Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club priority for away/cup games

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
On the plus side though can you see many 1901 members travelling away??

Personally i dont think they will

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I reaaly don't know why they did the away ticket priority thing for 1901 members - they are getting a good deal more for their money than STH anyway.

I think the club should now open an away supporters membership scheme, or perhaps a supplement on the ST, maybe free to 1901s, for those that really want to attend away matches and are not 1901 members as it could be that some matches will now be 1901 only??

:amex: :amex:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I reaaly don't know why they did the away ticket priority thing for 1901 members - they are getting a good deal more for their money than STH anyway.

I think the club should now open an away supporters membership scheme, or perhaps a supplement on the ST, maybe free to 1901s, for those that really want to attend away matches and are not 1901 members as it could be that some matches will now be 1901 only??

My concerns exactly. Its going to be a sad sad day for the fans when away games are solely attended by 1901 members.

Ive messaged 'Ask the club' on this matter because im pissed off

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

so do the 1901 members get priority for all away games? If we get promoted all away games will be all ticket and probably range from 2000-3000 tickets per game......i dont expect many 1901 members will travel but there is a chance for certain games that 1500 tickets are sold before they even go on sale to STH. If were in the championship and your not a STH you wont be getting to any away games!!!

Jan 30, 2008
so do the 1901 members get priority for all away games? If we get promoted all away games will be all ticket and probably range from 2000-3000 tickets per game......i dont expect many 1901 members will travel but there is a chance for certain games that 1500 tickets are sold before they even go on sale to STH. If were in the championship and your not a STH you wont be getting to any away games!!!
there are ways around this :smokin:

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Think it's a little unfair to tar every 1901 ticket holder with the same brush. My husband and i have caved and gone the 1901 route for the better view and the car parking space and feel after many years as STH in the 'lovely' south stand we would treat ourselves. That said I don't agree that 1901 should get priority over long standing STH's and feel the club have made a big mistake there.

Jan 30, 2008
Think it's a little unfair to tar every 1901 ticket holder with the same brush. My husband and i have caved and gone the 1901 route for the better view and the car parking space and feel after many years as STH in the 'lovely' south stand we would treat ourselves. That said I don't agree that 1901 should get priority over long standing STH's and feel the club have made a big mistake there.

you make it sound like a shopping trip to bluewater .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The priority for away games is very strange its not like we struggle with away attendances and come the big games its all going to kick off. Not like the 1901 club is not a good deal anyway

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
there's about 15 games left at withdean... get yourself along to some of those and then i might take you seriously.

let me get this straight, so in the past 6 year you have been to 3 games, and contributed exactly £ nothing towards the survival of the club. new fans are always welcome, but please at least have some understanding of the struggle and commitment shown by us loyalist over the past 15 years to keep the club alive.

Not strictly true actually, as I also went to Orient a few years back and Brentford. I used to go back in the day but circumstances and priorities change and Ive only made some of the bigger games over the past few years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think like at least 30% of the 1901 club I agree with you. We have done our time at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and now want to treat ourselves and fortunately we can afford to do so. The problem is thousands of others have done the same but are less fortunate and can't afford to do so. However these fans still deserve the best seats at Falmer and priority for away games, not be beaten to it by some johnny come lately corporate. I'm in the 1901 club but still think it is wrong that they have given priority to members over STH's and have taken away further good seats in the East Stand.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I think like at least 30% of the 1901 club I agree with you. We have done our time at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and now want to treat ourselves and fortunately we can afford to do so. The problem is thousands of others have done the same but are less fortunate and can't afford to do so. However these fans still deserve the best seats at Falmer and priority for away games, not be beaten to it by some johnny come lately corporate. I'm in the 1901 club but still think it is wrong that they have given priority to members over STH's and have taken away further good seats in the East Stand.

I totally agree with you! i don't think priority should go to 1901 over long standing supporters and also think that providing more 1901 seats than originally planned is not a good move by the club. I was just reacting to the all too frequent posts that 1901 members are all new STH that haven't done their time at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean....... I wouldn't insult other long term Brighton supporters so was just asking for the same respect.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was hoping that with moving to Falmer and a more functional and integrated ticketing system we'd be able to implement the ONLY sensible way of allocating tickets for big games, a points system including away games. Will big aways even be WORTH going to for the few who can get tickets if prioirty goes to the 1901 club?

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
I was hoping that with moving to Falmer and a more functional and integrated ticketing system we'd be able to implement the ONLY sensible way of allocating tickets for big games, a points system including away games. Will big aways even be WORTH going to for the few who can get tickets if prioirty goes to the 1901 club?

Priority should be allocated to those who support the club the most. But how do you measure this? Someone who signs up for 5 years and pays a lot of money into the club for this period is surely supporting the club as much, if not more, than anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here