Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Open Day

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I really don't see why the very mention of the numbers 1901 creates so many negative comments. It is full of loyal longstanding supporters. What is the issue?

no problem with most 1901ers, many are loyal fans who toughed it out over the years and now want some comfort. Many also go to away games. BUT we all know people who "couldn't make it" during the G'ham/Withdean years but have miraculously found that their Sats will now be free and have taken up 1901 (paid for by their companies).

I'm not sure why 1901ers need any priority over other STH because if they have followed the club home and away for years their away match qualification "points" will be recorded on the club's database so when the tickets are allocated they will be near the front of the Q.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm not sure why 1901ers need any priority over other STH because if they have followed the club home and away for years their away match qualification "points" will be recorded on the club's database so when the tickets are allocated they will be near the front of the Q.

Yep agree with that.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Simple fact for away games including the cup ties is it should be one ticket for every season ticket holder based on away games visited. None of that, your'e 1901 club members so you can have 4 tickets. Don't take the Crawley situation too lightly either. I'm staunch, but there's plenty of fans possibly unable to invest in a season ticket who will travel up the road if they cant get a ticket through our club for league and cup games (league obviously harder for the start of this season) There should be no gaps in the 1901 JCL seats. If that's seen to happen, a review of ticketing should take place
No review needed,they paid £1,175 for the privilege of using that seat plus another £90 plus per month,I'm sure that if they can't make a game due to hospital or family bereavement the seat will be used by a relative/friend as they are interchangeable.A lot of long time loyal fans have bought into the 1901,they are not all businessmen.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Of course 1901'ers should have priority for everything. You pay the most money you are a priority customer.

But I'm not sure why people are moaning about it, in all the years I've been following the Albion the only game I can think of where people have missed out on getting tickets is the West Ham cup game. Even then I knew people with spares on the day. With the loyalty scheme the club are introducing then it shouldn't be an issue full stop. Although Pompey first away game probably wasn't what the club were hoping for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here