Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club priority for away/cup games

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Maybe these folk are like me? I'm a new fan who wants to be part of this new Albion adventure. I say new, I did go to the Spurs, West Ham and Villa cup games but you get my drift. If the club want to fill 22500 seats they need to attract new faces like me....which they seem to be doing.

there's about 15 games left at withdean... get yourself along to some of those and then i might take you seriously.

let me get this straight, so in the past 6 year you have been to 3 games, and contributed exactly £ nothing towards the survival of the club. new fans are always welcome, but please at least have some understanding of the struggle and commitment shown by us loyalist over the past 15 years to keep the club alive.

Jan 30, 2008
don't get me wrong its great to see the club moving in the right direction, unfortunately those who can't dish the dosh don't matter anymore, that's the way i see it ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I for one was fuming on my 1901 presentation when it was said that the 'ruffian fans' would be in the North Stand and they will be 'happy with a few beers and pies catering wise' when compared to the corporate catering.

Did they actually say that? Total disgrace if they did.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did they actually say that? Total disgrace if they did.

Yep I 100% assure you it was said. My Dad was pretty annoyed about it - classist bollocks. That's why I have a bitter taste about SOME of the 1901 stuff - not the likes of Giraffe and HB&B BTW.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep I 100% assure you it was said. My Dad was pretty annoyed about it - classist bollocks. That's why I have a bitter taste about SOME of the 1901 stuff - not the likes of Giraffe and HB&B BTW.

Have heard the same thing from several sources. I thought I might at last get away from the bloody dog burgers but apparently not.

Disagree Woz (if that was a serious comment) - some have yes. I for one was fuming on my 1901 presentation when it was said that the 'ruffian fans' would be in the North Stand and they will be 'happy with a few beers and pies catering wise' when compared to the corporate catering. Those 'ruffians' are the ones who kept this club running throught the gloomy years.

I didn't recognise any faces on the tour and it seemed to be business people who weren't current fans.

When i kicked up a fuss about lack of social facilities for us ordainary fans i got pelters! "they will have bars on the concourse and hot food!" Well you got what you wanted second class status for ordainary fans,thats how you are percieved unless you can wad in for the 1914-1918 club! get back in your trenches boys!:hilton:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
there's about 15 games left at withdean... get yourself along to some of those and then i might take you seriously.

let me get this straight, so in the past 6 year you have been to 3 games, and contributed exactly £ nothing towards the survival of the club. new fans are always welcome, but please at least have some understanding of the struggle and commitment shown by us loyalist over the past 15 years to keep the club alive.

Les - it's a fishing trip. Pork Knuckle Dragger is a fake account.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not too late to start a campaign for an Uncle Sams franchise for the ruffian fans? No reason it has to be dog burgers when it could be Sussex finest :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I just found a video of a 1901 Club after meeting party.

[yt]AHo2pXO_XAI[/yt]

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
don't get me wrong its great to see the club moving in the right direction, unfortunately those who can't dish the dosh don't matter anymore, that's the way i see it ???

That's football now for you bert!

And if you use the Club Wembley example even they've been screwed over for the Champions League final because UEFA know they can make money out the prime seats by flogging them themselves.

Good to see you back BTW.

Jan 30, 2008
That's football now for you bert!

And if you use the Club Wembley example even they've been screwed over for the Champions League final because UEFA know they can make money out the prime seats by flogging them themselves.

Good to see you back BTW.

thanks , as i said i was made a scapegoat :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I share some of your reservations, I bought the 1901 club seats for the better view, the car park space and for somewhere warm for my elderly father to go at half time. He deserves a bit of comfort. But I have little time for a lot of corporate bollocks. The club shouldn't allow corporates to have greater priority than STHs in my view, and I am disappointed for others that they are given over even more of thebetter seats to potentially non current STHs.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I really dont want to go in for all this 1901 bollocks but i feel its my only option at the minute. Im not an exsisting season ticket holder and i dont wanna be umongst the free for all when they go on general sale. That will be a nightmare. Also hearing that 1901 have first priority at away games is slightly worrying.

I feel im getting pushed into a corner here

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

thats the way i see it too, it's not right, i cant afford a season ticket let alone the Prawn Sandwich Club, why the f*** should they get priororty for Big Games, if you asked the majority of the PS Club i doubt they even could name half the team, again looks like money fucks, its Bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here