news.
2. I can cope with wearing something other than a T Shirt.
3. Yes there is.
4. Not as many as in the South Stand.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
1. This isn't news.
2. I can cope with wearing something other than a T Shirt.
3. Yes there is.
4. Not as many as in the South Stand.

You`re saying there is singing in there ? That`s good then.

I don`t sit in the south stand Phil so have no problem with away fans celebrating but it wouldn`t work for me though if I was sat next to them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Does your third point not rather contradict your fourth?

No not at all. I take it you think that opposition fans sitting together make for a better atmosphere then ? I think it creates massive problems. It can stifle an atmosphere. I`ve been on corporates in the past and I know the rules........ It doesn`t make for a good atmosphere.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You`re saying there is singing in there ? That`s good then.

I don`t sit in the south stand Phil so have no problem with away fans celebrating but it wouldn`t work for me though if I was sat next to them.

Have to say, we sing far more than ever at Withdean, generally my voice is shot by half way through the second half, very vocal bunch around where we sit, including a few who, even after 11 games cannot believe how loud I can shout!

As for away fans, I understand that this may happen from time to time, when we have had away fans around us, including 2 Palace fans, we've had grown up banter which at worst resulted in handshakes at the end and a wish that their car had flat tyres, and that they lost many more games between now and the end of the season than we did. They were decent enough to wish us well, and compliment us on a fabulous stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here