Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Open Day

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On 10th July apparently. I don't know any more than this though.

Let the hilarious ruffian humour commence....

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It is to see if people have a preference towards Atlantic or Greenland prawns for their sarnies!! or whether to supply a 98 merlot or a Bordeaux!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
As the 1901 club will collar the tickets for the Pompey away game, it might be a seminar on how to cope with the locals on Portsea Island and details like which of the local Fratton bars is a gastropub.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yes that date was set about six weeks ago ( Sunday July 10th)...Er! Greenland prawns please with a nice Merlot....Sod that...Pint of Guinness and pie.

As the 1901 club will collar the tickets for the Pompey away game, it might be a seminar on how to cope with the locals on Portsea Island and details like which of the local Fratton bars is a gastropub.
They're going on an exclusive trip to an island paradise? I reckon the get-together on 10 July is bound to include a Timeshare presentation.

D

Deleted User X18H

oh dear you all have to go together, you don't get a private viewing like others have had the last few weeks

Why would anyone need a private viewing? I'm sure an organised look around with canapés and sherry will be far more hospitable

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
'They won't get priority for away games'

As a 1901 member, I think you will find that we will, not saying that i agree with it, but they clearly stated in presentations and brochures that '1901 members would get priority on Away game tickets. Now i do not believe that is fair, but do not have a go at all the 1901 members, as I saw 20 away games last year and the people I am with in 1901 are just as committied. I think they need to allocate some to 1901, then the rest to fans who have been to the most away games, pure and simple. But please do not think that all the 1901 members are JCL's as they are not, I think I hread that 70% were from last years season ticket holders and to be fair have committed quite a lot of money for a 5 year deal, so think maybe they get some perks, that is life I am affraid.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
'They won't get priority for away games'

As a 1901 member, I think you will find that we will, not saying that i agree with it, but they clearly stated in presentations and brochures that '1901 members would get priority on Away game tickets. Now i do not believe that is fair, but do not have a go at all the 1901 members, as I saw 20 away games last year and the people I am with in 1901 are just as committied. I think they need to allocate some to 1901, then the rest to fans who have been to the most away games, pure and simple. But please do not think that all the 1901 members are JCL's as they are not, I think I hread that 70% were from last years season ticket holders and to be fair have committed quite a lot of money for a 5 year deal, so think maybe they get some perks, that is life I am affraid.

Aboslutely spot on. The 3 of us are season ticket holders from last year and also went to aproximately half of the away games. We were also led to believe re priority for away games.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I knew this weeks ago. There are also north stand and west stand open nights. But not east, at least that wasn't decided or was missed off the comm. I received. Got the dates on my compute at work if nobody else can pit them on here before then.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Yes, when they say priority they probably mean the same priority as STH's. I have never heard anything about priority OVER normal STH's.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All they have said is that 1901ers get some kind of priority for away games. They haven't said they'll be first in the queue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here